Sign in to follow this  
neX

[PC] Team Fortress 2 Trading

it's gambling... the chance of getting an unusual makes people crazy

Got one of those Rift hat codes, so anyone who plays Rift and wants to trade, let me know. I've updated my list too, on page 1.

[edit] just found out it's not tradeable. God dammit!

Edited by Mademan

Got one of those Rift hat codes, so anyone who plays Rift and wants to trade, let me know. I've updated my list too, on page 1.

[edit] just found out it's not tradeable. God dammit!

it's not trade-able, but the code itself isn't linked to your account either, you can give anyone the code, and they can apply it to their Rift account. massive thread on SPUF for that very purpose.

You lot do realise you can sell these "Unusual" hats for upwards of $100AUD on special hat selling sites?

I shit you not, and I'm hoping to do it as soon as I get my first couple of unusuals.

This game could replace your day-job!

With less than a 1% chance of getting an unusual hat from crates that you have to buy keys for? Good luck getting a healthy cash flow.

Some guy on SPUF did the calculations on key buying for the chance of getting the one particular unusual hat and effect that you want. probably be close to $1,000,000 given the number of combinations of hats and effects and the chance of doubling up.

I'd be happy uncrating any unusual pyro hat with any effect.

With less than a 1% chance of getting an unusual hat from crates that you have to buy keys for? Good luck getting a healthy cash flow.

Buying keys is for suckers.

Use what you have already from idling, craft and horde and trade as much as you can. I have a mate helping out who idles non stop til he hits his cap-limit and he gives me heaps of weapons, I currently have about 16 refined metal and will start buying vintage hats.

When I have around 6-7 vintage hats, I'll look into trading a low-tier unusual and work my way up from there.

I have five accounts for idling - but I want a full hat collection for myself - 70+ unique hats so far. Its definitely doable with refined metal to get some cash return but its like the stock market and those really unusual hats with sunbeams are extremely hard to come by.

I gave a bunch of crap hats to my brother, no-one wanted to trade them 1:1. Having Vintage quality is a bug bear for me too.

I want to trade for a pyro hat (of any quality), so I offer up a non-vintage hat, and they refuse to trade any further.

I even crafted the original polycount set hats, and found that no-one would trade 1:1 for them either.

I have had 1:3 trades for vintage hats mostly 1:2 hence the sudden increase in the number of hats I have. It just depends on who you are trading with and how much they want your hat :p

Shogun Items are dropping and random chance crafts, or buy the damn game as usual.

Seems to be a few ppl with the items (non tradeable so far) within an hour of going live.

As usual I just crafted all my junk into metal. So I cant even try to craft tokens and what not.

It seems pretty useless to me actually smadge, 65hp will see anything kill you instantly, except a scout from 20m+

Interesting additions though, the amount of pub noobs running around with the honour bound sword wondering why they can't change classes has been hilarious.

I have a Scout's Bombing Run (Level 20) available for trade.

I also have received some of the weapons in the Shogun promo as well. Connivers Kunia (x2), The Fan O'War and the Half-Zatoichi - will be interesting to see if my Random Hat Crafting Sunday craft will yield a Shogun Hat.

At least you don't have to buy Shogun 2 for the items.

^ This really annoyed me dude because as most items drop for me (just not hats : P) I don't ever have a need to craft new weapons (I have multiples of all the new ones for instance) but the vintage versions must be worth heaps

Yeah same - I dont craft weapons either. I am just hoping hats are cheaper to craft, but unlikely.

Updated the OP with my current set of hats up for trade - The Heavy Duty Rag, Noble Amassment of Hats, The Bombing Run, Tyrant's Helm and Backbiter's Billycock (with Giftwrap).

The question I've been dying to ask neX. Did you buy the $100 donation hat?

I bought the $7.50 hat, would never pay for a virtual item, but hey, it's a donation to the Japanese Red Cross anyhow :)

dang valve

I posted in SPUF the day of the Japanese EQ, and said they ought to arrange something charitable. And they announced some special items for sale for charity until the 6th April. But my next pay day is the 7th April. I haven't got any spare cash until then...

I am considering the donation - have a couple of days to decide. It would be all hats or nothing I think...

Any trades for my latest batch of hats?