Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

What are KRONE patch cables called?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

The new krone panel appears to be a HIGHBAND, which allows patch by exception and what not.


Thing bugging us all is what the HELL the cables are called?

More specifically, the OLDER cables, which are simply a wide clip-on CAT5 cable with exposed vertical 'blade' type pins.


One of the guys calls them 'Fly leads' (very generic term), I call them patch cables (vague, but all encompasing), and one person had been told 'biscuit connectors' (which is actually something; i'd never heard of them!).


What are they actually? What came before the highband in terms of exposed wire, wide connector patching technology :P


What SHOULD we all be calling it?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this