the_pest_xxvi

[PC] Shogun 2 Total War

got the gransdmaster edition as well, started playing as the ninja clan you can be spent most of the first 10 turns assinating people and playing the game abit like a ninja RPG lol

made my avatar did a battle and got raped.

i noticed the strategy in this game seems more basic in a scicors paper rock way i.e.

spear beats horse

horse beats sword

sword beats spear

i dont know if you guys noticed the same thing?

also i was looking at the clan option we really need an atomic clan to pwn some noobs online.

all in favour?

bah, can't believe 1/2 the freaking country just rose up against me. Thank Budda I had a huge standing army and a sizable treasury cos my income just took a huge dump!

bah, can't believe 1/2 the freaking country just rose up against me. Thank Budda I had a huge standing army and a sizable treasury cos my income just took a huge dump!

Kill them all!

thats what I used to do on rome tw, if someone thought it was a good idea to rebel/attack me I'd come back with like 3times the troops and just click the slaughter button on the city/town and send some of my guys off to totally destroy the routed army purely out of spite.

got the gransdmaster edition as well, started playing as the ninja clan you can be spent most of the first 10 turns assinating people and playing the game abit like a ninja RPG lol

i noticed the strategy in this game seems more basic in a scicors paper rock way i.e.

spear beats horse

horse beats sword

sword beats spear

also i was looking at the clan option we really need an atomic clan to pwn some noobs online.

all in favour?

its always been like that, cavalry running onto spears never ends well....

likewise cavalry charging into a formation without the appropriate defense the foot soldiers get annihilated unless its an elite unit.

all in favour?

Yeah might be an idea ^_^

hmm there seems to be a bug where the reinforcements of the enemy would just show up and not do anything. Infantry acts that way at least.

Kill them all!

thats what I used to do on rome tw, if someone thought it was a good idea to rebel/attack me I'd come back with like 3times the troops and just click the slaughter button on the city/town and send some of my guys off to totally destroy the routed army purely out of spite.

spear beats horse

horse beats sword

sword beats spear

all in favour?

likewise cavalry charging into a formation without the appropriate defense the foot soldiers get annihilated unless its an elite unit.

Well..if cavalry don't get momentum to charge even Archers and Katana samurai, the are capable of slicing the cav for horse meat. It also depends how tired the horses are and if horses fight in forests then they become even more vulnerable to melee units. That why its a strategy game. ;)

Im up for a clan play 4 online games so far won 2 of them on the launch day.

:)

Edited by the_pest_xxvi

Kill them all!

spear beats horse

horse beats sword

sword beats spear

all in favour?

Well..if cavalry don't get momentum to charge even Archers and Katana samurai, the are capable of slicing the cav for horse meat. It also depends how tired the horses are and if horses fight in forests then they become even more vulnerable to melee units. That why its a strategy game. ;)

Im up for a clan play 4 online games so far won 2 of them on the launch day.

:)

yea I know, I have played every total war game since rome.

Wow is all i can say, this game is BRILLIANT love the online mutiplayer and how it works :D won quite a few battles now so yea i'm enjoying it a great deal. Sign me up for clan goodness :D

yea I know, I have played every total war game since rome.

pffft, newbie, I've play every one since Shogun 1. :-P

They had an uber sword master unit back then. One single person who can devastate an entire formation. ROFL

Good times.

yea I know I should play shogun, I just don't feel like putting in a huge amount of time for another total war game, my game sessions at the moment only last for 30mins or so.

Went into my local EB today and my mate who works there called up head office to see if there were any grand master editions left. There were, 33 of em actually. WOOHOO! Got one on the way, should arrive at EB around the time that the parts for my new build will be arriving from PC Case Gear. I will soon be back in the warm, loving embrace of PC gaming and I couldn't think of a better game than TW to break in my new rig. Happy days XD XD XD

Edited by disolusiond

There were, 33 of em actually.

That would be 33 copies that were not picked up within 48 hours and so were sent back to head office. Bloody hate EBs preorder practices

I have to say that I'm not enjoying this as much as I did Empire. The map feels so small the campaign finished so fast (even on world dom). Fights mainly consists of masses of your basic spear and bow units with heavier units rarely providing that much of an advantage. Hell most of the time I don't even know what they're suppose to do. You'd think a unit of samurai would utterly crush a unit of bow archers but noooo they get bogged down like everyone else.

At least the AI is smarter now, learning to land troops behind your lines.

Edited by Oracle X

Picked up my grandmaster today. Fuck me, it's a huge box lol. My pc still hasn't arrived so I'm left to admire the chess set and statue till it does. :(

I have to say that I'm not enjoying this as much as I did Empire. The map feels so small the campaign finished so fast (even on world dom). Fights mainly consists of masses of your basic spear and bow units with heavier units rarely providing that much of an advantage. Hell most of the time I don't even know what they're suppose to do. You'd think a unit of samurai would utterly crush a unit of bow archers but noooo they get bogged down like everyone else.

At least the AI is smarter now, learning to land troops behind your lines.

I haven't played the full game yet but I remember on TW heavy infantry made a huge difference, especially the elite units like the english guards and french maison du roi as they only routed when they had sustained ~90% casualties, not to mention they were great at melee attacks/defense when the need arose, even some of the Indian heavy infantry were awesome to use, not sure if you ever used those Tibetan swordsman but in the right spot they could decimate an entire flank of the opposing army. Edited by nesquick

Just got my new rig built and everything installed and updated, now I'm onto games. I've never used steam before so I'm not sur wtf is going on but Shogun2 is downloading from steam, all 16plus fucking GB of it. Is this right? Why is a game I've bought a hard copy of downloading from steam? 16GB! That's going to take a chunk of my cap this month,doesn't seem right.

I know, happened to me too. NFI why. Thank God I just upgraded to the Fusion 500GB a month plan lol

I know, happened to me too. NFI why. Thank God I just upgraded to the Fusion 500GB a month plan lol

I figured it out, something about running in tandem with with the cloud. I disabled that shit and it worked fine.

Finally pulled myself away from Starcraft 2 for long enough to give this a good 5 hour run today. Took a little while to settle back into a TW rhythm but once I did it was gold. It's a great addition to the TW franchise, way better than Empire but still not as good as Medieval 2 imo. Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go pick up my pizza so I can continue my quest for the nobel domination of hounerable Japan.

Edited by disolusiond

Honorable my arse! The minute you're powerful enough to be Shogun everyone turns on you. Even your closest ally. I burned the fuckers' capital to the freaking ground. Destroyed every building and let it rot in the hands of rebels.

I must be out of practice, I'm getting owned playing on hard and I used to cruise on very hard. I get a few hours in, take two or three provinces then some fucker declares war on me and I spend the next few hour just trying to keep the towns on the fronts of battle. I'm having trouble keeping my armies stoked enough for them to be effective in a constant siege situation, which is what I'm up against atm. I get my trade going early so it's not a question of money, it's just that then enemy keeps throwing almost full armies at me and I can barely get two almost full ones going after three or four good battles. Add to that the fact that my best general ALWAYS ends up being a traitor right before I could really use him and it all adds up to me getting raped, feudal japan style.