Virtuoso

Mouses - a technology going backwards?

thanks, i don't feel as silly now. :D

I got all excited about the "DRM" with Razers Synapes 2.0 I just went post crazy

For what it's worth since my last post in this thread I've bought another MX518 for my work computer, moved the old one to my laptop's dock and bought a G500 for the gaming PC.

That MX518 just will not die.

My fireglider is still going strong many years, best mouse I ever had and up until this I had many lol. And they still make them !

Have you noticed?

I think the fire glider is the same shell design as my wireless A4tech.

compare them!

Hmm They have so many mice at their site, can you link me to yours. ? :)

Bugger me they are bloody close alright ! But mine has flames so it goes faster :P

Bugger me they are bloody close alright ! But mine has flames so it goes faster :P

Well natch flames make it faster.

:P

As for A4 tech I see they also have a gaming brand

http://www.x7.cn/en/index.asp

some with pretty colours.

Well natch flames make it faster.

:P

As for A4 tech I see they also have a gaming brand

http://www.x7.cn/en/index.asp

some with pretty colours.

There mighty purdy pa. :)

Yeah I feel the limit to thumb buttons is about 4. for most people, the thumb isn't all that dextrous.

Its one reason the original Microsoft Intelimouse Optical, with a BIG silver button on each side has a huge cult status. feather light, most are STILL working, and those buttons are super handy.

If I could design a mouse, I'd opt for:

- Double wide scroll wheel.

- Loud clicky buttons (hate razor mice for their overly soft touch)

- 3 thumb buttons, 1 little finger button.

- Any 1200+dpi tracking method, whatever uses less battery.

- Wireless.

- As light as possible.

the current wireless gaming mouse from logitech actually gets close to this. But it fails on battery life, and weight.

I am finding a lot of newer mouses designed for larger hands ,having a small hand i use a old MS optical mouse which is smooth and easy to use.

Looking at Mice in stores i try them out and they feel large in my hand and the joints seem to be rough. When you have a small hand you need a mouse that you can control not rub on your palm near the thumb or Index Fingers.

Yeah I feel the limit to thumb buttons is about 4. for most people, the thumb isn't all that dextrous.

I have to say, the Naga kicks botom in WOW, LOL and Diablo.

In WOW, the popular theory of optimised play was to use the mouse for movement and mostly use your left hand for spells. normaly assigned to numbers 1 through 9. clearly the main rotation is 1 to 6 with 7 to = for the extra stuff. Having to moe the mouse to click a screen icon when you are in combat either requires high DPI or a customised UI.

With the Naga, except for straffing, it's all 1 hand. this is true for Raid and PvP.

it does mean you control the mouse with different preasure points, but the 12 thumb buttons have a good spring weight so it responds to pressing but not to simply moving the mouse. In my samplings I have not felt I need to compensate for the buttons and just felt comfortable using the mouse.

I have tried the Naga and Hex in BF3 and had issues getting comforable with switching weapons as I often pressed the wrong button, learnig curves are a bitch. but I am comfortable moving my left hand from ASWD to press 1 to 5 and there are things like Q E R F G and the rest that make the mose buttons in FPS an augment, while LOLand Diable can be contrled entirely from the Naga.

I used to use the TT Sport black like Noskaj. the thumb button broke due to poor plastic welding at the pivot. opened it up and fixed it easily after I got the TT Theron.

thumb buttons are not part of my normal day to day play.

After 2 wireless mice, I went back to wired. batteries going dead at the wrong time is not worth it. I gave the wireless mouse and keyboard to a 2 year old. I felt it was a just reward.

- As light as possible.

the current wireless gaming mouse from logitech actually gets close to this. But it fails on battery life, and weight.

You'd lose me as a customer :P

I hate light mice, need to have a decent weight to it for it to feel good imo.

Got myself a Logitech MX518

Should last you for a while, mines been in use since early 2006 and still works perfectly. Had to replace the feet once, as I was using it on a hard desktop, but since moving to a soft mat (Gigabyte MP8000) the foot wear is minimal.

scythe, drop the "wireless" and you are describing my mouse. if you take out all it's weights (5 plus weight holder) it's super light.

No one still makes a decent wireless gaming mouse.

After 2 wireless mice, I went back to wired. batteries going dead at the wrong time is not worth it.

May not still be making them, but you can still purchase (new!) Sidewinder X6s out there ;>

- As light as possible.

You'd lose me as a customer :P

I hate light mice, need to have a decent weight to it for it to feel good imo.

Me to, I left all the weights in my mouse because I have a big paw, more weight feels better for me. And wireless mice leave me cold, maybe its just me but a wired feels more responsive.

Yeah I also think mouses sounds retarded.

More on topic, though... I had an MX1000 when I built my first PC early '05.

Had it 'til the G9 came out... and swapped to that, been using it ever since. It almost improved my online gaming 'skillz' quite a bit.

Both great mice.

Also, isn't the MX Revolution the successor to the MX1000?!

I just came across this, too... http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointer...ce/devices/5845

Got one of them I put it on the Lappy that is hooked up to the television, its good at that, good range and the darkfield lets it work from anywhere in the room and on any surface, but it don't game well, eve has a Razor Lachesis 3G and I use a Razor Deatheadder 3.5G, we are very happy with our meesez .

Possibly?

I'm looking for a replacement with dpi settings, mebbe the revo has it

G700 man. Cracker of a mouse.

Really? I only ask because I'm looking at mouses atm and liked the look of that one, but then I read a few scathing reviews and was put off. Problems with detecting small movements when wireless was the main gripe. Have you had any problems like that, mudg3?

I have a Microsoft Habu and I love it, it's getting a little long in the tooth though andI haven't looked after it so it's showing. I'm liking the look of this for everything but gaming http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointer...ce/devices/3443 and one of these just to game with http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=11517 .

Yes trying to pinpoint a drivers view slit or a machingun port in WoT, as was trying to track a tank by hitting the tiny bit sticking out past a corner was a real bitch with the Logitech performance mouse (wireless) , went back to my old Deathadder and my battle efficiency started climbing up.

Plus the way Razer Drivers default the polling rate to 500hz is sweet and those with mobs of cpu to spare can go 1000hz.

But yah the higher than widows default polling rate also helps with small precise movements.

Edited by Waltish