3dmark master

Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings

Thx! But really Titan price will drop soon I'm sure. He a project manager so he probably doesn't care about $200...

Maybe try fixed fan for both say at 70%? Not sure how loud that is but 60% is where I start to hear this one. When looping it got up to 87 and then started dropping mhz fast, hard to say to what since it was heavily depending on temp after 80c. Don't get me wrong, these Titans get hot but the one is under water and now don't go over 41c. Water is the way for both camps it seems. Id have look up what I was getting before water on my old ones.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Maybe try fixed fan for both say at 70%? Not sure how loud that is but 60% is where I start to hear this one.

It's a strange one.

The top card runs much cooler. To isolate whether it was a dud card, I moved the bottom card to the top position, but the problem remained the same - the bottom card gets very hot and throttles, whilst the other one can stay in the mid-80s.

It isn't an airflow problem, as the bottom card is actually right in front of a series of fans, so it gets better flow over it than the top card. A number of SLI/Crossfire setups over the years has taught me that it is generally the top card that gets hotter.

Something I noticed is that in GPU Tweak, I an unable to control the bottom card's fan speed independently. If I go to manual mode and click 100% it won't change at all. This leads me to believe that it is possible that the bottom card's fan isn't spooling up.

I might jump onto AMD forums and see what people are saying. Such is the cross that early adopters must bear I suppose!

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

Flashed both cards and with the latest and greatest modded bios... seeing over 17k now but I think Im having issues with my psu not quite strong enough with everything maxed out. Even looping at 1100/3200 with slightly lower volts at 1.187 and with my cpu at 4.5ghz Ive had shut downs after only a few loops in 3dmark11. Im going to try to move the one card to a different rail but not sure which spots are which rail, will need to do some research on this psu but its only 700w so Im probably close to its limit.... I so wish I went with 800w or higher now!

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Flashed both cards and with the latest and greatest modded bios... seeing over 17k now but I think Im having issues with my psu not quite strong enough with everything maxed out. Even looping at 1100/3200 with slightly lower volts at 1.187 and with my cpu at 4.5ghz Ive had shut downs after only a few loops in 3dmark11. Im going to try to move the one card to a different rail but not sure which spots are which rail, will need to do some research on this psu but its only 700w so Im probably close to its limit.... I so wish I went with 800w or higher now!

The spec sheet on the PSU should tell you which cables are which rail.

So looking at the back of this psu in this image with the 4 red slots, should I use the top two, bottom two, left two or right two?

http://img.ncix.com/images/55664_4.jpg

I havent tried all combination yet. If I put my cpu/gpu at stock, I can loop 3dmark11 and 3dmark13 x 3 times, so Im guessing Im hitting the limit possibly or maybe the psu is overheating.... Still testing but next was going to try the cpu at stock and OC the cards to see if it can do it.

But looking at techpoweredup, it says can peak at 263w, and possibly higher if modded bios is used up to 300w.. adding in cpu, 6 fans, 3 hdds, 1 ssd, dvd, and the water pump ...

I was thinking about selling my 7970 and getting a 290x but after seeing that they downclock when they get hot its probably not worth it, seeing as the 7970's overclock so well. Maybe ill just buy another 7970 and crossfire.

Hopefully they come down in price when the 780ti's launch.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

So looking at the back of this psu in this image with the 4 red slots, should I use the top two, bottom two, left two or right two?

http://img.ncix.com/images/55664_4.jpg

It appears to me as though the rails run vetically. You have two rails on the red side and should uses those. Use one vertical pair for one card, and the other vertical pair for the other.

I was thinking about selling my 7970 and getting a 290x but after seeing that they downclock when they get hot its probably not worth it, seeing as the 7970's overclock so well. Maybe ill just buy another 7970 and crossfire.

Hopefully they come down in price when the 780ti's launch.

I thought the 280x acted normal according to 7970 standards and does not use the new powertune that causes the throttling under heat.

Plus 280x shouldnt EVER be as hot as the 290/290x, Are you sure the 280x throttles..?

Just read some reviews on the new GTX780Ti's performance, quiet a nice card and an epic overclocker it seems. It's the new King of the Hill beat both the 780/titan & even 290X. At stock, and the gap gets even bigger since it's the best overclocking card out of the bunch.

For Firestrike Extreme

(4960X@4.6) had the 780 stock scored 4464, 290X stock scored 4945, 780Ti @ stock scored 5013. Then the 780Ti overclocked pulled 5950.

For comparison i gave extreme a run with my rig that only had a 2500k & SLI GTX 760s and max OC's i got 5385. Think I'm quiet happy with that considering the system they had vs mine.

3DMark - Firestrike

12,019 val0r0x - i5 2500K@4.6Ghz(a) - CF ASUS R9 280X DirectCUII V2@1090/1520(a)

Edited by val0r0x

did you upgrade from sli 670s to 280Xs? wouldn't the 670s be more powerful?

not bad your stock 280x gpu score is surprisingly close to my overclocked 7970

that model 280x is ~17% faster than stock gtx670 at 2560 maybe not what i would call a worthy upgrade unless he found someone that was paying a fair bit for the old cards but hardly slower

in this anandtech review 280x cf gets surprisingly close to gtx780 sli in a number of tests http://www.anandtech.com/show/7492/the-gef...780-ti-review/4

but obviously it gets spanked in others

Edited by Dasa

did you upgrade from sli 670s to 280Xs? wouldn't the 670s be more powerful?

I did. At 1440, there are a few instances where games became playable at Ultra, which weren't before with the 670s.

not bad your stock 280x gpu score is surprisingly close to my overclocked 7970

that model 280x is ~17% faster than stock gtx670 at 2560 maybe not what i would call a worthy upgrade unless he found someone that was paying a fair bit for the old cards but hardly slower

in this anandtech review 280x cf gets surprisingly close to gtx780 sli in a number of tests http://www.anandtech.com/show/7492/the-gef...780-ti-review/4

but obviously it gets spanked in others

Will post some new scores shortly, achieved after some tinkering. 2500K was running stock too, in that test. EDIT: Said link...

Yep, I realise the upgrade wasn't the biggest, as far as performance is concerned, but I did indeed manage to sell the 670s at a good price. Plus... it's new(ish) toys!

Edited by val0r0x

3dmark11

P10082 Noskcaj - Intel 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (a) - Powercolor PCS+ HD7950@1100/1590 (a)

metro

52.49 Noskcaj - i7 2600K@4.50GHz(a) - Powercolor PCS+ HD7950@1100/1590 (a)

val0r0x - nice score! Ill add you to the list for the game give away. Try to use the correct format since it makes it much easier to update :)

noskcaj - need to run Firestrike and Ill add you to the list too.

I think we are getting close to the 15 submissions now. Will try to update in the next few days.

Edited by gamble

new 3dmark11 score, i had to beat drawsome

P10797 Noskcaj - i7 2600K@4.50GHz(a) - Powercolor PCS+ HD7950@1215/1590 (a)

lol nice ^ thats the spirt!

Not really. Since then i've screwed up my OC to the point i can't get 10 seconds on furmark

EDIT - furmark crashes after 5 min, but nothing else does. Good enough for me

Edited by noskcaj

Guest xyzzy frobozz

My latest is 15411 on a pretty lazy CPU overclock of 4.3GHz.

Afterburner won't let me change GPU Core Voltage yet, so until that happens (apparently due soon), I'm not going to bother squeezing the CPU. When they unlock GPU Voltage I'll get stuck in. Afterburner allows the fans to hit 100%, Asus GPU Tweak will allow core voltage tweaking, but either can't do the other. Afterburner is the better of the two as 100% fan keeps the cores from trhottling. I managed this score in 1100MHz.

These cards have got a lot to give.

Posted Image

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

firestrike

7684 Noskcaj - i7 2600K@4.50GHz(a) - Powercolor PCS+ HD7950@1170/1610 (a)

WOO! best 7950.

Now to try and bench my VIA integrated GPU and my 7600 gt.

Guest xyzzy frobozz

Cracked 20646 in 3D Mark 11

AND...

16209 in Firestrike

Edited by xyzzy frobozz

wow you AMD guys are kicking some ass in scores! Sorry I havent updated, Ive been On call last weekend and then had a DR event tonight, been working for 14 days straight and havent even got a whole hr of bf4 in :-0

Edited by gamble