Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Even if it doesn't have the embroidered shoudlers like the game coat, it seems odd to show it being closed, when Adam only ever (off the top of my head) wears it open, which gives it the nice little renn-retro lapels? o.0

Guest MrInsaneBuff

One of these to go into the new camera

Posted Image

Guest MrInsaneBuff

One of these to go into the new camera

Posted Image

I bought an 8GB one of those from Ebay, but I'm pretty sure I got ripped off. Still seems fast though, but not as fast as it says on the sticker.

Im not going to be doing much video so im not overly concerned. i just want to be able to do burst in raw format on my camera and actually get 4 frames per second.

ME. WANT. NOW!

EDIT: Is it customizable? e.g. Changing the color of the LED's? Or is it set that way?

It's red, and that's about it :P

Where did you get that exactly?

TELL ME.

You know, roundabout where that place is.

Dealextreme sells cheap knockoffs of Tokyoflash models among others.

Search for SKU 37822 for a similar (probably the same) model as the one you're after.

I've had a few cheap clones before and suffice to say they don't remain in my collection heh.

That SKU is the same design, but the band is better where I bought it from - it's not chromed and super shiny, seems made of stainless steel. Certainly doesn't feel at all cheap :)

Got my moddest tax return this week, and rather than upgrading my aging mid-range Asus C90S gaming laptop, for the same cost I went out and picked up a HP Pavilion dv6-6134tx.

Posted Image

The essential base specs are...

CPU: Intel Core i5-2410M - 2.3GHz; Turbo Boost @ 2.6 GHz (2 cores active) and 2.9 GHz (1 core active)

Chipset: Intel HM65

Memory: 1 x 4GB DDR3-1333 (plan on maxing it out at 8GB)

Sound: Hewlett-Packard Company Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller (IDT 111D7605 / Intel 80862805)

Display: 15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (Samsung SEC4251) @ 1366 x 768

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770M - Memory @ 1GB DDR5

HDD: Toshiba MK5076GSX - 500GB/5400RPM/8MB cache (plan on ditching it for something bettwe - tossing up between either a 240GB SSD or a 500GB hybrid drive)

Looking forward to seeing what gaming it can do! :D

the awesome t5720 from hp, for $20 from ocau

now doing service in the living room as a cafe browser utilising the 19" samsung lcd i picked up from council pickup (pixel perfect; thank you the wastrel yuppies of clontarf)

upgraded to 512 ddr333 pinched from the ibook it replaced, flashed to the latest bios and embedded sp2, with a 1ghz amd thoroughbred passively cooled, running windoze xp-e and firefox silently at 24w drawn

a great day's entertainment building and configuring, now an uncrashable freebie browser for anyone in the living room

Posted Image

Blu-rays[/img]

Hey, I have all those except Eagle Eye. Not a huge fan of Shia The Beef. Death Race is fun, not a great movie, but okay. And Statham's body is rididculous in this movie, one of my main motivators for getting off my ass and getting into shape.

Serenity is the bomb, one of the first Blu-rays I bought, at nigh-on $40. It's one of the best Blus there is, in my opinion. It doesn't look particularly amazing, but the special features are totally worth the purchase. The Picture In Picture commentary with Joss and the cast is great fun, and also very informative.

I think I own Stargate, but have not actually watched it... I do that a lot...

Finished Stage II of my Courtyard Project today. My solar light display. Thinking of adding another set of string lights though, and some more colour changing ones. The blue and red colours are the Solar Spotlights which change from Red to Green to Blue and cast nice shadows. Off to Bunnings again soon for even more lights :) (Think I need a new Camera soon too ... This one is getting on a bit)

Posted Image

now doing service in the living room as a cafe browser utilising the 19" samsung lcd i picked up from council pickup (pixel perfect; thank you the wastrel yuppies of clontarf)

upgraded to 512 ddr333 pinched from the ibook it replaced, flashed to the latest bios and embedded sp2, with a 1ghz amd thoroughbred passively cooled, running windoze xp-e and firefox silently at 24w drawn

a great day's entertainment building and configuring, now an uncrashable freebie browser for anyone in the living room

Posted Image

I wondered what the hell they were, I've got about a dozen of them on the desk adjacent to me at work.

Got my moddest tax return this week, and rather than upgrading my aging mid-range Asus C90S gaming laptop, for the same cost I went out and picked up a HP Pavilion dv6-6134tx.

Posted Image

The essential base specs are...

CPU: Intel Core i5-2410M - 2.3GHz; Turbo Boost @ 2.6 GHz (2 cores active) and 2.9 GHz (1 core active)

Chipset: Intel HM65

Memory: 1 x 4GB DDR3-1333 (plan on maxing it out at 8GB)

Sound: Hewlett-Packard Company Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller (IDT 111D7605 / Intel 80862805)

Display: 15.6" High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display (Samsung SEC4251) @ 1366 x 768

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770M - Memory @ 1GB DDR5

HDD: Toshiba MK5076GSX - 500GB/5400RPM/8MB cache (plan on ditching it for something bettwe - tossing up between either a 240GB SSD or a 500GB hybrid drive)

Looking forward to seeing what gaming it can do! :D

Nice, I was hoping to get one of these.

I wonder how powerful the 6770 is compared to desktop cards...

Posted Image

I wondered what the hell they were, I've got about a dozen of them on the desk adjacent to me at work.

took a bit of geek google-fu to get it running sweet, but given that it's all down to flash memory this is essentially like having a solid state drive for the o.s. - only the processor and ram slow it down

presently investigating adding an ide>compact flash adapter so i can up the non-volatile storage to 2 or 4 gig for way cheap, and thus add a few more features like a pdf reader and possibly vlc media player for experiments

are you trying to get rid of your set ? i'd probably buy another as a browser / music launcher for the workshop downstairs

they are awesome and fast and frugal

who never has any money you sure do buy a lot of junk.

Ever think that might be why? ;)

Posted Image

Two of them on eBay for $24 including postage. Couldn't be bothered walking about 5ks to the next store that has them, doesn't phase me one bit. I was very unsure if there would even be any stock left as it was a VERY hot item...

Posted Image

X-Men Quadrilougy for $49 @ DSE Parramatta

Posted Image

A Domo plush for my sis, cause she adores them...

And a Mario Super size figurine from this set:

Posted Image

Edited by krispy89

And a Mario Super size figurine from this set:

Posted Image

I had the Mario and the Princess from that set on my wedding cake.

Posted Image