the_pest_xxvi

[PC] Shogun 2 Total War

I'm excited for tomorrow. I get my grand master edition of Shogun 2. :) Finally a game that will satisfy me for quite some time.

Who is excited? I am hoping the diplomacy works well in this game as I've read some cool diplomatic techniques to try on your opponents or potential allies/foes (works well if you play the Tokugawa clan)

Which faction will you play first?

For me it would be the Date clan or Takeda clan, I like a faction with strong and reliable offensive units such as the Date's no-dachi (dual wielding Samurai warriors) or Takeda powerful cavalry.

My limited edition is in the mail and finding its way to me as we speak! I wasn't that fond of Empire and never played napoleon. Hopefully Shogun 2 will be even better than Medieval 2, which is of course the best game in the series IMHO ;)

I might go for the hattori first and try the Assassinate Everyone strategy I used to employ in Medieval 2.

-X

My limited edition is in the mail and finding its way to me as we speak! I wasn't that fond of Empire and never played napoleon. Hopefully Shogun 2 will be even better than Medieval 2, which is of course the best game in the series IMHO ;)

I might go for the hattori first and try the Assassinate Everyone strategy I used to employ in Medieval 2.

-X

I prefer Rome as their best series. The AI was horrific in Medieval II (on latest patch)

-X

I prefer Rome as their best series. The AI was horrific in Medieval II (on latest patch)

True, but the separate AI's for the diplomacy and military of rome really annoyed me. One turn the Gaul's would seek an alliance with you and the next they were burning one of your cities! Bastards!

Although the best unit of any total war game has to be the Frankish axe throwing heavy infantry from Rome barbarian invasion. Those dudes kicked arse.

-X

My brother and I are both hanging out to play this game

Should be interesting seeing how the co-op works in this one

lol reliable AI has never been one of TW's strong suits. Empire is a bit better due to historical influences.

Not that battlefield AI has been better. I recall the countless times I defended a city with nothing but archers lining the wars while the enemy conveniently lined themselves up under it to be shoot! Dark was the day they finally patched it so the AI will stay out of bow range! I actually had to spend some good coin/troops to guard my cities. :-P

"I wasn't that fond of Empire and never played napoleon."

That's a shame, cos Napoleon "fixed' the game imo. The battlefield atmosphere was 10X more thrilling with gun smokes obscuring the lines and the cannon shots shaking the grounds apart.

Anyways, I'm not as excited about this as I was about Rome and Empire tbh. IMO it's just another pit stop before we get Rome 2: TW.

Edited by Oracle X

last total war I played through was Shogun O_O

I do have the grand master collectors edition on pre order which I shall be picking up tomorrow

Edited by PointZeroOne

I'm building a new rig for this game, well not just for this game but it was the catalyst that has got me out of the "in a few more months" thing I've been doing for the last two and a half years.

Picking up grand master editions today at lunch time. damn...i want work to finish NOW! but...i also gotta do some shopping tonight....ughhhhh!

There is a suit of armour in the box.......

Also the chess pieces come across as being speed painted and my queens head appears to have been broken and then glued back on as there is a hair line around her neck. That'll be fixed by buying some paint to touch her up.

RAGE 'steam service is to busy' ffs i'm installing from a cd!!

You gotta love steam on release day.

-X

Edited by Genisis X

1gb update WTF :S

and its been going at 100KB/s

WAIT

just dropped to 40KB/s

EDIT:

wooo its done, *runs game* FUUUUUUU- crashed to desktop while launching

Edited by PointZeroOne

rofl@the gigantic box filled with cheap knockoff toys.

Seriously, I know I'm a sucker for buying but man I can't stop myself.

And yeah 1gig update wtfbbq

I was able to try out Avatar conquest. create my warlord and could not find any rooms to play online. Started campaign with the Date clan as soon as i click the big red tick, crashes to desktop. i had 3 crashes so far last night.

haha! the updates took ages!!!

WTFBBQSAUCE!

Yeah I played for a little bit last night. Made my avatar, couldn't find any games online. Played the campaign a bit, attacked a city/fort got my arse kicked.

The 2nd small update resolved my crashing on launch issues, maybe they'll release another patch today as well.....

Edited by PointZeroOne