neX

[ALL] Homefront

I don't think I have bought an FPS in the past 3 years for the single player campaign.

I don't think it will fail, for a few reasons:

Firstly, Its running on the UT3 engine, meaning that just about anyone with a computer built for gaming in the last 3 or so years will be able to play it at a decent clip on atleast probably medium or so settings.

Secondly, they're running one of the best PR campaigns for a game that I have seen in a long long time, its hard to not be excited about the release of this game, even if you know fuck all about it (like I do :P)

And last, they're a good studio and their roots are on the PC, I'm 90% sure a lot of these guys are Ex-DICE employees who did the Desert Combat mod and worked on BF2, 2 of the most highly celebrated Multiplayer games (well, game and mod) of the last decade.

Sorry boss, Once in a while an annoying thought comes into my mind and that's called what if. I'm sure you have point, I will probably get this game. I really hope this fascinating campaign wont end in just 5 hours....

I wasn't saying you were wrong mate, just pointing out a few reasons why I don't think it will fail (as a pc title)

People stopping online play after a few weeks/months whatever isn't a failed game, assuming a shitload of people buy it, which I think will happen.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, it could be a shit game, but it won't fail assuming they make a heap of sales and going by THQs pre-order figures (they havent released actual numbers) it is going to sell very well. And that is the point of their whole PR campaign, it could be the worst game in history, but again, they're going to make people want to buy it and pre-order it.

The COD games are decidedly average (especially black ops) but it still sold more copies than any other game last year, in a 2-3 month period. So shit game != fail.

Edited by nukejockey

The COD games are decidedly average (especially black ops) but it still sold more copies than any other game last year, in a 2-3 month period. So shit game != fail.

What are you talking about? COD is probably the best "vanilla" FPS there is.

That's a matter of opinion. I personally believe BF shits on CoD in every way.

COD 2 was awesome.

But yeah nothing beats BF

if you like to just spam everyone then yea it has become that way, its more of an arcade game now than actual shooter though.

COD 2 was awesome.

But yeah nothing beats BF

BF is just such a richer experience than COD. Thats all i can say.

I've easily put more hours into CoD than BF, but that's not to say one is better than the other.

They're totally different games.

Don't let the genre be your guide.

Try comparing apples with apples.

I've easily put more hours into CoD than BF, but that's not to say one is better than the other.

They're totally different games.

Don't let the genre be your guide.

Try comparing apples with apples.

likewise I have put like 5000hours into cod4, 220 into MW2 and 10 into BO (cause its shit)

compared to BC2 (my only BF game) I have put 220 hours into it but its a much better game than Mw2 and BO although I'd rate it equally to COD4 since that was IMO the best of the COD games.

Homefront: Lemony Orange.

so homefronts got a fruity flavour?

No Hardcore mode is, disappointing.

I've loved HUD-less games ever since the Infiltration mod for UT.

HUD wasn't even an option.

It irks me, seeing how much ammunition is left in the clip on the screen.

It irks me, knowing how many HP I have left.

It irks me, seeing visual feedback on the HUD when I hit the target and damage it.

What I hate the most, is if it has a minimap, that shows enemy contacts on it.

Or when you kill someone, they get to watch you till they respawn.

Ick.

Or modded into the game if Kaos studios allow mods.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just found this timeline on the wiki explaining how Korea take over America in this fictional future.

* 2011: North Korea faces another UN sanction over its latest nuclear test.

* 2012: Kim Jong-il passes away, he is succeeded by his son Kim Jong-un.

* 2013: Kim Jong-un is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize and featured on the cover of Time Magazine for his accomplishment of Korean reunification.

* 2014: American military withdraws from the Korean Peninsula. General Motors declares bankruptcy for the second time.

* 2015: The effects of peak oil are felt as gas prices reach up to 20 dollars a gallon due to a war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. Russia cuts off all oil trade with Europe. Survivalist literature become bestsellers in America. China's influences diminish.

* 2016: America withdraws its military from Japan and other countries overseas, focusing on its instability back home. Texas splits from the United States, border bloodshed takes place as refugees from other states attempt to enter Texas.

* 2017: Martial law is declared in the United States as its infrastructure crumbles due to financial deficiencies.

* 2018: After the destruction of one its nuclear facilities by Korean special forces, Japan surrenders to the Greater Korean Republic and is capitalized into a vassal state.

* 2019: The UN goes out of commission.

* 2020: Canada closes its borders to Americans. The US military takes over the functions of many emergency services, as well as the distribution of basic goods. This causes many Americans to abandon the suburbs in exchange of the military-managed urban centers.

* 2021: Korean forces succeed in annexing many countries in Southeast Asia. A new pandemic known as the Knoxville Cough begins to spread in the United States.

* 2022: To prevent the contagion of the Knoxville Cough, Mexico closes its borders to Americans. Hyperinflation pushes the US dollar to the edge of collapse.

* 2023: The Knoxville Cough ravages the American public. The Korean People's Army reaches 20 million total personnel.

* 2024: Using the captured M-V rockets at the Uchinoura Space Center, Kim Jong-un announces a new space satellite program, under the pretense of replacing the decaying GPS system, which America could no longer afford to maintain.

* 2025: A thermonuclear device is detonated by one of the Korean satellites 300 miles above Kansas, blanketing America with a EMP that wipes out its power grid and most of the electronics above ground. The US infrastructure is virtually in ruins. This is followed by the Korean seizure of Hawaii and landings in San Francisco. Korean paratroopers are dropped into central United States. The economic downfall in Europe prevents its nations from intervening.

* 2026: The United States is split into two as the KPA irradiate the entire Mississippi River, as a fortification for their control of the western side.

* 2027: The United States Armed Forces are completely scattered.

Edited by nukejockey

explaining how Korea take over America in this fictional future.

Interesting series of events and rather plausible as well I'd say

Yeah. I mean, anyone that wants to diss it can go read the skeptics view of the "fiction" of WWII.

I particularly like the fact that they seem to be treating EMP in a plausible manner. Massive AOE, requiring a huge detonation, but permanently crippling power systems through induction. If it's not in a faraday cage, it's dead.

WWII was unrealistic, and badly scripted

Edited by TinBane

Or modded into the game if Kaos studios allow mods.

I'm going to be playing on console so mods wont help me much. I'd say if they release hardcore dlc for consoles they will for pc also. Timeline was interesting, got my enthusiasm up a little.

The plot sounds shite but the game might be good.

No offence, but I wont be relying on the Atomic review. Been way too much advertising/hype around here.