Pedro~

"far cry 2 fails to impress" says hard hitting local jurno

The game sucked ass i took it back to eb games and im waiting for call of duty world at war. Far cry 2 is shit

going by metacritic, seems like quite a few people have been really let down..

anyone know if jb hifi has a return policy? lol

going by metacritic, seems like quite a few people have been really let down..

anyone know if jb hifi has a return policy? lol

I dont think so, or I'd be back there asap, not a big fan of FC2.

I guess I agree with the strange amount of damage enemies can take. Especially from the high powered weapons. I dare say a tweak will come out for that.

Yeh, what the fuck is up with that? I remember playing Crysis and emptying a whole clip into some people before they fell over (on the hardest difficulty level) . Sure, if you hit them in the head they fall over pretty quick, but I remember setting my gun to single fire mode and counting how many shots I needed to drop an enemy and at some point I was damn near emptying a clip (read 28 shots fire with 100% accuracy). If I pop you with 28 shots, there shouldn't be enough of you body left to even be recognisable. After three shots, most people should be on the ground, not necessarily dead, or even lethally wounded, but definitely not walking.

i wrote a quick and dirty far cry 2 synopsis based on my game time of around 4-5 hours. so far not impressed and from other sites i read many other people are not either.... fyi the two ?????? instances in the blog are left that way until i fire up the game to confirm EXACTLY the wording they use. but i think most people know what i mean. this will happen once i reboot my pc as i installed the new beta drivers. anyway... i'm trying hard.... to be normal....

at the end of the day, does anyone AGREE with my sentiments ?

Cough, cough. Shooting at cars does not cause them to explode. Period. Standard FMJ bullets, even high caliber ones, cannot cause ignition of petrol, and given that most of the vehicles are jeeps which tend to use diesel, this is even more unlikely. Diesel cannot be easily set on fire, in fact if you drop a lit match into diesel fuel, guess what happens? It is extinguished. It is theoretically possible to ignite petrol using tracer rounds from a long range (say over 50m), however it is extremely unlikely, and as far as I am aware, the game doesn't have tracer rounds.

Is it really that bad to have a game that wants to actually be remotely realistic?

I don't know why so many people are convinced about the magical powers of bullets. Bullets cannot opens locks on doors, bullets cannot set cars on fire, bullets cannot cause a target to fly ten feet back. Bullets are just a little piece of metal (a very, very little piece of metal, like the weight of a coin) moving at relatively high velocity, as in lower than the speed of sound (for most pistols). There is no magic here.

I don't know why so many people are convinced about the magical powers of bullets. Bullets cannot opens locks on doors, bullets cannot set cars on fire, bullets cannot cause a target to fly ten feet back. Bullets are just a little piece of metal (a very, very little piece of metal, like the weight of a coin) moving at relatively high velocity, as in lower than the speed of sound (for most pistols). There is no magic here.

agreed i wish devs would incorporate:

1. force= mass x acceleration

2. Einstein's 3rd law of physics

Thats not entirely correct: A 50 caliber machine gun can -

1. Open doors by blowing the lock (or the door) clean off.

2. It can shot planes out of the sky and even damage less armoured tanks, thus setting vechiles on fire.

3. If will not only make a target fly backward but will also take the limb with the bullet. Or even a head or half a body!

4. These bullets are quite heavy more than a coin and believe it or not its the high velocity of the bullet that makes the mess. there is a force around the bullet that creates an impact much larger than the bullet itsself.

And yea there is no magic, just gunpowder and a heavy trigger finger =D

So keeping all that in mind, why do the Heavy machine guns mounted on the cars in farcry 2 take so long to kill a numb skull on the street with an AK47 and a T-Shirt for protection

So keeping all that in mind, why do the Heavy machine guns mounted on the cars in farcry 2 take so long to kill a numb skull on the street with an AK47 and a T-Shirt for protection

... BECAUSE it's a SHIT Game !!!!!!!

Who cars, its an awesome game

"awesome game" is a title reserved for games like Doom [1][2][3], Quake [1][2][3], Unreal [1][MP], Unreal Tournament [1][2004][3], Hexen [1][DK][2], Heretic, Oblivion, Bioshock, S.T.A.L.K.E.R [1][2], Fallout [1][2][3], Diablo [1][2][3?], Alien vs Predator [2][EXP], Half Life [1][2][EP1][EP2], Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike [All] , ... and many other games that ARE good ...

BUT, ...

NOT games like: Far Cry [1][2], Crysis [All], Halo [1][2][3], Gears of Wars [1][2], Spore [!!!!!!], WOW, EverQuest [1][2], Call Of Duty [All MotherFucking Versions], ... and many other titles too worthless to mension ...

... i think you get point ...

"awesome game" is a title reserved for games like Doom [1][2][3], Quake [1][2][3], Unreal [1][MP], Unreal Tournament [1][2004][3], Hexen [1][DK][2], Heretic, Oblivion, Bioshock, S.T.A.L.K.E.R [1][2], Fallout [1][2][3], Diablo [1][2][3?], Alien vs Predator [2][EXP], Half Life [1][2][EP1][EP2], Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike [All] , ... and many other games that ARE good ...

BUT, ...

NOT games like: Far Cry [1][2], Crysis [All], Halo [1][2][3], Gears of Wars [1][2], Spore [!!!!!!], WOW, EverQuest [1][2], Call Of Duty [All MotherFucking Versions], ... and many other titles too worthless to mension ...

you were doing okay up until that point

BUT, ...

Wow, thank god for individuality.

I actually dislike ALL of the games you think are good and like most of the games you hate. (I agree with all RTS and RPG titles you mention)

Doom 3 sucked arse massively, I didn't even finish it, dont even get me started on stalker..

Call of Duty is THE gaming franchise. All others are measured by it (by ME, when looking to player movement, mechanics and bullet and gun balance and damage). COD4 may be the best MP game of all time, but only played in hardcore mode. If I shoot you in the head, you die. Just like real life. Something about that is extremely satisfying.

If Farcry 2 took the same approach to bullet damage as a Hardcore MP COD4 round, then it would be perfect. I just wanna line up a headshot and watch the enemy drop. the twenty clips it takes lessens the game, but I'm still enjoying it.

We all have different taste, thank god, so saying it sucks is untrue, it just that YOU dont like it..

The first farcry was a great game, i have nothing against it. It was just good old fasioned FPS shoot em up!

BUT, ...

You telling me that the first Far Cry, Crysis, and the Call of Duty games are all worse than Stalker tells me that you have either been drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and have made a simple typo or that . . . actually there can be no other reason because the alternative would be to suggest you have serious issues. So ill stick with the drinkin and typo theory :-P

We all have different taste, thank god, ...

so true ...

..., so saying it sucks is untrue, ...

... neither true nor untrue, as i've made a VERY subjective observation, nor can you make that same statement(!) ...

..., it just that YOU dont like it..

... no, 'not just me' (... it's a statistical certainty ... lol), yes, 'I don't like it'

don't forget guys, this is just a forum designed to collect opinions from individuals, not a blueprint to cure cancer ... - ... it's never personal !

Im actually a little surprised by my own behavior with this game, which is directly due to its mission design and sandbox nature.

With most games.. im compelled to continue from beginning to end consistently over a period of a few days to finish it.

Most games being linear in nature and fast paced.

This is the first time however ive gotten into a game only to felt ive periodically had enough for the moment only to come back and continue later.

Almost like its a choir. I make some progress then forget to save and die..

and couldn't be fukd to rinse repeat. or just find im doing more driving or boating to get to a mission than actually do the damn thing.

This is due to the games repetitiveness with regards to their mission design.

Generally, I already know the deal.

Go to gun stores for missions to unlock more guns ( which are so far, convoys of 1-3 jeeps and a lone truck to blow up)

Go to radio towers for assassinations, which are always one guy with guards protecting him.

Go to Palin or the bar for specific plot driven missions

I think theres more but cant remember

Oh theres unlocking save houses and guard points.

Drive or hop in a boat to get to destination, which quite often is on the opposite side of the map where you picked up the mission.

Then theres always the "stop the green light is flashing.. wheres that bloody diamond.. oh wait.. its up on that cliff i cant get to GAAAHHH!!"

After afew missions, running back and fourth around the palce.. its like "oh wait.. ive passed through here before... 20 times"

50k map... 100k.. it doesn't matter... at some point or another... your already going to have been there.

Unlike say that of crysis.. you have no idea what the next mission will hold... be it goals or map, its a surprise and causes drive to press forward.

With FC2, you know your main goal from the get go.. kill the jackal.., you know your sub goals from the first time run through each one, and the most disappointing.. you see the whole bloody map from the beginning.

Personally I think sandbox games are great... Oblivion was cool.. but.. it hid everything on the map till you revealed it yourself, when you already know the deal from the very beginning.

you loose that drive of discovery and exploration.which is my thing, exploration.

Dont get me wrong, I like the game.. but theres moments where I find boring, "this is slow" and "alot of work", comes to mind.

But hey.. you have to work at a good relationship right.. Why is it "my girlfriend" seems to consistently wants to kill me no matter who's in the car/jeep or where I am..

I know what you mean about games and maps, I think the only RPG game that i have played and had a really good map that even till this day I have never 100% explored was obilivion: elderscrolls 4 because it seemed you could go to each town do the missions and then move onto the next town and each was rich and diverse which always kept me entertained and it even carried through to the city with each district sporting different traits.

i love this game. dont know whats wrong with u ppl!!!! its evolution!!! the fire!!!! the graphics!!! come on!????