GhostFaceKilla

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

I dunno actually. I like vent, seems to be what most people use these days, haven't used Teamspeak for years but some people say its better than vent.

I dunno actually. I like vent, seems to be what most people use these days, haven't used Teamspeak for years but some people say its better than vent.

My vote is for TeamSpeak 3, srsly Vent compaired to TS3 (in sound quality and function settings, etc) is like compairing a worn out cassette tape v's a high quality CD, i use both, and TS shits on Vent from a very high place. but thats just my .2 and im happy to use either..

Edited by dishd

I haven't used TS since about 2006, as I said, I'm happy with either, just that vent seems more popular with the FPS community.

I use Xfire and it's fine for the majority of the time. I have no qualms with going with Vent or TS.

cbf looking at what people said, I'm in, although I'm part of a clan atm, bTd so I'll need to sort that out :)

I go engi mostly in BC2, put me in a tank and I'm happy. As for flying, Penguan doesn't fly very well...

That said, i was more of a 2142 player back in the day and went medic/assualt more often than not. Put me down as an all rounder, except for flying.

Edited by martyr

As far as the classes etc ive always been a bit of a hybrid though would typically find myself as AA/Spec Ops.

Its weird being away from the clan scene for song long, just the thought of being back on the comms in the Battlefield is pretty damned exciting ;)

To those guys currently running the AD-DC web assets: think youll need hosting help going forward as id be happy to offer up some unused resources. How about a sexy domain to run everything through? Was thinking acdc.co would be awesome but looks like some GoDaddy bot has it already.

Im a little bit worried about how my E6600/4GB RAM/HD 6890 is going to hold up... been putting off upgrading for so long but I just dont think ill be able to get away with it any longer!

Im a little bit worried about how my E6600/4GB RAM/HD 6890 is going to hold up... been putting off upgrading for so long but I just dont think ill be able to get away with it any longer!

Going on what I have read the 4Gb ram and HD 6890 should be adequate.

The Core 2 may need updating though but I would hold off till the game is actually out and you can see for yourself what is bottlenecking in game.

In my experience with BC2 you want a ~4ghz dual core, I can't see BF3 being any more optimised than that, probably need quad as a minimum just because of the extra destruction, which I'm guessing you wont be able to tone down in multi.

Really want to put together the system mentioned here:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/07...ng-coverage.ars

Im sure that would have no problems running this or anything else for the foreseeable future!

The Rig: Velocity Micro Edge Z55

Intel® Core i7 2600k processor, Hyperclocked

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Rev2 CPU Heatsink

Patriot 8GB 1600Mhz PXD38G1600LLK Memory

Asus P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard

Corsair Professional Series HX1050 Power Supply

Bigfoot Networks KillerNIC K2100

EVGA GTX 580 1536 MB 015-P3-1580-AR

Patriot 2 x 120GB Wildfire SATAIII SSD PW120GS25SSDR in RAID 0

Hitachi 1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive for Storage

LG UH12LS28 BDROM/DVDRW

Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

To those guys currently running the AD-DC web assets: think youll need hosting help going forward as id be happy to offer up some unused resources. How about a sexy domain to run everything through? Was thinking acdc.co would be awesome but looks like some GoDaddy bot has it already.

Thanks - ac-dc.silisonsports.net is on my VPS - so its free hosting (in that I pay for it already and happy to host it) and I have full control over the site capabilities. No need to re-invent the wheel at this stage.

Yeah put mine in last week.

Might as well since it's pretty much been confirmed Steam is a no go.

I'd rather have a physical copy of this game anyway.

Yeah me too.

Gonna go get it from ozgameshop.com. Hope they're trustworthy as they say.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Yeah I got a game from them a couple of months ago.

Arrived about a week later, so I can say that they seem pretty good.

Yeah me too.

Gonna go get it from ozgameshop.com. Hope they're trustworthy as they say.

You'll have to wait a week or two to get your hands on the game though

I would be interested in being part of the clan, I haven't played much multiplayer before as I found the public servers I visited full of fuktards.

I usually play the assualt roles but would be willing to help our where needed.

So using the battlelog you can setup your clan tag. I just tried to put in AC-DC and it didn't have enough character spaces. Limit is 4 characters!

ACDC might have to do for now then, atleast it shows it as [ACDC]Acintai

edit: doesnt look as good huh..

Edited by Acintai