Sign in to follow this  
philo-sofa

ASUS Unveils Several Additional ROG Awesomenesses

Full credit to lvl10 from on3 forums for bringing this up, but basically ASUS have been quite busy of late, premiering the ROG Rampage III Black Edition mobo, the G74Sx #D gaming notebook, ROG MATRIX GTX 580, VG278H 27" 120Hz monitor, RT-N66U Dual-band Wireless-N Gigabit Router and an ROG Vulcan-ANC Gaming Headset.

Hardwarecanucks copypasta of ASUS' press release.

Posted Image

Personally I'm centering on the VG278H, a 27" 120Hz LED backlit monitor? Even @ 1920 x 1080, do want.

Love the look of the headphones, wonder if they actually perform well?

And how much extra you pay for them to be ROG :P

I like ROG as a concept but i dont think i would buy any of it other than the iphone overclock feature on there mobo's, plus there boards are black lol

That monitor looks alright! Hopefully its not as painfully expensive as the last 120Hz LCD Asus made. Though Im sure that ROG tag inflates the price at least a little bit :P

Man as soon as Dell releases a 27" 120hhz monitor that does the same res as my 2711 I'll be buying it straight away.

Much to the dislike of my girlfriend.

wait, a gaming ROUTER?!?!

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!

Dude it has ROG written on it. It must make me play better.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!

hehe.

My cousins believed that an upgrade to a razer mouse, above their M$ one would make them game a lot better.

lulz ensured.

Man as soon as Dell releases a 27" 120hhz monitor that does the same res as my 2711 I'll be buying it straight away.

Much to the dislike of my girlfriend.

Mmmm - 2560x1440, 120Hz, LED Backlit, low input lag monitor = a major goal in life for me too.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!

hehe.

My cousins believed that an upgrade to a razer mouse, above their M$ one would make them game a lot better.

lulz ensured.

Hey it has 1GB of memory, it could lower lag by literally a few milliseconds! I guess it'd be charitable to wait for a review but it does seem unlikely to be a major departure from the norm lol :) I am surprised that your cousins didn't find a (good presumably) Razer over a (stock I'd guess?) MS to be a significant improvement tho?

There's market for a gaming router out there. What you want is a router with a nice QoS configuration interface, and a nice fast QoS implementation.

Is the ROG router going to have that? Who knows, probably not.

There's market for a gaming router out there. What you want is a router with a nice QoS configuration interface, and a nice fast QoS implementation.

Is the ROG router going to have that? Who knows, probably not.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I've seen some QOS configs that recognise game traffic ie: Cod4 or CS.

That's a very, very good point. I still run a separate connection (to the tune of $100 per month); I'd be happy to pay for a router with good QoS implementation.

That's a very, very good point. I still run a separate connection (to the tune of $100 per month); I'd be happy to pay for a router with good QoS implementation.

I know Dlink and netgear do this already. (Not that it works very well especially wjem you have 4 housemates that torrent.

Stupid ROG rubbish to get idiots to dupe cash on it.

Lose it. Like there's a market for AMD CPUs for people like you, there's ROG for people like Maxishine. :D

Lose it. Like there's a market for AMD CPUs for people like you, there's ROG for people like Maxishine. :D

People who buy AMD CPU's are called consumers.

Yeah, who cares about the capabilities - it's the name that counts!

Yeah, who cares about the capabilities - it's the name that counts!

Gaming router has to be the funniest. Why wouldn't you just lay down cash on a cisco if you want the ultimate in everything?

I can't say I've been impressed with Cisco's QoS' before (have had a few). I agree that a some RoG stuff was historically a bit of a rip, but some of it's pretty damn good, no?