fr3nzystrikesback

New car?! Post about it on atomic!

I can park a big RWD sedan easier than a FWD car with it's larger turning circle.

P.S. Well said Waltish.

Even with the bigger turning circle eveln's Pulsar gets into smaller spaces , some of which I could get the Futura into, but I would not be able to open the doors far enough to get out of the car.

That said its not a big enough issue to make me opt for a smaller car.

eveln loves her Pulsar, and I have had some good arse dragger fun in it too, but it just does not suit my size ( I feel like Magilla Gorilla in it ) or my driving aesthetic .

Posted Image

There's recalls all the time, you only hear about the major ones (numerically) or the ones that are major safety issues.

Daewoo once had one where potentially the front brake lines could be rubbed through due to incorrect mounting and parts used. And the ironic thing about it was that the letter was sent out, yet the dealers had a shortage of the parts needed to do the fix.

Every car maker has had a recall of some sort. Don't bother trying to slag off a local because they've had a few.

And you'll usually notice that they are picked up upon fairly quickly, unlike some overseas cars that have recalls that are backdated years before.

the circlip problem affected 8k BA's as far as we where told by the manager (which doesnt sound like a small number to me, even if a few hundred thousand where made),

What circlip are you talking about? I work on these things quite regularly, and have nfi what you're on about. I just find it hard to believe that a "circlip" stops the rear end from falling out...

I'm thinking you may be talking about something to do with the handbrake? I know those things are shitty... think customer car parked on a very slight incline, handbrake on, gear selector in 'N' and drivers door open... And right next to a big ass pillar.

Just read this.

What are the defects?

Dana Australia has advised that the inner CV joints of the IRS half shafts fitted to certain BA 16 sedan models may have been assembled without a retaining circlip. This may allow the half shafts to move away from the inner CV joint and become disengaged.

Still... find it hard for the whole rear suspension to fall out...

Edited by mattym

Besides the fact it's an Australian product that we should all be proud of. It's an honest car... but it's also a modders dream as it's the basis for an awesome sports car. And has one of the best engines fitted to a production sedan.

I never said they were bad just they are not as good as some european cars, for the price though I'd consider one if I ever needed a company car cause I don't like the look of commodores but I love with my Navara, such a great 4wd and worktruck. Edited by nesquick

Besides the fact it's an Australian product that we should all be proud of. It's an honest car... but it's also a modders dream as it's the basis for an awesome sports car. And has one of the best engines fitted to a production sedan.

I never said they were bad just they are not as good as some european cars, for the price though I'd consider one if I ever needed a company car cause I don't like the look of commodores but I love with my Navara, such a great 4wd and worktruck.

Don't buy a Mercedes Benz van or truck. MB don't give a shit how bad they are. Check the governments recall website.

What are the defects?

Dana Australia has advised that the inner CV joints of the IRS half shafts fitted to certain BA 16 sedan models may have been assembled without a retaining circlip. This may allow the half shafts to move away from the inner CV joint and become disengaged.

Still... find it hard for the whole rear suspension to fall out...

The whole rear suspension can't fall out... but I believe the suspension rods can become detached, under extreme acceleration and braking apparently.

Don't buy a Mercedes Benz van or truck. MB don't give a shit how bad they are. Check the governments recall website.

we are talking about benz's now?

Congrats on buying your first car on your L's!

When i was on my L's, P's and even on my first couple years on my golds, I was still driving my mum's Corolla, until some bastard crashed into while it was parked on the street.

Now I've got a Skyline.

Its a "hey I got a car thread" , These threads always end up covering a lot of ground.

Given the difference owning a car makes to ones mobility and lifestyle, plus the level of engagement in driving one, its no surprise that ones car is often a cherished object.

Consequently the subject of which or what car, becomes a personal and subjective topic.

No bad in that, its just how it is... In my "Hey I got a Car" thread we covered some of the servicing aspects of the Falcon, as well as the usual comparisons to other makes and models, its all good discussion.

We do have to keep in mind that, a car being the kind of material possession that involves integration with the control's, to a degree one could class as almost intimate, subsequently ones choice of car is a very personal and subjective thing .... there is no empirically correct car for every one.

Here is the bit where I make a cheesy quote ... " To each their own. :) "

Edited by Waltish

Its a "hey I got a car thread" , These threads always end up covering a lot of ground.

Given the difference owning a car makes to ones mobility and lifestyle, plus the level of engagement in driving one, its no surprise that ones car is often a cherished object.

Consequently the subject of which or what car, becomes a personal and subjective topic.

No bad in that, its just how it is... In my "Hey I got a Car" thread we covered some of the servicing aspects of the Falcon, as well as the usual comparisons to other makes and models, its all good discussion.

We do have to keep in mind, that a car being the kind of material possession that involves, integration with the control's, to a degree one could class as almost intimate, ones choice of car is a very personal and subjective thing .... there is no empirically correct car for every one.

Here is the bit where I make a cheesy quote ... " To each their own. :) "

I love my car but I don't go and tell people who don't need work utes to go buy one purely cause I own one for example and I will openly tell people problems I have with certain things like cause its a dual cab you almost have to saw the legs off whoever gets in the back or that unloaded the ride is rough as guts but you get that sort of stuff with any ute, if someone asks me whats a good car to buy I ask what its going to be used for, budget and if its going to be used for recreational purposes as well I wouldn't just say go and buy a falcon cause I think they are awesome.

..... I wouldn't just say go and buy a falcon cause I think they are awesome.

Edited by SceptreCore

I opened this thread expecting to see pictures of some shit clapped out fag-core rice burning heap of japanese metal.

I was suprised to see a sensible car which will take you from a to b and the weekend c respectibly with minimum penis shrinkage and fuel cost.

kudos to you fr3nzy

10XF

i wouldnt mind this:

a black auto 1967 ford mustang coupe..

Posted Image

but im about 60 hours left before i go onto my P's..

and its auto too! but a little dear a $23k for a first car...

@OP nice car!

Edited by jdog

jdog. We've already talked to you about this.

this is going to awsome once its done....

ive always wondered if its possiable to change a old car (say a 76 mustang) into auto transmission? if so then ive found my car for when i get my P-plates...

screw 2000's cars...i wanna go old school...

If you're going to own a car like that, learn manual. Or else don't bother.

Yep manual or nothing, imagine how crazy it would sound to people saying "you got a mustang... but its an auto" it'd be like saying you got a non turbo skyline people would just laugh at you.

Yep manual or nothing, imagine how crazy it would sound to people saying "you got a mustang... but its an auto" it'd be like saying you got a non turbo skyline people would just laugh at you.

Exactly... it'd be like saying. "I was tossing up between a BMW 1 series or a Kia Optima... I got the Optima."

i bought a vt wagon berlina because it has climate control auto air steer power seats power mirrors and its a v8 my wife still says its a old mans car but i dont care.

when you drive a road ranger all day you cant be bothered driving a manual everywhere else and i like my comfort.

mine has a full exhaust and is getting a lower ratio lsd diff built for it atm.

later on i will build a motor for it but will still look bog stock and wont attract attention thats how i like it.

ive had fast, lowered cars for 10 years and now comfort comes first.

everyone is different though i still love old school cars and bikes but not as a daily driver.

Exactly... it'd be like saying. "I was tossing up between a BMW 1 series or a Kia Optima... I got the Optima."

Problem is in QLD (where jdog is as far as I know) there are really tight restrictions on red P platters ie:

-no V8's

-no turbo cars (bar like 3 1100cc ones)

-nothing over 200kw

-plus a couple of other stupid rules that don't save lives

Problem is in QLD (where jdog is as far as I know) there are really tight restrictions on red P platters ie:

-no V8's

-nothing over 200kw

It's the people that choose to live there. After generations of inbreeding and flood water in their ears.

Here in WA... you can still be a P-plater and drive an SS commodore, an FPV F6... or even a 911 GT2

Edited by SceptreCore

-no V8's

-nothing over 200kw

that is true so pretty much i have to drive a standard boring car untill i get my open licence.

the only turbos i think you can have is on diesels which i guess is ok because some need it.

that crazy in WA...i might have to move over there...:P

Edited by jdog

They may be stupid but im pretty sure they don't stop people from using cars for which they were intended which is getting people from one place to another safely.

Well, here is what im driving now:

Posted Image

Ill take your pulsar SSS over my excel anyday :)

Mine needs abit of panel work, to make it look more respectable, it was given to me in this condition (for free!!!1!! /win) lol, not a little bad car for a A to B runabout while

im studing fulltime, althou i miss my old vn commodore, I should of never sold it :(

this is what it use to look like:

Posted Image

now its just a wrecked shell sitting in someones back yard in coober pedy :(