Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
GhostFaceKilla

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

You need a cd key that hasn't been used to make a bf2 account.

Bullshit. I have 3 accounts on my one BF2 game. You do need a different email address for each account though as the BF2 accounts (and the BC2 accounts) are gamespy accounts (for the stats stuff).

Yeah I tried using the cd key to attach it to my account for veteran status and it told me it was already in use.

Also not remembering what gamespy account was used for it, didn't help me much

The EA veteran/accounts/gamespy thing is frankly a damned confused mess.

Ok so to get veteran status you will need an EA account with the same email address as your BF2 or BF2142 player account. If you no longer have access to that email then you will have to log in to EA with that old email address and change your account details. if you cannot remember your password and do not have access to the email address any more then you are totally boned IMO.

For the key in use issue then you need to use the email address and password you used to register the game when you first installed it.

Think I have that right but as I said it is a confusing mess and I managed to luck it out and get it right to get the Garand and vet status.

Pity the game is shit and a waste of money.

Ah just logged in to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com and if I go to the My soldier > veteran section and select BF2 for Vet status it asks me for Gamespy Username and password.

So you would use your BF2 gamespy ID (possibly needs to have the same email address as your EA Account Login). Gamespy email address can be changed once logged in to gamespy at

https://login.gamespyid.com/login.aspx?r

If you don't have access to the email used for the gamespy/bf2 account and can't remember the password then again you are boned, although there is an option to contact gamespy support under the forgot password option.

Edited by aliali

My brother complained to support about not getting his veteran status applied correctly, so they went and enabled veteran for EVERY BF title. When I complained about my 1942 key not working, they enabled BFV as well!

Would love to be involved in this. Playing BF2 with [AC-DC] were good times, good times indeed, but I'm afraid location and time restraints will exclude me from this.

Good luck with the resurrection guys and enjoy...

P.S. I guess I could still rejoin the clan and be a solo representative on public Asiapac servers. I usually play on Jap, HK, China, and Taiwan servers...

Very, very interested here!

Havn't clanned since DC days and that was easily the most fun ive had on a PC.

Ive got some solid hosting going an bit of experience with website/forum setup so would happily offer this up as a place to host the new/revived AC-DC. Also happy to help out with moderation if required.

Massive props to Hawkeye for offering to get some exposure through the mag - fuck yeah!

http://ac-dc.siliconsports.net - looking to transfer over the old content but may just start afresh.

Haven't done much on the theme as I would like input as to what people would like to see on there:

- Squad Roster

- Forums (new, use the old one, or keep our chatter on atomic?)

- Who wants article publishing rights?

What else?

If we could get Atomic to back the clan.....we could get our own sub section on here perhaps?

http://ac-dc.siliconsports.net - looking to transfer over the old content but may just start afresh.

Haven't done much on the theme as I would like input as to what people would like to see on there:

- Squad Roster

- Who wants article publishing rights?

What else?

Sorry have been MIA as work and study just got very hectic and I havent been able to concentrate.

Why not just transfer the old content? Its all part of the history.

Also - David Hollingworth has intimated that Atomic may be able to help a little - though nothing has been discussed. Some kind of official recognition would be could and it is a way to promote the magazine and community which is what we did any way with AC-DC tags. Some official branding on the site would be good.

Good to have a seperate site that people actually have to join (Atomic members) - will come in useful for when we want to discuss tactics and so on. But there will of course be crosss posting.

Having said that it could work to just have a sub forum here as well - but it would only work if some of us had admin rights even just for that sub forum just to keep it focused. We would need some independence from the mag.

And nex - whats with the name Atomic Clan - Defence Corps? ACDC stood for Atomic Clan Desert Combat. I know you kinda wanted to change it a while ago :-) Is this going to be the new name now?

I am happy to write up a blurb discussing some of the background to the clan.

it would also be an oppurtunity to state what the clan is about and a few basic rules of what would be expected of a member. I can draft this and have it done by Friday night. Give me the admin details like for the old site and I could do it myself.

And we do need a logo. We could just adapt a current Millitary one. Or a hybrid one with say the Atomic logo.

We will need to start posting a formal sqaud roster.

And nex - whats with the name Atomic Clan - Defence Corps? ACDC stood for Atomic Clan Desert Combat. I know you kinda wanted to change it a while ago :-) Is this going to be the new name now?

And we do need a logo. We could just adapt a current Millitary one. Or a hybrid one with say the Atomic logo.

name sounds good.

Also something using the Atomic logo in it would work well, but I think we'd need the mags or who ever holds copyright to its permission to actually use it.

name sounds good.

Also something using the Atomic logo in it would work well, but I think we'd need the mags or who ever holds copyright to its permission to actually use it.

yeas we had a discussion ages ago about a name change back in the Bf2 days. No real problem here - the Desert combat points to the history of the clan. Defence Corps works.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE UPDATED THE ORIGINAL POST TO LIST THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO HAVE EXPRESSED AN INTEREST. IF YOU ARE NOT ON THAT LIST PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Have you got ideas for a new logo/design? Then feel free to start desiging something and posting it up for discussion!!

name sounds good.

I am sure the mag would be up for some official assistance. David has very graciously extended such an offer. We are staring to get a bit more organised now and because we do have a number of people who have expressed an interest we can start taking things to the next level. neX and I are very busy but are slowly refocusing. unfortunately im the one thats ben lagging a bit - shit got hectic. neX and I will be touching base im sure over the next couple of days - once this is done then it will be time to talk to David.

having said that - feel free to start desiging something and posting it up - even using aspects of the Atomic logo or something else. Cant guarrantee that it will be used but definetly start giving it a go.

Atomic leads the way!

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

Just playing around.....

Posted Image

colour scheme based some what around the forums

edit: bleh looking at it needs some work imo but yeah.....

Edited by PointZeroOne

I'm keen for joining you guys on launch, probably on a casual basis initially but that could develop into a competitive commitment depending on if I think I can make the cut or not. :P

Ingame name will be either 'moist' or 'moist.au'.

Edited by Brock

Defence Corps was a salute to the ANZAC tradition - as discussed and agreed (from what I could tell) on the old forums. But happy to revert to Desert Combat if that is the consensus.

As for the logo, I was looking at incorporating the army rising sun with the atomic O.

Will try and dig up the old content and see if I can transfer it across - it was mostly BF2 updates and the like from memory nothing really ground breaking for the actual clan as most of that was in the forums.

A blurb would be good for the background and I will refine the theme for the site so that it isn't stock twentyten - a cross pollination of BF3 and atomic is what I have in mind of course.

We can leave it at Defence Corps. Thats fine unless any objections.

I lke the idwa of a rising sun and the stomic logo

PointZeroOne you want to have a fiddle with something like that?

Il have 200 or so words ready by the weekend.

Just playing around.....

Posted Image

colour scheme based some what around the forums

edit: bleh looking at it needs some work imo but yeah.....

good start. See the idea of neX re the rising sun combined with the Atomic logo.

Posted Image

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

good start. See the idea of neX re the rising sun combined with the Atomic logo.

Posted Image

already working on it, also what you've linked to is getting a forbidden msg on it

I'll be interested to play with as a casual, I work away alot so don't anyway have time to scrim but would always like to have a clan to have fun with.

Only played BC2, engi is my fav class, and I like to rush :P

Edit: adding my current stats from bc2, black ops has taken most of my time recently.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Chipps/

Edited by SoaS

Edit: adding my current stats from bc2, black ops has taken most of my time recently.

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Chipps/

o_O what updates that site? It has me as lvl 9

Not sure, i was shown it by a friend, sure your looking at yourself and not someone similar?

think mine is wrong lol http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/AllNightmareLong/#pins

vs

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/AllNightmareLong

Not sure, i was shown it by a friend, sure your looking at yourself and not someone similar?

I know what my username is.

Yeah I found the same thing, that the 2nd site worked fine for me, but the first one didn't.