GhostFaceKilla

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

If we wanted to invest in a proper domain, I can provide 100mbps hosting. I can also host a dedicated mumble server. As corky pointed out, he's got his vent server setup as it is :)

Slowly getting peoples details lol, as i write this i have 6 poeple who whould be able to login

edit: can login but cant do anything >_<

fkn wtb a full guide on this shit lol

Edited by corky

ok finally got the game.

MillsB0mb is my name. I don't think I will be playing lots but I hope to be playing weekends mainly.

Got it all worked now, did a little experimenting with neat/ghost and silliysam last night

Decided to go back and actually read the other pages in this thread. One thing that stood out was someone saying not to expect GFK, aliali, nex, Jedi, etc to pull all the work; if you want this to work then give some input as well. I also saw posts about another dedicated page/site/forum/etc and logos. So! Two things to show:

First: http://acdc.schmomfort.com/

Posted Image

I like the yellow.

also, banner. 930 wide.

Posted Image

http://i.imgur.com/R6A3h.jpg

can shrink it and add more carbon fibre sides

Edited by Kommando

Decided to go back and actually read the other pages in this thread. One thing that stood out was someone saying not to expect GFK, aliali, nex, Jedi, etc to pull all the work; if you want this to work then give some input as well. I also saw posts about another dedicated page/site/forum/etc and logos. So! Two things to show:

First: http://acdc.schmomfort.com/

Posted Image

I like the yellow.

also, banner. 930 wide.

Posted Image

http://i.imgur.com/R6A3h.jpg

can shrink it and add more carbon fibre sides

Nice work guys. Re the logo 17 - excellent stuff. I know Kommando said he prefers the yellow Atomic logo I am wondering if we should keep that part green in keeping with the official logo colour?

Nice work Kommando. Where would the banner go? Can it go up on the Platoon page in Battlelog somewhere?

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

um hi i would like to join AC-DC? :) thanks in advance

Hi ticmasta and welcome to Atomic :-) Thanks for registering and yes you can join ACDC as you are a nice bloke. Make sure you read the rules about wearing the tags [ACDC] - the biggest of course is to not be a dickhead.

Now - make sure that you do read all the rules about being on the Atomic forums. There is a lot of information here - so if you have any questions please dont be afraid to ask someone, expecially of the mods who are all pretty nice people. If you have any questions about ACDC itself then also dont be afraid to post about it on the platoon page. Ther wil also be some more Platoon leaders coming up soon so they will always be available as wel.

So = go and explore Atomic and the ACDC BF3 Platoon page - and Ill see you on the Battlefield.

Good on ya tic.

GFK (Neat_au)

Huzzah! I found out a way to get rid of that stupid looking yellow (see LinearBurn from earlier post of mine). Make it green and glowing :D A logo's purpose is to represent a group and its ideals, I think what we have now is good as it portrays our Australian heritage, our army purpose, our technological background, our Atomic community and branding:

Posted Image

Could someone please get on this PSD and add "Atomic | Clan Defence | Corps" on the ribbon, since I suck at text?:

AtomicLogoBeta.psd

What I'm not good at is aligning text along paths, etc otherwise I would do it myself in straight lines. The idea is to have the font and alignment close as possible to the actual Australian Army badge:

Posted Image

Regarding the banner, I will put it on the wip site I've set up at http://acdc.schmomfort.com

JediVader, if we hosted a site on your server would you be all right setting up an FTP account for the sub-directory for me? I will only need cPanel/database access for a few things so I shouldn't need login details for those (I will just ask you to do 1 or 2 things). If so, we might host the site on your server since you are willing. It honestly doesn't make a difference in terms of cost if I host it, the only difference is that yours will be faster.

Edited by 17

Bonus! http://acdc.schmomfort.com/ezstats

Had to manually update each user on BF3stats, then manually add each player into this database. I have only entered users in the first post of this thread, who have BF3 usernames beside their Atomic usernames (i.e. nex, sora3, Dan_2, etc were NOT added). Also, the following players seemed to have changed their names, deactivated their accounts or have been banned so I wasn't able to add you sorry:

bushi / squatter

Mr.Twinkie / Twinkle_Me

YPE / dysordex

Despite missing players, I will consider the current 43 players on the list with working names as the clan for below purposes.

Now here are some interesting stats :)

Collectively we have killed over 100,000 enemy soldiers! Good on us, Atomic killing machine :D

We have collectively played a solid, non-stop 3 months and 1 week's worth of Battlefield 3. Dedication!

Sadly, we have actually died more than we have killed, haha...

Our most popular weapon seems to be ye olde M416, being the highest-kill-count weapon for 8 of 43 of us. (Note: Looks like I'm the only one who like the M27 :|)

Medals:

GFK (Neat_au) is the only player with more than twice our average score-per-minute at 570. Average: 257.

GFK is also our most committed member, with 259 logged hours. Median: 41 hours.

Corky (Corkdawg) has the highest kill-death-ratio at 1.67. Average: 0.83

Cold E@rth (Cold_Earth) and Rion (Rickenbacker) are our most accurate shooters. Cold, with 18% accuracy over 157 hours and Rion, with 21% accuracy over 68 hours. Average: 11%

Go Faster (BlitzKraig_au) and alexdtree (31aze) have a kill-death-ratio of 0.98 while tuner (tuner36) has a win-lose-ratio of 1.02, you give-and-take, lose-some-win-some, comes-around-goes-around bums :P

Hall of shame:

No one.

:)

Edit: I'm aware some of you may not fit the whole table on the screen without scrolling. Didn't think of that yet, sorry.

Edited by 17

Wow...

Away for a little while and all this happens.

Looks great.

Going to have a serious read though. At work and skimming...

Nice 17.

My my name is squattter - 3 T's.

Also, I freaking love the M27. Probably my favorite gun so far. (I don't have that many yet though.)

Just trying to work my way up the M249 at the moment.

How up-to-date is that because at current:

K/D Ratio 1.817

on battlelog as a type

edit: the update stats thingy does nothinnng

and i'm wokring on us getting into the positive k/d ratio too lololol

Edited by corky

Basically, how it works is that BF3stats.com updates it's database from Battlelog whenever you manually go to a player's page (I had to do this for all 43 of us). Then, ezstats updates my database from BF3stats database whenever you hit update stats. So You > Battlefield 3 > game server > crazy server EA backend sonar stuff that is black magic to me > Battlelog > BF3stats > ezstats (my page)

I think also if ezstats' database is within 12hours up to date of BF3stats' database, the player won't be refreshed in ezstats.

bushi, you're in now yay! The M27 rocks doesn't it? I honestly don't choose to use any other gun in Support. If I'm American: HELLZ YEAH M27 IAR!! If I'm Russian: Oh well, I'll just bear with the PDW-R for now. I completely ignore the existence of the RPK-74M.

Also, another interesting stats: (this including bushi, so player count = 44)

Best classes:

15 Assault

13 Engineer

10 Support

6 Recon

crazy server EA backend sonar stuff that is black magic to me

that reminds me when the bbc2 backend died in the arse a while back, couldn't check stats outside game for like 2 months

Blah blah blah

Posted Image

blah blah blah

green/yellow logo looks like shit. make it all gold.

i dunno, i just whipped up a banner to replace the "press work, hrml 5 blah" banner on the clan page.

but then that page is white and the banner is dark.

its also very tall for a banner.

meh

M249 > M27

tho the M27 is pretty damn good. needs an extended mag tho.

M240 is awful, M60 is... okay. PKPANCHEKKKKKKKKK, third favorite.

the M249 and M27 are run and gun LMGs, forgrip and holo sight, murderous.

the M60 and PK are better bipodded providing supressive fire.

the M240 should be thrown down a cliff.

Just a short post here to GFK. I sent you a reply pm yesterday, so just in case they're not going through: I've sent 2 PMs. If you can't see any, my reply is: yes/thank you. Hope PM starts working again though :(

Just a short post here to GFK. I sent you a reply pm yesterday, so just in case they're not going through: I've sent 2 PMs. If you can't see any, my reply is: yes/thank you. Hope PM starts working again though :(

all good 17.

I'm going to have a crack at this logo:

Posted Image

Could I get the .psd file?

I've got the green one.

Don't worry, I have it.

Edited by Genders

Hmmm...

Opinions?

Posted Image

There's a line down the left of the image, I'll remove that. The banner on the left is a bit rough on the top compared to the right. I'll try it fill it. I've also removed a few pixels that connected the last pikes to the banners.

The Atomic and Corps don't line up properly.

Edited by Genders

Hmmm...

Opinions?

Posted Image

There's a line down the left of the image, I'll remove that. The banner on the left is a bit rough on the top compared to the right. I'll try it fill it. I've also removed a few pixels that connected the last pikes to the banners.

The Atomic and Corps don't line up properly.

WOW that looks great definately have my vote.

Sorry, really busy today guys so not much input from me. Genders do you have a psd for that with the text still as a separate layer/s? If so, I'll port over the text into a PSD for more flexibility. I'll also stick it into the green one and everyone else can vote/choose which one they like.

My main reason for posting however, is to ask what domain people would like. At the moment nothing is in plan, but please everyone give your ideas for a domain name and check http://domai.nr to see if it's available and if not, for alternatives.

My ideas (that I don't necessarily like) so far:

By the way, we can get .com .com.au .org or .org.au

- atomicwarfare

- acdcbf

- acdcwar

- atomicwar

- atomicsoldiers

- acdcsoldiers

- atomicarmy

- acdcarmy

- atomicbattle

- acdcbattle

I am liking atomicwarfare most and atomicarmy second so far. (atomicwar is taken by the way) I understand with something like "Atomic warfare" we may effectively be elbowing out of the way, other Atomic communities like Call of Duty, World of Tanks, Counter Strike, other war games, etc. To be honest though, I think Battlefield will always be more team-oriented than these franchises and therefore most needing of good communication. Nothing's to say we can't have them all on the one site either.

Post your ideas!

Edit: hey cool the page count is my name

Edited by 17