3dmark master

Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings

3Dmark11

Single GPU Nvidia

P3951 DishD -PII 955BE@ 3.8Ghz(a) -GTX460@850/1820(a) Link

Pretty decent score for a GTX460, WD mate.

Cheers Nuke, have been very happy with the oc's Iv got with the 460 and the 955 is just a bonus, bump the multi and smooth as butter =], i hope to get a lil more out of it yet!

Edited by dishd

Got bored, so i reran a few benchmarks since i changed my cpu/motherboard to a i5-2500k @4.5ghz (air) + Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4. GPU clocks where the same as the previous links/screenshots @ 950mhz/1450mhz on air

metro 2033

30.66 -- 0.33 point increase, so little increase that i didnt bother screenshotting it.

3dmark11

P5787 -- 947 point increase (300 odd points shy of gummywormz's 1000mhz core beast of a 6970)

3dmarkvantage

P24209 -- 2009 point increase

Unigine v2.5

994 -- 17 point increase

Only thing to get a noticeable performance boost from the cpu/mobo upgrade was benchmarks, all the other games i play get an extra 4-8fps on the min/avg/max, however load times have greatly improved.

As a side note, all my AMD benchmark scores where run with the ram at 1600mhz 6-8-6-24 1T vs 1872mhz 8-10-8-28 1T on the intel side, GPU speeds for both setups are identical @ 950/1450mhz. When i get alittle more time, ill rerun the same benches again but ill oc the cpu+ram alittle more and tighten the timings to see if it makes more of a difference.

Edited by nobodyishere

Its funny i just overclocked my 2 6970's from standard 880/1375 to 910/1440 and it made absolutly no difference in the Metro 2033 test, i got 57.67 on both the standard clock and the overclocked clock. GPU-Z shows a higher gb/s though.

Could likely be CPU bound? Try overclocking the CPU more on those settings.

Also, I'll update this soon.

Could likely be CPU bound? Try overclocking the CPU more on those settings.

Also, I'll update this soon.

Possibly but i doubt it. already at 4.7ghz i5 2500k. ill run it with the cpu meter when i get home.

Yeah. but seeing as i bumped the throughput of both graphics cards up by 20gb/s you would think that you would even see a 1/2 a frame difference. ill clock it higher on the weekend and see how i go. temps havnt budged on air yet.

NVM me, its an X score, not a P score anyway. Sorry bro! <3

I ran the P and it came in mid ranged in the rankings. Intel's perform so much better in 3dmark than AMD's..

NVM me, its an X score, not a P score anyway. Sorry bro! <3

I ran the P and it came in mid ranged in the rankings. Intel's perform so much better in 3dmark than AMD's..

They are only registering Performance in 3DMark, rerun your test and also throw up a screenshot. It makes it much more worthwhile.

just had my first run of Vantage with my new system (i5 2500K @ 4.8G/6870 etc)

score was:

P18194

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3619598

I'm fucking rapt in these new Corsair H100 coolers - 4.8G and it's idling @ 28c (28c-32c-29c-31c) under load (Vantage) it went up to 57c (57c-65c-61c-61c) which ain't too shabby for straight out of the box.

now to suss out 3DMark 11

Edited by osama_bin_athlon

3DMark06:

26346 3DMarks

http://3dmark.com/3dm06/16191405

now to do some further tinkering, I'm sure that the CPU could comfortably do 5G with acceptable temps etc, maybe even over, the fannage on the H100 isn't turned right up.....maybe when they update the BIOS......

anyway, time to see how far the RAM will go

and to see what the 6870 will overclock to - it has a sweet looking cooler with three fans, heatpipes etc, so there's potential there......

oh the joys of building a new comp

:D

oh, I ran 3DMark 2001SE, but there's no longer any way of verifying it online any more meh.

got 72908, out of interest.

not much movement around here....

I've overclocked the 2500K to 5G

and the 6870 is now running at 955x1100Mhz

3DMark11:

P4718 3DMarks http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2157867

Vantage:

P19113 3DMarks http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3632937

3DMark06:

27519 3DMarks http://3dmark.com/3dm06/16204938

I suppose I may as well do 2001, out of interest this time the score was 76257 3DMarks

I'm rapt that I've been able to achieve a stable 5g (no doubt it could go even higher......another night, I think)

might have to bring my 6970 over for a crossfire bench mark session yeah i know i,ll bring the beers too lol

might have to bring my 6970 over for a crossfire bench mark session yeah i know i,ll bring the beers too lol

yeh?

if you come over with beers, I will give you a brand new atomic Tshirt XXL size.

;)

Good scores Osama and grats on cracking 5Ghz :). I'd say your scores are pretty good for your setup so you shouldn't be dissapointed.

Good scores Osama and grats on cracking 5Ghz :). I'd say your scores are pretty good for your setup so you shouldn't be dissapointed.

why thankyou mr smak!

I owe it all to the brilliant i5, and the rather cool Corsair H100......I didn't really do too much - just changed the multiplier, then sat back and watched - even the shittiest of boards is brilliant......I wasn't very impressed with the Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 when I first set eyes on it out of the box (still not really) but, the fucker performs - I can see me getting something a bit better down the line