GhostFaceKilla

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

I'm new to atomic and quite new to fps's (COD:BO is my first and only online fps) and will be getting bf3...please add me to the list

What are the essential differences between COD and BF?

welcome to both the forum and the wonderful world of FPS!

To many differences to list but the main ones are COD=Arcade (think Macca's a quick/light run'gun) Battlefield=sim (3 course meal, sit down and enjoy some srs time kill'n in a Battle-ground enviroment, whether it be be run'gun, via vehicle, sniper etc), BF maps can be massive (multi-stage, mix of both open country and Urban in the one map) large COD maps are small incomparision. Also BF is a game where to be successful u need to be part of a good squad, COD u can pretty much lone wolf it, Vehicles BF has Jets to ATV's which u can drive and kill with with =]

Graphic Engines: COD = nice eye candy, BF/Frostbite = amazing levels of detail, distructable(?) enviroment etc etc.

hope this helps =]

* some will say that COD and BF are "coming together" more as in sharing similar "perks and equip trees"

Edited by dishd

* some will say that COD and BF are "coming together"

(Fingers in ears)LA LA LA LA LA Say it isnt so!

And, Oh Yeah, put me down for some BF3 goodness. I'm well interested!

* some will say that COD and BF are "coming together"

(Fingers in ears)LA LA LA LA LA Say it isnt so!

And, Oh Yeah, put me down for some BF3 goodness. I'm well interested!

haha yer im the same, its just wat some pple saying as they compare the two, esp now that BF will come out on console...

After doing some reading up on the game and watching the E3 footage I definitely have to say I am excited about BF3. I am interested in playing with you guys upon release.

Battlefield=sim

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, thanks for that.

Ur welcome Nuke, mind u if thats the funnest thing u have heard for a while i think u need to get out a bit more ;p,

BF v's COD, BF is more an in-depth game compaired to Kiddy COD, (thou its not an ARMA game, ill choose my words a bit better next time =])

Edited by dishd

so are there going to have any admins for this clan?

Yep. The admins from the old ACDC will be doing the duties on this initially - Myself and Nex and whoever else was adminning then as well. We have started setting up a dedicated website for the clan (you can find the link on the first page of this thread).

As we get closer to the date we will start organising more clearly what we are doing (and yes I am sure that we will need more help). However please feel free to start putting up ideas now as to what type of clan you want.

Oh and we will of course be needing more admins and clan captains and so forth as well - basically people who have some time to actually dedicate to organising things. At the same time this thread is basically going to be a sticky as well for the foreseable future (thanks David) so will be a big part of the clan as well - and of course this thread is moderated by Atomic.

Send us a PM if you have any questions about this.

The four most basic and essential criteria to wear the [AC-DC] tags are:

1. Be a registered member of the Atomic Forums.

2. Post in this thread that you want to be involved.

3. Dont be a dickhead when wearing the tags (you will be removed from the roll call).

4. Say nice things about Atomic when you can.

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

Yep. The admins from the old ACDC will be doing the duties on this initially - Myself and Nex and whoever else was adminning then as well. We have started setting up a dedicated website for the clan (you can find the link on the first page of this thread).

Well the old site at http://at0mic.12.forumer.com/index.php is still up and running, which would save starting a new site, but you do carry over the old crap too. :-)

For those wanting to join take notice of

Oh and we will of course be needing more admins and clan captains and so forth as well - basically people who have some time to actually dedicate to organising things.

A lot of clans fail because people expect to just turn up and have things work without them actually putting anything in to the clan. Don't expect Ghosty and Nex to carry the whole load.

You may also need to donate money on a regular basis to run web sites and/or clan server rentals and/or Vent/TS servers (the last is particularly worth having).

If the clan runs any game nights or joins a ladder then make time to join in and if you say you are available for a scrim/practice then bloody well turn up (also make sure your damn PC and game is working properly at least the day before hand).

I've already stated that I'm ready to be actively involved, both with organisation and the money side of things. I've run several clans before (never anything of this scale though) so I know how alot of things work and I'd really like to be able to dedicate my time to this.

Cheers.

I've already stated that I'm ready to be actively involved, both with organisation and the money side of things. I've run several clans before (never anything of this scale though) so I know how alot of things work and I'd really like to be able to dedicate my time to this.

Cheers.

duly noted nukey :-)

As we get closer to the date we will start organising more clearly what we are doing (and yes I am sure that we will need more help). However please feel free to start putting up ideas now as to what type of clan you want.

Oh and we will of course be needing more admins and clan captains and so forth as well - basically people who have some time to actually dedicate to organising things. At the same time this thread is basically going to be a sticky as well for the foreseable future (thanks David) so will be a big part of the clan as well - and of course this thread is moderated by Atomic.

3. Dont be a dickhead when wearing the tags (you will be removed from the roll call).

If i can help out in anyway, with dollars or help, id be happy to, just let me knw (I Admin on BFBC2 server, used to admin on a couple cs,cs:s servers and have been involved with many clans over the years,cs,cs:s and BF2 etc).

Edited by dishd

I'm abit worried with the being active and ready talk, I work away, usually 3 on 1week off. Can I still participate when I'm available?

I'm abit worried with the being active and ready talk, I work away, usually 3 on 1week off. Can I still participate when I'm available?

Yes. But nothing has really been finalised yet. If we are going to go into a ladder then obviously that will entail some kind of practice and some kind of committment. The point is though that you should be able to contribute only what you can - and then stick to that. There is no point saying "yes I can do that" and then not doing it. If you cant do something that is not a problem. No one is going to expect more than you can give. ACDC will exist to give all members a supportive online prescence - you can ALWAYS pub as well.

If i can help out in anyway, with dollars or help, id be happy to, just let me knw (I Admin on BFBC2 server, used to admin on a couple cs,cs:s servers and have been involved with many clans over the years,cs,cs:s and BF2 etc).

Thanks dishd!!

Edited by GhostFaceKilla

So since we're getting a lot closer to the release, should we start listing what general classes we can do/play? If that's a bit too specific, then probably list out what you generally play the most on the games. Example, I play medic and engineer on TF2 a lot so that'll probably put in the medic/support category?

Also, we might also list if we have mikes or not. That way, we don't find ourselves in a server where a squad leader can't direct without a mike...

So since we're getting a lot closer to the release, should we start listing what general classes we can do/play? If that's a bit too specific, then probably list out what you generally play the most on the games. Example, I play medic and engineer on TF2 a lot so that'll probably put in the medic/support category?

Also, we might also list if we have mikes or not. That way, we don't find ourselves in a server where a squad leader can't direct without a mike...

Sounds like a good idea, i mainly play, engi/recon/support (BF2/BFBC2) and im a pilot as well. I have a Mike, with both TS3 and Vent.

I enjoy being engi or medic mosly I think. Mainly engi.

I'm pretty good at flying black hawks, and I have a mic.

I play recon/assault and i dont have a mic atm.

Edited by Brissmas

I usually play support classes, I'm pretty good at adapting to whatever my team needs me to do.

No Idea if I can fly or not, the flying in BC2 felt heaps different to BF2 and I have no idea if I'll be any good at flying in BF3.

I have a mic aswell.

Might be an idea to organise a 50 player vent server, considering the size of our list.

I'm in, I can commit and help in lots of ways and i have plenty of clan experience. I'm looking for a more competitive role rather than social my name for just about everything is Acintai. This game is the one game i plan to use on my future bulldozer based build. :)

Oh and the way I generally play is straightforward assault/Rambo.

Edited by Acintai

Might be an idea to organise a 50 player vent server, considering the size of our list.

What about teamspeak?

Is vent better or something? Sorry i don't know.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie