Lanzer

Post Your Latest Real Life Purchase!

Aside from some dubious retcons, you'll love it. Picture and (especially) audio are superb.

I wonder just how many people who are baying for the original, theatrical versions remember exactly just how shitty they looked.

Watch the 70s & 80s "making of" docos on the third extra content disc which still contain the original footage and you'll be clawing at your eyes.

Edited by hectorbustnuts

Posted Image

Kickstarter project got funded this morning. For $25 too!

But wait!

Posted Image

What is in this box of mystery?

Posted Image

Why it's a VERY limited Halo 1 Active Camo Master Chief w Sniper + Assault Rifle

And to make you more jealous:

Posted Image

EDIT: Just now:

Posted Image

Edited by krispy89

Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision Black

Posted Image

Brilliant crisp sound in a cute little fit for the years.

68 Bucks was kinda over the top for me but fuck it. =S

Posted Image

*faps* Edited by Mr.Twinkie

That gear looks expensive Dread ... What is the go with the side mounts is it less drag/better hydrodynamics and or more comfortable.

yeah it is :p, yeah theres less drag, also easier to maintain a nice level position , also lets you go places where u cant with a tank stuck on your back, as sidemount tanks arnt attached in the same way,theres a bungee cord around the neck, and a clip on the base of the tank, this means u can unclip the bottom of one or both tanks and flip them in front of you, or even take them off completely to get through narrow spots (great for wreck/cave diving).Also being seperate, you can take all your gear to the site seperately, awesome over rough ground, or if u have a bad back etc.

For more technical diving its very easy to add extra "stage" tanks onto the side as well,sidemount diving has been round for a long time, but only now starting to become popular in recreational diving, and for me, it was actualy cheaper then a set of rear mounted twin tanks, and lighter, and well suited to where im aiming at diving.

this is a good little vid that shows how they sit, you can see one has them nice and tight, the other a bit loser, each to their own how they prefere them, and exactlly what your doing with them, and also shows them flipped fowards near the end.

Sweet clip , yah I totally get how having the centre of gravity and the pivot point in the same place works, along with all the other benefits its certainly a smart way to go about it.

Have fun Dread

PS: next on the list a camera/vid {:-)

Edited by Waltish

Posted Image

You realise you're just encouraging Lucas to release more and more mildly adjusted and worse versions, right?

I already had HD soft copies of all six flicks. But I'ma sucker for extra content and documentaries, is why I really bought it. Can't see myself watching the films any time soon (seen them a bajillion times)...untill I have a spare 15 hours to kill....I'm more interested in the bonus shit. Edited by twinair

My latest Amazon purchase finally arrived, yay :-) Thrive by Brendan Brazier :-) Very excited and interested to read this delicious little morsel :-)

10 of

Posted Image

Asus VE228H 21.5" monitors. Not for me though, for a customer.

Seems odd ordering so many monitors and nothing else.

Posted Image

Hey Mael nice Mondaine! Do you know if it has the signature movement of the second hand halting for two seconds before advancing the minute hand? Also, if you dont mind, where did you buy it? I've been looking at those for a while.

10 of

Posted Image

Asus VE228H 21.5" monitors. Not for me though, for a customer.

Seems odd ordering so many monitors and nothing else.

And you didn't tell him that he's forgot the computers?!

You fool! He's gonna get home and realise!

Posted Image

You realise you're just encouraging Lucas to release more and more mildly adjusted and worse versions, right?

I already had HD soft copies of all six flicks. But I'ma sucker for extra content and documentaries, is why I really bought it. Can't see myself watching the films any time soon (seen them a bajillion times)...untill I have a spare 15 hours to kill....I'm more interested in the bonus shit.

A mate grabbed them, and we watched them straight through in storyline order. A good 24 hours.

Posted Image

Everyday I'm Shuffing ...

Everyday I'm Shuffing ...

(Cheaper to buy this from Amazon UK + postage from a local store with NO delivery charge)

Edited by Jeruselem

That gear looks expensive Dread ... What is the go with the side mounts is it less drag/better hydrodynamics and or more comfortable.

yeah it is :p, yeah theres less drag, also easier to maintain a nice level position , also lets you go places where u cant with a tank stuck on your back, as sidemount tanks arnt attached in the same way,theres a bungee cord around the neck, and a clip on the base of the tank, this means u can unclip the bottom of one or both tanks and flip them in front of you, or even take them off completely to get through narrow spots (great for wreck/cave diving).Also being seperate, you can take all your gear to the site seperately, awesome over rough ground, or if u have a bad back etc.

For more technical diving its very easy to add extra "stage" tanks onto the side as well,sidemount diving has been round for a long time, but only now starting to become popular in recreational diving, and for me, it was actualy cheaper then a set of rear mounted twin tanks, and lighter, and well suited to where im aiming at diving.

this is a good little vid that shows how they sit, you can see one has them nice and tight, the other a bit loser, each to their own how they prefere them, and exactlly what your doing with them, and also shows them flipped fowards near the end.

Sweet clip , yah I totally get how having the centre of gravity and the pivot point in the same place works, along with all the other benefits its certainly a smart way to go about it.

Have fun Dread

PS: next on the list a camera/vid {:-)

damn right it is :P

Posted Image

That's a dude tucking, isn't it?

I didn't buy this, one of my customers who works for the distributor and had a half dozen sample bottles gave me it when I expressed an interest one though, on the proviso that I reported back:

Posted Image

Apparently it's a "cocktail whiskey", so presumably an inoffensive Canadian Club style blend. I'd never heard of it before and obviously haven't tried it. Will report back, both straight and cocktailed up.

Edited by tantryl

Posted Image

Apparently it's a "cocktail whiskey", so presumably an inoffensive Canadian Club style blend. I'd never heard of it before and obviously haven't tried it. Will report back, both straight and cocktailed up.

I have a bottle. It's got a sweet taste. I like it.

It also makes a cool sound when you open it.

Edited by bushi

I obviously had to own this,

Bluray lotr extended trilogy + 26 hours of extra bullshit stuff =D Something like 13 bluray discs!

Posted Image

Gears of War 3 Xbox + 2 controllers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mucho sexo. Love the glossy paint, though the shell isn't as dark as I'd like - too much red if I was going to be picky. But I'm not! So much quieter than my launch console, which will now be relegated to cupboard/backup duty.

The following beauties should arrive in a week or two.

Posted Image

Audio Technica ATH-W5000 Raffinatos - Complete overkill, but they were under half price, so I had to get them (so much for saving up for a new TV and car)

I obviously had to own this,

Bluray lotr extended trilogy + 26 hours of extra bullshit stuff =D Something like 13 bluray discs!

<BD LOTR EXTENDED>

I heard it was the same features as the DVD set. So if you already had that, all you're really getting is the HD versions of the films. But that'd be worth it anyway, one of the few movie(s) that have the production scale to make it worth it. Pure special effects movies without any good real backgrounds just don't need it (IMO).