3dmark master

Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings

P9890 gamble - 2500k@4.8ghz - EVGA SC GTX670@1240/7200

New ram helped quite a bit in benching and raised my score 400pts! This is about as high as I can get with 2133 at 9-10-10-26 1t. Score drops about 125pts with 7--7-7-24 1600.

P9890 gamble - 2500k@4.8ghz - EVGA SC GTX670@1240/7200

New ram helped quite a bit in benching and raised my score 400pts! This is about as high as I can get with 2133 at 9-10-10-26 1t. Score drops about 125pts with 7--7-7-24 1600.

not bad just for a change of ram and oh so close to 10k now

I know, its driving me nuts, just cant seem to break P9900! I upped to 4.9 and it give lower score and 5.0 locks up... Ram is my only hope now so going to play with the timings to see what I can get out of it.

I'll probs try and push my elderly hardware a bit soon, seeing as all my runs have been at stock. And why am I still on the bottom for 3DMark06? :-P

I kept trying tighter timing and all of a sudden I could not run any benchmarks without my system freezing. I guess I fried this ram too, I knew I should have left it alone but whats the fun in that lol. I tried upping the timings but not even 999 would work at 1600 for 1.7v. I really liked this rams speed too and im sure it my fault that it failed but with only two days ill have to rma.

tried 104.1x49 but my scores were lower and the system was less stable so i think that might have to be my top score till i change hardware unless amd comes out with another magic driver

tried 104.1x49 but my scores were lower and the system was less stable so i think that might have to be my top score till i change hardware unless amd comes out with another magic driver

I think 12.6 is out now so maybe that will add a few more points? Messing with BCLK I could only go up just a bit but was only good for benching but still didnt give a better score.

I have two sets of ram on rma. Ordered some cheaper ram to add capacity since really didnt get a whole bunch of performance boost with tight timings.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866 (4x4gb) 9-10-9-28

Edited by gamble

I found bumping up the CPU clock sometimes causes momentary stutter for a few seconds/ms and can be enough to drop a score significantly, while the rest of the bench is running slightly faster. Same also with the video card clock, there is a sweet spot, then a rough patch and occasionally, additional sweet spots beyond.

I think my CPU is a bit average, it doesn't respond to any BCLK change whatsoever. I have tried as low as 100.5x46 and no good so I just left it at default, which is 99.5x46 or something, seems to run just under 100 flat.

I was really pushing to try and hit 11k with my card but not being able to run 2133 really hurt my scores. I haven't tried never drivers (still using 12.1 or 12.2) so maybe will give it another go.

We've had temps as low as 8C in Perth recently, which would be great for benching if I was in the mood. All of my previous runs were mid-late summer when it was still 30C+ ambient.

Would love to try and catch your score gazman but that CPU has almost 30% on my physics score :(

Edited by p0is0n

With the new, new ram Gskills Ripjaws X 1866 16gb 9-10-9-28 I get P9800ish +/- 25 and at 10-11-11-28 2133 I can only get close to P9900 just as before. Im happy enough with that so Ill probably keep the cpu at 4.7ghz and 1866 for the ram. I still love the performance in gaming though! Im guessing Ill pickup another GTX 670 in 6 months just for the fun of it!

Heaven score is a bit lower, which is strange. I think I can take down Poison though?!

Edited by gamble

mattyamdfanboi, that is a pretty dam good score!

P9900 - gamble - 2500k@4872ghz - EVGA SC GTX670@1239/7200

Well at least I can finally just make P9900. Set the BLCK to 101.5 x48 with my ram at 1866 and 1t making 1894.

In Heaven, I cant even get my old score, might be due to these drivers.

Edited by gamble

haha yer the gpu scores top whoever has the top score atm.. but my cpu.. failed.. i think the guy whos first got 10k on the cpu.. i got 6.6k... :(

P9951 getting closer! I made a huge mistake when trying to get better scores with using BLCK. I would try to run at the same core/mem on the gpu after raising the BLCK. If I lower the gpu core/mem, it becomes stable for benches and gives a higher score. I think I might be able to make 3dmark11 my bitch and hit 10k after all lol.

With that said, there is a real fine line between lowering the gpu clocks while raising the cpu/mem to get a higher score. Also, it doesnt like to be set at 2133 and then raise the BLCK at all.

P9965 - gamble - 2500k@4975ghz (103.7 x 48)- EVGA SC GTX670@1228/7344

Thats its limit, I tried everything and that was giving a few artifacts. 104 x 48 locked up at the very end of the last scene. Also, Im not running 3.0 pcie since Im not on Ivy.

Ill try more with the next driver update.

Edited by gamble

ah so close

nice bit of tweaking for those few extra points

I upgraded from Cat 11.2 to 11.6 last night.. will give my runs another go on the weekend. :)

Well, I should update the marks since I've improved the system quite a bit...

3DMark11 - Single GPU (ATI)

P6218 - sora3 - AMD FX-6100 @ 4.2GHz - AMD HD Radeon 7870 @ 1050/5000

3DMark Vantage - Single GPU (ATI)

P20370 - sora3 - AMD FX-6100 @ 4.2GHz - AMD HD Radeon 7870 @ 1050/5000

Note that the 7870 is considered stock as it was factory overclocked...

Edited by sora3

Very nice work there sora. I was gonna try and see how my system compared to that, but then I remembered I have an elderly graphics card :-P

its interesting that sora scored a very similar vantage score to my gtx 560, but in 3dmark11.. raped me completely. im gonna have a guess that his cpu scored lower than mine at higher clocks, but that vid card (7870) is just vastly superior to the gtx 560 but vantage is too cpu limited?

i still see no reason to upgrade from my sli gtx460s yet. they still equal stock 7970 & 670 with mild overclocks.

its interesting that sora scored a very similar vantage score to my gtx 560, but in 3dmark11.. raped me completely. im gonna have a guess that his cpu scored lower than mine at higher clocks, but that vid card (7870) is just vastly superior to the gtx 560 but vantage is too cpu limited?

Most likely situation as Vantage definitely benefits from a more efficient CPU.

ah so close

nice bit of tweaking for those few extra points

gamble try closing all non essential proccesses in windows you are so close.

Beta Drivers 304.79. Finally made 10kl!!!!

First run gave me the same results as last drivers nearly without changing any settings. I lowered the ram on the card a few mhz and raised the up 1mhz. My physics score went up after each pass and finally hit 10k!!!!

P10002 - Gamble - 2500k@4975ghz (103.7 x 48)- EVGA SC GTX670@1239/7338

Vantage:

P33834 - Gamble - 2500k@4975ghz (103.7 x 48)- EVGA SC GTX670@1234/7334

Was a bit more picky in Vantage for core.

Edited by gamble

Beta Drivers 304.79. Finally made 10kl!!!!

Nicely done man. Now I've got my new rig sorted out, I'm going to have to have a go at an OC and see how I go.