mark84

Firefox 4 is out!

It's nice. I did not like 3.x series which I felt was slow. 4 is so much faster.

Yeah it does look nice. i wonder if there will be a 64bit version out soon.

Some of my addons do not work like avg scanner and screengrab.

actually found a problem ,no padlock for page security.

Edited by codecreeper

Looks good, Liking it so far

Missing my Australian Dictionary a little though.

Is it just me or is it displaying fonts a little... Differently? I'm seeing them a little blurry all of a sudden. Please tell me I'm not having a stroke here.

Is it just me or is it displaying fonts a little... Differently? I'm seeing them a little blurry all of a sudden. Please tell me I'm not having a stroke here.

Yeah I noticed that too. I thought it was my display driver or somthing but its just noticeable.

On secured pages the company name will appear before the URL with a green or purpley blue box/background which you can then click on for more details. Green is verified certs, purpley blue is unverified certs. Something like that.

Yeah I noticed that too. I thought it was my display driver or somthing but its just noticeable.

I think that issue is due to the hardware acceleration. Google around about it might be a fix or work around. For me the fonts are clear but not anti aliased.

EDIT: Hey check it out, are you guys getting a resize grabby thing in the bottom right of the reply boxes on this forum? What a neat idea! Resize your forms!

Edited by mark84

On secured pages the company name will appear before the URL with a green or purpley blue box/background which you can then click on for more details. Green is verified certs, purpley blue is unverified certs. Something like that.

I think that issue is due to the hardware acceleration. Google around about it might be a fix or work around. For me the fonts are clear but not anti aliased.

EDIT: Hey check it out, are you guys getting a resize grabby thing in the bottom right of the reply boxes on this forum? What a neat idea! Resize your forms!

Thanks for that info on the security.

Anyone notice the censorship filter is activated for google.

much better than 3 imo, but im so used to chrome now i dont think i can go back.

I swapped from Firefox to Chrome a while ago. Chrome is still better, IMO.

All down to personal preference I cant stand the look of chrome.

Edited by mudg3

i gave chrome a try a while back and swapped back to firefox as i preferred the look and extra buttons

im disappointed that firefox is looking more like chrome getting worse and losing more of its big easy buttons with each release

Tried the RC version but a lot of my add on's did not work so I will wait for awhile.

I'm glad this came out

I was getting really tired of 3.6

I used Chrome for a while, but missed Firefox (though it was a lot faster for me)

I'm running Chrome on my elderly laptop, as it's just about the only browser that works on it

And yes I also miss the aussie dictionary

it's good. but some of the default selections are really annoying, like where the home button is placed and having tabs on top.

I envy anyone who has a fast enough connection to see a speed difference between browsers. They're all sluggish on my slow connection.

FF4 still has no way to block content? And it stuffed all my favorites when importing from IE (wouldn't import bookmards at all from Opera).

Took all of 5 minutes for me to uninstall it and go back to Opera/IE. Still not ready for prime time in my humble opinion, but I do appreciate the heads up about the release. :-)

Am I missing something obvious? Where's my "save and close" option when I close Firefox with multiple tabs open and want it to go back to those tabs automatically next time I run the program?

The Norton 360 Toolbar doesn't work with FF 4.0.

Known problem, fix will be 'a few weeks'.

I downloaded it on my PC at home. It's alright.

Few new added features that I don't like.

Such as the "Firefox" button, that has the entire menu in it.

You can enable the menubar, but it's so out of place and intrusive.

Most of my plug-ins still work, which is nice. Only the one that doesn't.

But I can live without it for a few weeks.

I used chrome when it was first released and didn't like it.

This looks near identical from memory.

Nice an original, Mozilla.

I'm having no issues with blurred text, infact I think sites look better. More open.