komuso

Scary earthquake?

Ive got a app on my phone that tells me when ever there is a seismic event

My phone has that feature, too.

When there's a seismic event, it falls off my desk.

Edited by Virtuoso

Media reports make it sound as though foreigners are leaving in droves, but Japanese are staying in Tokyo. The truth is that Japanese are slowly filtering out of Tokyo as well. They are just less conspicuous with less luggage. Cerainly not panic level movement, but it's hard to find a reasonably priced place to stay in Osaka as many places are full. The people who are remaining in Tokyo are going about day to day activity as best as they can because no one really knows what to do; there is just a quiet confusion.

I'm staying here until the reactor situation becomes stable, and will go back to Tokyo asap. I will only leave Japan if staying here becomes truly untenable, and that's not the case yet. There is the possibility that by that stage, I won't be able to leave, but I'm willing to take that risk, and I am still optimistic.

Media reports make it sound as though foreigners are leaving in droves, but Japanese are staying in Tokyo. The truth is that Japanese are slowly filtering out of Tokyo as well. They are just less conspicuous with less luggage. Cerainly not panic level movement, but it's hard to find a reasonably priced place to stay in Osaka as many places are full. The people who are remaining in Tokyo are going about day to day activity as best as they can because no one really knows what to do; there is just a quiet confusion.

I'm staying here until the reactor situation becomes stable, and will go back to Tokyo asap. I will only leave Japan if staying here becomes truly untenable, and that's not the case yet. There is the possibility that by that stage, I won't be able to leave, but I'm willing to take that risk, and I am still optimistic.

Just look after yourself as best you can... what keeps you busy through this period ?

I'm here studying music. Practice never stops, so that usually keeps me busy, but right now I'm just minding a few friends who are less familiar with Japan than I am. One of them is a Turkish girl who jumps nervously at every shake. Needless to say, it pleases me to shake the things she is touching or sitting on. Today we just ate, emailed, checked the latest news, playing darts just now, and that's pretty much the whole day.

Glad to hear you have such pleasant company :)

Careful with the shaking it might backfire on you...definitely spoil your aim with the dart :D

Guest MrInsaneBuff

It has to be said.

Is she hot?

:)

No mate, it has to be said:

"Did the earth move for you baby?"

:)

Cheers

Needless to say, it pleases me to shake the things she is touching or sitting on.

I am Rob and I didn't not read that in a dirty manner.

Rob.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Needless to say, it pleases me to shake the things she is touching or sitting on.

I am Rob and I didn't not read that in a dirty manner.

Rob.

Nice!

:nodnod:

Heh. None of that, I've learnt not to make waves that threaten my abode (:

Guest MrInsaneBuff

Thats why you give them 500 yen for cabfare.

Heh. None of that, I've learnt not to make waves that threaten my abode (:

Dude. Too soon. :P

FTR, I am really glad to hear you got out of Tokyo. Do you have any plans for the next couple of days or weeks? Or are just going to take it as it comes? How close to "life as normal" is it in Osaka? I can't help but think that an interesting litmus test is; Are the accountants still going to work?

[edit]: On second reading, sarcasm? :P

this. i meant to tell komoso that if was in his place, i wouldnt be placing any more trust in all the armchair analysts in the world and their glib assurances from 5000 miles away than i would the official line from the government.

so, about this Turkish bird...

I'm going to stay in Nagoya for a day or two at a friends house just for a visit, and probably go back to Tokyo on Wednesday. Nothing for me to do in Osaka except visit people and be a tourist. I wouldn't know if accountants are going to work or not, not my world....

Turkish girl went back to Turkey just a few hours ago. Japanese girls are mostly staying right here though (: Osaka people are way more easygoing than Tokyoites.

Guest MrInsaneBuff

I'm going to stay in Nagoya for a day or two at a friends house just for a visit, and probably go back to Tokyo on Wednesday. Nothing for me to do in Osaka except visit people and be a tourist. I wouldn't know if accountants are going to work or not, not my world....

Turkish girl went back to Turkey just a few hours ago. Japanese girls are mostly staying right here though (: Osaka people are way more easygoing than Tokyoites.

Well Osakans do live to party. They spend pretty much all their money on food, drink, and fun.

[edit]: On second reading, sarcasm? :P

this. i meant to tell komoso that if was in his place, i wouldnt be placing any more trust in all the armchair analysts in the world and their glib assurances from 5000 miles away than i would the official line from the government.

If I may turn your words around :P I place a lot of faith in these armchair analysts, because they are making well-educated and well-sourced points. I wouldn't, though, place my life so quickly.

Glad to here you're doing okay komuso, and are keeping on track.

Rob.