3dmark master

Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings

Updated!

Just got inside from benching the Athlon machine!

That is a crazy setting Dasa, 5.1GHz o_0

Well done on #1!!

Gamble, that is one hell of a card, 670 is mental for price/performace =O

some info on lucid virtu mvp http://www.anandtech.com/Show/Index/5728?c...ecs-and-biostar

seems it doesnt improve the fps just the responsiveness whatever that means

I see mostly little gain in games but huge improvement in benches. Not sure if it is games not optimized or if lucid has immature drivers. Everything is running good now and games just seem more "responsive" than xfire setup lol, so I might hold off for awhile until I get bored!

Updated!

Just got inside from benching the Athlon machine!

That is a crazy setting Dasa, 5.1GHz o_0

Well done on #1!!

Gamble, that is one hell of a card, 670 is mental for price/performace =O

I added Vantage in an edit above and will give Stalker a go soon. Yeah really wanted the GTX 680 but everything seems to be within 10% at least! I might be able to raise that score some if I bump it up to 4.95ghz on the cpu for a few benches. The ram on this card is just crazy fast and seem content on running +550 but is already OC from the factory, might have got lucky. Unfortunately it really doesnt translate in benchmarks much.

I notice that things look slightly different in games from ATi. Not much but the colors are slightly different. I do notice it runs smoother than xfire in games even though benches are close to the xfire results. Like when I turn quickly or a new scene, shows faster than before. Im sure it would be the same on a single ATi card too but just what I notice from xfire to single card.

Edited by gamble

Ah sorry I missed that vantage score!

It's also curious you mention things look different, heaps of people noticed that on the 680 on Ocau

Ah sorry I missed that vantage score!

It's also curious you mention things look different, heaps of people noticed that on the 680 on Ocau

Oh good, I thought it was just me thinking things look different!

1852 - gamble - i5 4.8ghz - EVGA SC GTX 670 1235mhz/7300mhz - Offset(P.T.+122/+85mhz/+550mhz)

In case someone is interested in FPS in BF3 MP, each is a different map:

Ultra everything (Maxed) - 4x AA / 16x AF - HBAO On - Motion Blur Off

2012-05-24 20:27:31 - bf3

Frames: 59113 - Time: 716076ms - Avg: 82.551 - Min: 51 - Max: 165

2012-05-24 20:44:17 - bf3

Frames: 63120 - Time: 822313ms - Avg: 76.759 - Min: 50 - Max: 152

2012-05-24 21:05:28 - bf3

Frames: 36219 - Time: 417786ms - Avg: 86.693 - Min: 27 - Max: 142

2012-05-24 21:14:18 - bf3

Frames: 104738 - Time: 1247150ms - Avg: 83.982 - Min: 38 - Max: 187

Much faster, smoother than the xfire HD 5850. BF3 was with it at 1200mhz core/6800mem, temp got up to 70c.

Edited by gamble

Updated!

Wow that Heaven score is snug tight amongst the 7970s!

BF3 performance is impressive!

Also after using sli480's, dasa's Metro2033 FPS graph is 100X smoother than the sli480's, despite being a lower FPS, but I bet it's smoother to play.

nice scores gamble its good to see things so are so very close keeps it interesting :)

replayed metro on the 7970 recently and it does run rather well fps in parts where it use to drop was higher than with the gtx480 sli and just felt smoother over all

although i did notice a lighting glitch at times kinda a banding in some shaded locations

and a number of games get the occasional artifact its kinda like a vsync tare drivers not perfect yet i guess or maybe my card is faulty dont know overclocking doesnt affect it and fur shows no problem it can be hours between seeing it flash across the screen

although i know this monitor is faulty to it was only displaying green lines till i belt it :) so i doubt its the problem here

Edited by Dasa

Thanks guys!

Heaven made me sooo mad, I got 1860ish cant remember quite what it was but didnt save it since I was going to do a bunch of runs. I thought I would be able to get that and more but each run was less than 1860s even with the same settings. Then I tried 1250mhz on the core and it locked on stage 26, so I tried again after a restart, SAME thing happened on stage 26. Tried slightly lower setting too and had to just gaive up trying to get over 1860! Either way wasnt too bad, but knowing I hit it once was frustrating my brain lol. To tell the truth, I wanted to take poison down!

Dasa,

I notice in BF3 when I use the scope, some of the windows have a flashing effect sometimes, without and with OC. Im running Beta drivers and have not checked to see if this is a known problem or not. I think in Aliens vs Pred. the HD 7900 series will smoke the GTX 600 series but I think Id be able to run higher in BF3. Some trade offs but good to see stronger cards from both camps!

Edited by gamble

Hmmm, if you had a triple GPU class for Vantage i'd take the lead.... until someone else ran benches.

Dasa encouraged me to try tri-fire since I had a 4870 laying around. It's not special at all but I was impressed that it manages to scale so well.

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4103779

I have a screenshot of it too but imgur is down and I can't be bothered finding other hosting.

Saved result won't load for some reason :(

Lucky I wrote them down as well

With the 4870x2 on its own P12630, GPU 17038 and CPU 7111.

And I think I can probably get on the board for single GPU in 06 as well when I run it again. Might try some ocing tonight.

Edit:

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4103962

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4103941

http://3dmark.com/3dm06/16685050

Forgot how much fun benching was but my hardware is sadly well past it. Can't wait to get new gear.

Edited by ReapermanRS

Not bad reaperman! I bet you could get 20k in vantage with some tweaking. Give 3dmark11 a go too.

Hey guys, I'm new to overclocking (and Atomic) so I had a read through the stickies in the forum and had a go with my new 670.

I used MSI Afterburner and just kept tweaking until I got a stable reading in 3DMark11 (DX11/Performance Preset).

My score was P10288

I am not sure how to read my clocks accurately- Afterburner seems to show some Hardware Monitoring graph as I bench but I am not sure if these min, max numbers are true indicators. Is there a better OC program I should use?

Nice work, I did the formatting for you both, but it makes life easier if you post in the format in future ^.

That tri-fire reeks of oldschool! Just last week I upgraded my friend's PC, which was my old E6600+HD2900XT system, swapped my old 4870X2 into it, such a massive bludgeon-capable card!

Galaxi, very nice score, that CPU is nice too!

Try Precision X, it's meant for Kepler cards.

Nice work, I did the formatting for you both, but it makes life easier if you post in the format in future ^.

That tri-fire reeks of oldschool! Just last week I upgraded my friend's PC, which was my old E6600+HD2900XT system, swapped my old 4870X2 into it, such a massive bludgeon-capable card!

Galaxi, very nice score, that CPU is nice too!

Try Precision X, it's meant for Kepler cards.

Derp, I should know better than to skip straight to the scores, shall read then entire OP properly :|

I've got my eye on a x48-dq6 and a 9550 which I will get if it doesn't become extortionate. Then I shall have a Core2 and TriFire Extravaganza! I wonder if this e8400 can manage another suicide run to 4.9, bit scared to O/C the cards as the 4870 hits 103 degrees just running Vantage.

Hey guys, I'm new to overclocking (and Atomic) so I had a read through the stickies in the forum and had a go with my new 670.

I used MSI Afterburner and just kept tweaking until I got a stable reading in 3DMark11 (DX11/Performance Preset).

My score was P10288

I am not sure how to read my clocks accurately- Afterburner seems to show some Hardware Monitoring graph as I bench but I am not sure if these min, max numbers are true indicators. Is there a better OC program I should use?

Well Done and Welcome to the world of Atomic!

My score was P10288

Nice score, wish I could break 10k, I might try a few more times!

I'm half tempted to add back in 3dmark 01 and 03

DO IT! I have the complete set now and will be 01 and 03 benching once I get this old gear setup.

I'm half tempted to add back in 3dmark 01 and 03

DO IT! I have the complete set now and will be 01 and 03 benching once I get this old gear setup.

I'll do it too. Need some Pentium 4 results in there too for lols

Picked up a X48 dq6 with a 9550 and 8 gigs of 5,5,5 15 DDR2 so there will be a Tri Fire smash and bash very shortly. Watch this space.

slowly edging closer to 11k and gazman2k3 with a bit of help from the 12.6 june 4 beta driver

P10848 Dasa - i7 2600K@5.1GHz(w) - 7970DC2T@1250/1895(w) -- #1 Ranked HD7970

might have to see how much tweaking the bclk will get me someday soon

tried getting it to boot at 5.2ghz again but even with ht disabled and a heap of v cranked up it didnt help

Nice Score Dasa! Ive tried to up nearly everything and cant break P9600. I might try bclk too, I just want 10k. Might need to add another card jk.... for now! I do have this thing called xbox 360 that just sits in the living room for netflix(cancelled) and sometimes dvd's but surely not for gaming hmmmm.... Dammit, my PC is fast enough yet I never seem content and plays everything at great fps, whats wrong with me???

heh i think i just woke dreaming about what some half decent ram might do to

shame that 2400 stuff thats avlible in au doesnt like tight timings

First run with the q9550 and x48 dq6.

P18465 ReapermanRS - Q9550 @ 3.4GHz (a) - 4870x2 + 4870

I am wondering how I'm scoring less graphically with an x48 board. This does not make sense to me.

Edit. Now I'm cooking with multiple cores.

P20171 ReapermanRS - Q9550 @ 3.8GHz (a) - 4870x2 + 4870 @ 790MHz

I think I may have fluked another decent chip, it was rock solid at 3.5 at stock volts only had to push up from 1.23 to 1.27 to get 3.8 which I read a lot of 9550s won't do, keen to try for 4 shortly the CPU isn't getting hot but I think I might need more northbridge cooling.

Edit 2. Scratch that about the good chip, I was only half right, no amount of voltage or tweaking can make it stable past 3.8 and I can't even manage another run at 3.8 I can nail 3.75 constantly at 1.4v but I get scared above 1.45v. At least it will sit on 3.4 at 1.2 :)

Managed a few extra 3d marks from tweaks even at 3.7. Get instant artifacting if I take the 4870x2 past 790MHz so I think I've peaked. I might conceivably eke out another 100 but it would be mostly luck.

P20189 ReapermanRS - Q9550 @ 3.7GHz - 4870x2 + 4870 @790MHz

Edited by ReapermanRS