3dmark master

Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings

Id have 3DMark 06 with both single and dual/tripple cards in the same table. It would also be cool with an Nvidia and ATI table. Like you said its very much a cpu benchmark so there's not much point to differentiate single from multiple cards.

Im going to run the Crysis benchmark soon so ill post my result in a bit.

Edited by smakme7757

Here is my Crysis run. It wouldn't give me a summary at the end so i've ighlighted the FPS of the final run in my screen shot:

Crysis - Single GPU

Average FPS: 49.71 Smakme7757 - i7 2600k@5.4GHz(w) - GTX580@975/2206(w) - *Link*

03.04.2011 10:47:12 - Vista 64

Beginning Run #1 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu

DX10 1920x1080, AA=4x, Vsync=Disabled, 64 bit test, FullScreen

Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day= 9

Global Game Quality: VeryHigh

!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.

Play Time: 40.24s, Average FPS: 49.71

Min FPS: 38.37 at frame 1978, Max FPS: 56.59 at frame 1002

Edited by smakme7757

I know, but it just says what settings i used without a summary. I've tried to run both as Admin and as standard user, but it doesn't work.

Unigine Heaven 2.5 - Single GPU

Score: 1301 Smakme7757 - i7 2600k@5.4GHz(w) - GTX580@975/2206(w) - *Link*

Edited by smakme7757

3DMARK11

P9129 Bolter01 - 2600K@5GHz (w) - HD5970@975/1200 (w) LINK

Nice score mate! Almost beating my setup :'(

Can't get to 1GHz on the GPU?

Unigene Heaven 2.5 - Dual GPU (ATI)

2002 Philo-Sofa - i7 860 @ 4.2GHz HT (a) - CrossfireX HD 6950 (shader unlocked) @925/1400 MHz (a) - Screenshot

A lot of effort to find how far my GPUs could go, but (just) managed to squeak in above 2000 :) Apologies as I took the SS after I'd taken off the Afterburner O/C (but assume that it's not gonna seem questionable to show a GPU clock less than stated ;) Is nice to edge out Nvidia for ATI in Heaven, albeit I sense a run from ~950MHz GTX 480s coming very soon...

Edited by philo-sofa

thanks morgoth i was rather happy to se 12k to :)

Unigene Heaven 2.5 - Dual GPU (ATI)

2002 Philo-Sofa - i7 860 @ 4.2GHz HT (a) - CrossfireX HD 6950 (shader unlocked) @925/1400 MHz (a) - Screenshot

A lot of effort to find how far my GPUs could go, but (just) managed to squeak in above 2000 :) Apologies as I took the SS after I'd taken off the Afterburner O/C (but assume that it's not gonna seem questionable to show a GPU clock less than stated ;) Is nice to edge out Nvidia for ATI in Heaven, albeit I sense a run from ~950MHz GTX 480s coming very soon...

ah nice so the 69## well an truly catch up

so 925mhz is there max? i have seen some cards doing ~1050mhz with a little extra juice and cooling how much extra v have you fed them?

lol gtx480 950mhz heaven would be nice but i think i would need some sub ambient weather to get near that and probably a bit more v to the cards

the old gtx480 dosent clock as well as it used to since nvidia drivers limited its v and the new card just dosent scale as well with extra v

i must be getting slack im not sure i can be buggered ducting aircon or flashing my cards to feed them a little extra v for maybe 25mhz more with some luck i will get a 925mhz heaven run out of them someday soon

ah nice so the 69## well an truly catch up

TBH my understanding is that on average a stock 6970 is a few percent below the GTX 480, so I'm guessing that Heaven must favour AMD hardware a bit given my relatively small O/C. Still, as you say it's satisfying to see the Red team be competitive, even if my heart is a bit green still lol.

so 925mhz is there max? i have seen some cards doing ~1050mhz with a little extra juice and cooling how much extra v have you fed them?

lol gtx480 950mhz heaven would be nice but i think i would need some sub ambient weather to get near that and probably a bit more v to the cards

the old gtx480 dosent clock as well as it used to since nvidia drivers limited its v and the new card just dosent scale as well with extra v

i must be getting slack im not sure i can be buggered ducting aircon or flashing my cards to feed them a little extra v for maybe 25mhz more with some luck i will get a 925mhz heaven run out of them someday soon

It took 1.25v to get them stable - once I managed to top things out in Heaven it was as far as I was really wanting to push them (as they say, don't overclock unless you can afford to replace the parts). My gut feeling is that with an unsafe voltage I could prob get to ~970MHz stably before hitting a wall; probably the effect of a lower binning than actual 6970s? Looking forward to the results of a > 900MHz GTX 480 run, I however have a 6990 briefly on loan with which to give Tri-Fire a go :D

Edited by philo-sofa

^^ Good sir, I cannot but help wonder what that extra 80 MHz core and 300MHz mem will do to for previous 3DM11 score; I shall see you on the field of harnessed electricity and tortured silicon! :)

Edited by philo-sofa

Sir philo-sofa, kind sir, you & I shall accompany Sire Mark84 and join forces under the Scarlet Banner on a crusade to put an end to the Heathenous Greens Knaves of which thou shall not speak,

NO MORE! I say verily unto you shall we be at the mercy of drivers which "chugg", for a new day dawns and the sun which rises that day is Scarlet Red!

The Greens dogs shall feel the back of my glove - mark my words!

Posted Image

[so Heaven wont "play the GAME" ATM - chuggs, but there will be a driver to outdate this preview 11.4 - Dear GOD there will be!............]

On the plus side it does 1004mhz so far no probs, but MSI does not recongnise the driver - so no voltage control there, yes I'v disabled ULPS in the registery, had to use Smart Docter for voltage of 1.25. Not my favorite programe.

New Gear

Edited by Bolter01

Looking good Bolter01.

I shall join thee under the Scarlet banner soon. My EK block was shipped yesterday from Europe, so hopefully get it next week some time ready for a weekend install.

Hows the temps going on it?

P9996 Bolter01 - 2600K@4.2Ghz (w) - HD6990@880/1250 (w) LINK

So there you go a 4 point difference on 4.2Ghz/ & 6990@OC stock

Drivers it is

Temps were 40 & 41 Max

Edited by Bolter01

Good luck breaking 12k :P

Scarlett heathens.(looks more like red to me!)

Nor am I required to Nuke, only to best you in Dual GPU combat tis more than enough a welcome challenge to keep me amused

3dmark 11 - Dual ATI

P10044 supam - i7 2600k@4.8GHz(w) - HD6970@960/1525(w) - http://3dmark.com/3dm11/988490

Posting as it's my first score over 10k there is more legs in the setup but I'm still coming to terms with everything.

Stock volts on the 6970 as I get artifacts with even the smallest volt increase in afterburner.

Brilliant supam more ATI goodness!

P10106 Bolter01 - 2600K@4.2Ghz (w) - HD6990@902/1272 (w) LINK

Maybe its not a matter of luck after all...

Edited by Bolter01

Improvement now that ram is sorted out somewhat.

3dmark 11 - Dual ATI

P11053 supam - i7 2600k@4.6GHz(w) - HD6970@1000/1525/1.225v(w) - http://3dmark.com/3dm11/990326

Interesting that the artifacts from overvolting are only in 2d mode.

Good luck breaking 12k :P

Scarlett heathens.(looks more like red to me!)

Nor am I required to Nuke, only to best you in Dual GPU combat tis more than enough a welcome challenge to keep me amused

Challenge? :P I'm not even trying to get a high score lol, my cards don't clock very well.

The best I can do without risking smoke.

3dmark 11 - Dual ATI

P11223 supam - i7 2600k@5GHz(w) - HD6970@1010/1530(w) - http://3dmark.com/3dm11/995893

3DMARK Vantage - Dual GPU

P39188 supam - i7 2600k@5GHz(w) - HD6970@1010/1530(w) - http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3067491

Unigine Heaven 2.5 - Dual GPU

1823 supam - i7 2600k@5GHz(w) - HD6970@1010/1530(w) - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/supam/Heaven1823.jpg

Raising the the bar for me all the time eh supam?

GR8 work! Excellent scores for ATI

I can see I'll need to do a lot of fine tuning

Edited by Bolter01

Raising the the bar for me all the time eh supam?

GR8 work! Excellent scores for ATI

I can see I'll need to do a lot of fine tuning

I was getting tearing in 11 and heaven at that speed. I tried higher but was getting some scary artifacting, whole screen breaking into primary colours sort of thing. Cards dont want more voltage either so I'm pretty much maxed unless i look at the bios again, but I've already wasted 2 evenings trying to sort through the bios. Happy with the speeds so I've dialed them back and actually installed some games. ;)