komuso

Scary earthquake?

Apparently the building that exploded was a light water reactor.

3:36pm, March 12, 2011.

Fukushima No 1 explodes in a cloud of radioactive dust. Immediately a 10km exclusion zone is set up by Japanese military. No one is allowed in or out of the exclusion zone including journalists. Gunfire has been reported.

4:45pm, March 12, 2011.

Reports are emerging that Japanese military have shot and killed several Journalists and civilians at road blocks surrounding the exclusion zone. No word on if the civilians were trying to enter or leave the exclusion zone.

Japanese prime minister Naoto Kan has denied reports of the shootings and states the military presence is for evacuation assistance only and that radiation levels are normal.

10:05pm, March 12, 2011.

Strange lights can be seen from within the exclusion zone caused by what appears to be what appears to be low altitude electrical storms, the cause is as yet unknown.

2:21am, March 13, 2011.

US Naval forces are moving in off the coast of Japan. The US released a statement demanding access to the exclusion zone for 'humanitarian aid' purposes. A response from the Japanese Prime Minister has warned the

US that entering the exclusion zone would be considered an act of war.

8:45am, March 14, 2011.

Biological remains have been found by civilians neighboring the exclusion zone. The animal appears to have been shot several times, no pictures were taken however one eye witness said "They (The remains) were unlike anything I have seen before" and "it was like a large mutated dog".

Since this discovery Japanese authorities have began moving the road blocks expanding the exclusion zone to 15km. Meanwhile US Naval forces remain stationed off the east coast of Japan with no word yet on the stand off.

- GSC NEWS

Now that was good.

Apparently the building that exploded was a light water reactor.

I sincerely hope not. With any "luck" it was a cooling station, but that's still pretty horrible.

At this point I can definitely say that my fingers are crossed for the Japanese people, especially those near the plant.

Rob.

Edited by robzy

Closer look.

EDIT: Twitter users reporting that evacuation zone has been increased to 20km.

Edited by Jedi_Vader20

Apparently reactors have been safely shut down

Lies. Nuclear is the spawn of pure evil, thus any damage to a reactor must cause irreparable damage to everyone within a bazillion miles of its location.

I thought the fission reaction in a light water reactor was supposed to discontiunue in the absence of coolant, making meltdown impossible...?

I thought the fission reaction in a light water reactor was supposed to discontiunue in the absence of coolant, making meltdown impossible...?

It stops the reaction, but not before heating up to extreme levels. Regardless, any leakage due to core damage will end up in the surrounding containment building.

Nice folks that are concerned about Japanese people. Sigh, I didn't know that we are still in 1941 *cough*

Posted Image

As long as they are able to manage the pressure correctly, which in this case was hampered by a faulty valve

Nice folks that are concerned about Japanese people. Sigh, I didn't know that we are still in 1941 *cough*

< pearl harbour trashy comments >

So following that logic...all the shit that the USofA is in, is down to the bombings over Hiroshima and Nagasaki...cool

/ karma's certainly a bitch yeah.

Edited by eveln

One American living in California has just been killed by the tsunami waves.

FUCK NOW IT'S A REALLY SERIOUS TRAGEDY!!!

Sounds like they need to declare war on the sea.

So following that logic...all the shit that the USofA is in, is down to the bombings over Hiroshima and Nagasaki...cool

That is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.

I mean did all these bookfacetards forget the two nukes dropped on Japland? Or that the US Govt basically let Pearl Harbour happen?

Posted Image

As George Carlin would say " These guys are fusked in the head and they're full of shit!"

I mean did all these bookfacetards forget the two nukes dropped on Japland? Or that the US Govt basically let Pearl Harbour happen?

" bookfacetards "...heh, good name for them.

It's true, it's basically a way that super stupid people are able to voice their idiotic thoughts to millions and have other stupid people 'like' it

It's true, it's basically a way that super stupid people are able to voice their idiotic thoughts to millions and have other stupid people 'like' it

Hey, I'm not disputing it." bookfacetards ' sounds perfectly appropriate from here :).

edit: for clarity.

Edited by eveln

The building which exploded was the containment building. TEPCO have been fiddling the safety books for what appears to have been decades. So if Caesium has been detected, and the containment building has, for all intents and purposes, ceased to be, then it seems we have fuel exposed.

Where did Goth go?

I have a few weeks ago just out of curiosity created a bookface page , and been playing Mafia wars, I am bored with the whole thing / and now also, more than a bit put off .... that page has me wondering if I will be keeping it going.

Where did Goth go?

He is preparing an EPIC post on how radiation isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be, and why anyone who eats bananas is just plain hipocritical to be concerned about exposed reactor cores.

Those US Failbook posts are sickening. Just as sickening as the ones after 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, made by some Islamists, citing the US invasion of Iraq.

Edited by Virtuoso

This just in:

AT least three residents evacuated from a Japanese town near a quake-hit nuclear plant have been exposed to radiation. The three were randomly chosen for examination out of about 90 bedridden patients moved from a hospital in the town of Futaba-machi. The patients had waited for rescuers on a school ground, spending a long time outside and then being moved by helicopter at the time when an explosion hit the Fukushima No 1 plant.

No comments on how much radiation they'd been exposed to. Hopefully they'd just been eating bananas while waiting.

Where did Goth go?

He is preparing an EPIC post on how radiation isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be, and why anyone who eats bananas is just plain hipocritical to be concerned about exposed reactor cores.
I'm yet to hear any reports of dangerous levels of radiation. And, I could be wrong, but last I checked nuclear reactors aren't designed to function after record breaking natural disasters.

I see your point though. If they were smart they'd hit [shift]+[ctrl]+[alt]+[c] and type 'power to the masses', then install a fission pow... oh fuck!

More news:

JAPAN'S government says the metal container sheltering a nuclear reactor was not affected by an explosion that destroyed the building it's in. Government spokesman Yukio Edano says the radiation around the plant did not rise after the blast, but instead is decreasing. He added that pressure in the reactor is also decreasing.

So that's good news at least.

Now, all this talk of radiation is making me hungry for bananas.