3dmark master

Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings

Posted Image

just had to run cpu stress test to show current voltages and freq, as i have speedstep enabled so it downclocks when not doing anything.

I just overclocked my vid cards slighty to 900/1400 (crossfire 6970's) and i got fucken less! @ 1891 points, my min framerate went down to 30.1 but my max framerate went to 170.6

Dunno how it works.

Edited by twents

bugger me nvidia must have goten even more out of there drivers i new you would get close to 9k but your probably capable of well over 10k

looks like your cpu didnt even overclock for that run its only 1fps higher in the cpu test than the stock run and well below my 4.49ghz run

i wouldnt be suprised if you beat my 7970 score :\

7970 1200mhz vs gtx580 925mhz vs gtx680 1256mhz http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3057084;jsessionid...ds1bwc0poczoepi

GraphicsTest1

45.76 --- 45.75 --- 53.28 FPS

GraphicsTest2

51.72 --- 47.49 --- 52.67 FPS

GraphicsTest3

63.3 --- 66.1 --- 66.14 FPS

GraphicsTest4

30.68 --- 32.72 --- 33.7 FPS

have you found some realy good tweaks aswelll?

Edited by Dasa

bugger me nvidia must have goten even more out of there drivers i new you would get close to 9k but your probably capable of well over 10k

looks like your cpu didnt even overclock for that run its only 1fps higher in the cpu test than the stock run and well below my 4.49ghz run

i wouldnt be suprised if you beat my 7970 score :\

7970 1200mhz vs gtx580 925mhz vs gtx680 1256mhz http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3057084;jsessionid...ds1bwc0poczoepi

GraphicsTest1

45.76 --- 45.75 --- 53.28 FPS

GraphicsTest2

51.72 --- 47.49 --- 52.67 FPS

GraphicsTest3

63.3 --- 66.1 --- 66.14 FPS

GraphicsTest4

30.68 --- 32.72 --- 33.7 FPS

have you found some realy good tweaks aswelll?

I have a few tricks up my sleeve :). I'm testing them out and i'll get back to you in a few days when i have some better results.

Edited by smakme7757

I have a few tricks up my sleeve :). I'm testing them out and i'll get back to you in a few days when i have some better results.

ah your using virtu mvp arnt you :) nice to see it working so well in programs its been optimised for should be some fun to play with

Posted Image

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboard...77_4.html#sect0

twents looks like your off to a good start how do you like the new card so far?

Edited by Dasa

twents looks like your off to a good start how do you like the new card so far?

Yeah im loving it mate, no more lockups or anything in BF3 and i seem to get slighty better framerates than my old crossfire setup, i think ill keep it on air as they run so cool anyways, i might get the Accelero Xtreme 7970 cooler for it just to minimise the fan noise. Cant wait to see what newer drivers bring now.

Edited by twents

LucidLogix® and Futuremark® Add Virtu™ MVP Support to 3DMark®

KFAR NETTER, Israel and HELSINKI, Finland – March 13, 2012 – LucidLogix® (Lucid), a developer of GPU virtualization software, and Futuremark®, the world leader in performance benchmarking software, today announced that Futuremark's range of 3DMark gaming benchmarks is being updated to detect systems using Lucid's HyperFormance™ and Virtual Vsync™ performance technologies, which are available in the Virtu™ MVP virtualization software and other Lucid solutions.

Futuremark's 3DMark benchmark works by measuring the process of rendering frames of 3D graphics. Lucid's Virtu MVP HyperFormance and Virtual Vsync features are designed to improve responsiveness through the intelligent reduction of redundant rendering tasks. While 3DMark scores may increase when turning on Virtu MVP features, scores from systems with and without MVP technology are not directly comparable because of its effect on the rendering process from CPU to GPU to display.

Lucid and Futuremark are working together to add HyperFormance and Virtual Vsync setting status information to Futuremark's benchmarks. After a Futuremark software update expected in early Q2, all 3DMark scores submitted to 3dmark.com will indicate if the system includes Virtu MVP and its responsiveness features settings.

"Gamers, overclockers and reviewers as well as OEMs and ODMs depend on Futuremark benchmarks to measure overall gaming performance," said Offir Remez, Lucid co-founder and president. "Since responsiveness and low latency are an essential performance measurement and part of the platform experience, our collaboration with Futuremark will provide more options for users to evaluate their hardware and software."

"Lucid's Virtu MVP can have a significant impact on benchmark scores, but it is not currently viable to make a direct performance comparison between MVP-enabled systems and non-MVP systems using 3DMark," said Jukka Mäkinen, CEO of Futuremark. "As Virtu MVP has clear gaming benefits by improving responsiveness, reducing latency and eliminating visual tearing, we are glad to be working with Lucid to help our users understand the performance benefits of Virtu MVP technologies as measured by 3DMark and our other PC performance benchmarks."

Lucid and Futuremark are working together to deliver a software update for Futuremark benchmarks that includes Virtu MVP feature support in early Q2 together with documentation for testing professionals, press and enthusiasts explaining how to interpret scores from systems with Virtu MVP enabled.

:-P Edited by nobody813

It works really well. In SC2 i get 120FPS with it off and 160 with it on. So definately a nice piece of technology. Add in the fact that you get Quicksync as well and it's just a fucking awesome piece of technology.

A few reviews have noticed that at extremely high resolutions it can cause a negative impact on performance, but i've havn't come across that in the games i play at the moment.

Edited by smakme7757

I just ran my first 3DMARK 11 test with the new system and got P11063 my cpu is at 4800mhz and the gtx 680 is overclocked at 1245mhz

3DMARK 11 P11063 gazman2k3 - i7 3930k@4.8Ghz(w) - GTX680@1245/3005(A) http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3175436

I'll do a Vantage run next.

I just did a 3DMARK Vantage run and got P40055 my settings are the same as above,these cards have come along way,I remember with my old quadsli gtx 295 x58 setup the best I could get with vantage was around P39000 now we have one gpu doing a better job than 4 gpus.

3DMARK Vantage P40055 gazman2k3 - i7 3930k@4.8Ghz(w) - GTX680@1245/3005(A) http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4018562

Edited by gazman2k3

very nice gazman. your physics score smashes mine by almost 5000 points!

also beat my graphics score.. but only by 100 points :)

Edited by p0is0n

who updates the scores here? mine still havnt been put up.

relax, they will get to it. doesn't usually get enough action to be worth updating more than once a month..

who updates the scores here? mine still havnt been put up.

it helps if you post it as it is displayed in the first post so that morgoth can just copy and paste it

why should he bother if you cant? :)

oh and p0is0n you dont need stalker to run the benchmark its just a free 423m download

http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=news&item=150

Edited by Dasa

oh and p0is0n you dont need stalker to run the benchmark its just a free 423m download

http://cop.stalker-game.com/?page=news&item=150

thanks dasa. i'll include it next time im benching.

I've also just noticed I have metro on steam (lol) never played it tho.. so I can try that too.

Was very tempted the other night when it got quite cold in perth, noticed my GPU temps in the 20s and was keen to try pushing it, haha.

very nice gazman. your physics score smashes mine by almost 5000 points!

also beat my graphics score.. but only by 100 points :)

Thanks yeah I can't wait to get a second 680 card,but I got to let the wallet recover a bit first.

seems as though my card hits a wall with stock volts @ 1180/1680 with some benchmnarks but others will hang like 3dmark 06 and vantage, but ungine will work fine @ 1200/1700.

And the stalker bench will go at about 5fps and stutter like hell. even when @ 1150/1650.

Im still on the stock air cooler with the 7970 so i dont want to adjust the volts to much.

Okay well done guys, Poison is a bees dick off 11k :P

Twents, good work with the screenshots, but if you could put your results in format, it makes my life easy, nice to see that 7970 soaring

Gaz, Well done taking top spot for the green team ^^

Smak, I kinda don't have anywhere for MVP scores to go, I think we need to see how many submissions we get with it, and when futuremark is going to indicate it in score pages.

new mb to play with and overclocking is a dream by comparison the the p67 ud4

gave it a fair crack but im still a few points short of p0is0n

P10615 Dasa - i7 2600K@5.1GHz(w) - 7970DC2T@1225/1875(w) pic

2600K@5.1GHz 1.49v

ram 1600 8-9-8-24 1t

managed 7.316s spi at this clock

7970DC2T@1225/1875 1.28v although under 1.2v is probably enough

tried 1.325v 1250mhz but it locked up ~5sec into the first test like usual

Edited by Dasa

Holy nice score batman, your CPU speed gains are attributed to the Z77 or?

Impressed!

with a twitchy beta bios i had been able to boot at 5.1ghz 1.5v and prime at 4.9ghz 1.4v on the p67 ud4 it just couldnt post consistently at anything over 4.3ghz

the new mb just makes it much easier :)

still 400mhz short of smaks awesome chip havent been able to get this one to boot at 5200mhz yet though

im not sure how but it manage to complete 3dm11 at 1250mhz 1281mv 1850mem maybe that v\mem clock is a sweat spot and maybe the fact that the gpu was idling at 18c this morning helped :)

1245mhz was enough for me to sneak ahead of p0is0n P10714

P10759 Dasa - i7 2600K@5.1GHz(w) - 7970DC2T@1250/1850(w) pic

oh and just for fun i forgot to include this one the other day with virtu mvp

if there was to be a spot for them in the list i guess it would be under multi-gpu just need to note what gpu's were in use

perhaps a bit like this

P13168 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3392420 5ghz 7970 1200\1800 hd2000 1350mhz virtu mvp

probably no need for it but it is kinda fun and i suspect may make memory speed tuning more important

Edited by Dasa

3dmark11:

P9517 - gamble - i5 4.8ghz - EVGA SC GTX 670 1240mhz/7200mhz - Offset(P.T.+122/+90mhz/+500mhz)

Still tweaking but I know that is the limit for the core. I can still get more out of the memory but have not seen any advantage really, +600 locks up on the memory. With my system at 4.2cpu and stock gpu I hit P8500, which was about the highest I could get on the xfire HD 5850! The card runs really cool too when gaming and benchmarking the highest temp is 71c! I have the fan matching the temp after 60c. Really impressed with this card and it just seems to run sooo smooth in BF3 and can run higher settings! Ill run some more benchmarks in a bit!

edit:

Gazman, Did you use Lucid for your result? Just wondering since I was hoping to be closer to GTX 680 scores!

Vantage:

P32394 - gamble - i5 4.8ghz - EVGA SC GTX 670 1240mhz/7200mhz - Offset(P.T.+122/+90mhz/+500mhz)

Edited by gamble

found this gtx670 vs 680 result at xs with a 4.7ghz 2500k p9770 vs p10077

http://3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/3428910/3dm11/3080400

Gazman cpu has a fair advantage with 12 threads vs 4 in the physics test but id say he has a few tweaks giving him a bit of an advantage in the gpu scores

the boost clock adjusts it self based on temp to i think so for benching you want it as cool as possible

The rule of gold is to try to maintain temp lower than 70C. As soon it gets to that temperature your max clock is decreased by 13mhz, and another 13mhz at 80C

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1038740439

Ok thanks Dasa! Looks like his cpu is probably helping alot. My numbers dont look to far off then.

My temps have been really low under 71c with gaming for hours at 1200/6800, and only the stress test that ive seen throttle back is the evga one that is basically like fur. There is an option for heavy mode. Heaven will maintain the clock I give but evga scanner will drop back by about 35mhz even with the temp at 70c. See the post in rumor thread, its interesting on what these cards do with load/temp!

That lucid score is sick, I might give it a go too! How is it on gaming?