GhostFaceKilla

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

Hey martyr,

Make sure you apply to join the platoon on the platoon page.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/plato...55240999108777/

C you in game.

Edit: Added link.

Cheers man, clicked the application button last night. Also found out last night i definately need more RAM to get this game running properly. Its a real pain in the ass but looks like i'll be upgrading some more parts this month, might even grab an ssd while i'm at it (thinking OCZ Agility 240gb as they have dropped in price a little).

So I might not be playing too much for the next week or so till parts arrive.

Hi Maytyr,

I haven't see any requests on the battlelog for your request.

Do you have a different name?

I have a similar set up to you, see my sig, I have 6GB RAM and seem to be alright on a Q6600 and Nvidia GTX 560 ti 1GB.

See you in the game!

oh yeah, nice rig Genders. The old Q6600 still going strong :) I was looking at increasing the overclock i've got on it last weekend, might have to have another play around soon.

Thinking of grabbing 4 x corsair 2gb sticks (only cause i've always had corsair and never ever had a problem with it). Figured i'll have to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit in order to make use of the extra ram so probably the best time for me to grab an ssd and make it my boot drive. Its gonna mean alot of dicking around with all my games and shit having to be reinstalled too but oh well ;)

I'm "Penguan" on origin, its been my bf account name since way back. ha ha.

Hey martyr,

Make sure you apply to join the platoon on the platoon page.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/plato...55240999108777/

C you in game.

Edit: Added link.

Cheers man, clicked the application button last night. Also found out last night i definately need more RAM to get this game running properly. Its a real pain in the ass but looks like i'll be upgrading some more parts this month, might even grab an ssd while i'm at it (thinking OCZ Agility 240gb as they have dropped in price a little).

So I might not be playing too much for the next week or so till parts arrive.

Hi Maytyr,

I haven't see any requests on the battlelog for your request.

Do you have a different name?

I have a similar set up to you, see my sig, I have 6GB RAM and seem to be alright on a Q6600 and Nvidia GTX 560 ti 1GB.

See you in the game!

oh yeah, nice rig Genders. The old Q6600 still going strong :) I was looking at increasing the overclock i've got on it last weekend, might have to have another play around soon.

Thinking of grabbing 4 x corsair 2gb sticks (only cause i've always had corsair and never ever had a problem with it). Figured i'll have to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit in order to make use of the extra ram so probably the best time for me to grab an ssd and make it my boot drive. Its gonna mean alot of dicking around with all my games and shit having to be reinstalled too but oh well ;)

I'm "Penguan" on origin, its been my bf account name since way back. ha ha.

Yeah, I think you need 4 gigs at least to run smoothly. And you cant go wrong with an ssd. I couldn't imagine going back to the old spinney disk.

Edit: My bad. Mixed up post was mixed up.

Edited by katalyst

Cheers Katalyst. Yeah, I have about $500 to spend and was looking at i5-2500k + motherboard + RAM and was coming up to over the 500, so I thought "go for bang for buck and get an ssd + more ddr2 ram" - I figure this will probably give me more performance than upgrading to the i5, plus i dont have the adapter for my megahalems to go with the 1155 socket. And in the end if I'm gonna have to reinstall windows to use the extra RAM only wanna do it once, so dont really want to do it on my old mechanical drive.

Sorry for taking the thread off topic with my upgrade stuff. The upgrade really is long overdue but it is only now that I am seeing games not working properly due to my rigs shortcomings. BF3 broke my rig :( lol

Think you added me on the battlelog last night? Will try and jump into yr server if i see you around.

Penguan accepted today

Now:

Two names have been sitting there for a little while and i couldn't work out who they were:

Channelsub0 - Katalyst - one of your mates according to his friends list

GlassPenguin - tickmasta - one of your mates according to his friends list

They weren't listed on the OP so im not sure whether they are registered users here, don't know whether you actually play with them / know them if not ill decline if they are sign them up here at atomic and explain rules if they gonna wear tags

Penguan accepted today

Now:

Two names have been sitting there for a little while and i couldn't work out who they were:

They weren't listed on the OP so im not sure whether they are registered users here, don't know whether you actually play with them / know them if not ill decline if they are sign them up here at atomic and explain rules if they gonna wear tags

Yeah he's a nice guy, I chat with him often, but i'm sure he's not a member here.

I will fill him in on the rules.

BTW. Wtf happened to my last post. I'm sure I saw it go through with text. :(

Edit: Tomfoolery has been rectified.

Edited by katalyst

Penguan accepted today

Now:

Brilliant! Cheers man! I'm still working out a lot of things about battle log etc and vent, I'll have a look into it :)

Will be awesome to own lots of randoms with fellow atomicans.

Penguan accepted today

Now:

Yeah he's a nice guy, I chat with him often, but i'm sure he's not a member here.

I will fill him in on the rules.

BTW. Wtf happened to my last post. I'm sure I saw it go through with text. :(

S'alright mate, I spotted it in amongst the quote :)

Edit: bloody iPad auto spell crap.

Edited by martyr

Penguan accepted today

Now:

Yep I think young tickmasta's friend wanted to join ACDC - i told tic that he has to become a member on Atomic and then post in this thread. When I am on battlelog next I will message tic and remind him and provide links again. Unless his mate has already become a member in the meantime.

hello my name is heavyman65 and i would like to apply to join the clan

No worries. Thanks for going through the process. Welcome to Atomic. Make sure you have a good look around the Atomic site and note the rules. Respect the admins. They are pretty decent. There is a lot here on the forums for you to do and learn about! Feel free to ask questions in the threads.

Make sure you note that there is no cheating/hacking allowed at all in ACDC and if you do you will be expelled. If you have any questions about BF3 you can pm the clan leaders or you can post in these forums as well. We will try and help. You can also post in the platoon wall.

Have fun! Welcome to AC-DC. Wear the tags with pride. Say hi to tic :-)

I just applied to join the platoon :P

My nick is "316comp".

I'm not great, but I try to stick to my squad if they're playing together. Not in it to compete or anything serious....just wouldn't mind seeing some of you guys running around ingame ;)

Edited by justo316

Now ive hit colonel i've been playing less. Syndicate and Deus Ex:HR have been taking some time.

I guess i could do a round or two.

Had a great round. unlocked CITV for MBT and got the MBT service star and associated rewards. 1000 ticket Caspian.

Had a great round. unlocked CITV for MBT and got the MBT service star and associated rewards. 1000 ticket Caspian.

CITV is great for tanks. Just for the fact it adds the third seat. Even if the person driving the tank doesn't have it, you can still get in it. Great for storming a MCOM as the two in the tank can protect while the third arms the MCOM.

Also a mobile SOFLAM as well. I personally think this is better than the SOFLAM and any class can use it.

We're up to 71 members on the BF3 clan. WOOT!

CITV is great for tanks. Just for the fact it adds the third seat. Even if the person driving the tank doesn't have it, you can still get in it. Great for storming a MCOM as the two in the tank can protect while the third arms the MCOM.

Also a mobile SOFLAM as well. I personally think this is better than the SOFLAM and any class can use it.

The only bummer is more than half of them don't come to scrims.

Zing?

The only bummer is more than half of them don't come to scrims.

Zing?

I think attendance would be better if there was a few days notice before scrimmage. Or have we agreed that they will be every Saturday night at 7.30-8.30?

im happy to join the next scimmmage.

havent played for a while due to been busy with uni and stuff (and it plays really slow on my system for some reason)

Edited by jdog

I might grab this game soon; got an email from EA saying I get 25% off my next (first) purchase at Origin, as it's my birthday

Battlefield 3 for $60; worth it?

I might grab this game soon; got an email from EA saying I get 25% off my next (first) purchase at Origin, as it's my birthday

The game is not without it's problems. But I think everyone here would agree, its definitely worth it.

We have agreed on the weekly scrim starting between 7-8pm on Saturday nights, the 'usual's' are on a lot more often then that tho, on the sat nights it's usually we are all on at once.

We need it posted on the platoon page. Maybe add it to the presentation section. Or at least a post on the battlelog platoon page.

Yeah man it's worth it. But, you can find it cheaper other places. Nearly half that price.

We need it posted on the platoon page. Maybe add it to the presentation section. Or at least a post on the battlelog platoon page.

I still stick by this.

And also how about we bring this thread up like 1 or 2 days before Saturday just so more people can see it.

We'll do that for a couple weeks and once we can get a regular crowd coming every week then we can just lie low on the sticky thread.

I think the main problem is that not enough people notice this happening.

I don't know about you but I don't think many people in Battlelog would check their platoon page and whatnot rather than this actual forum.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I've put a note of the scrim on the ACDC platoon page. It will appear on every members home page as an update.

I've put a note of the scrim on the ACDC platoon page. It will appear on every members home page as an update.

You got it babe.