Sign in to follow this  
nesquick

The I couldn't wait for bulldozer any longer upgrade/build log.

So I finished building the machine tonight, very happy with how it turned out.

First off both donor machine and the new parts were layed out, this was also going to be a bit of a swap, the lian Li case will now become a general use family computer fulfilling the role the SG03 was doing, also I can add more Hard drives later on to it which is a plus., please forgive me regarding cable management, its shameful in both my machine and the other one but both were 5min assemblies, things will change in a minute though ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The SG03 was full of dust and crap so that all had to be cleaned out, I didn't feel like respraying the whole case just the mesh with some killrust as that was starting to rust.

Posted Image

Testing the GTX570 length, its true they fit but its fucking close to that fan, not looking forward to getting a second one in there, 1 was hard enough :/

Posted Image

Hide them cables under anything and everything! space is at a premium in small cases like this.

Posted Image

Hard drives in... check (those rubber grommets are nowhere near as good as the old style folding Aluminum trays) GTX570 in... check!

Posted Image

Mini thermonuclear reactor in to power the GTX570's... check!

Posted Image

the finished product... hmm I'd say time for a cold one right now but I don't drink anymore, its hard to hide a snake of cables this fat in an SG03 so I got them as high up out of the airflow as possible

Posted Image

oh and I got my chip stable at a bit lower vcore, 1.24 in bios, 1.184 under load, Eva2000 and Dinos told me once that LLC kills CPU's so ever since then I don't use it hence the rather high vbios.

Posted Image

sorry to anyone on dialup go make yourself some dinner while the photo's load :P

Edited by nesquick

Great build mate, nice work fitting it all into the case nice and tidy and very powerful. I'm sure you will be pleased with it :)

Looks tight!

Also about CPU killing, Linpack long stress testing deteriorates CPU's at an accelerated rate, can result in premature death.

Just don't use it for more than a few minutes of stability testing,

It's also arguable that Hyperpi is a better test for stability and loads the cpu more than Linpack does, as Linpack is just designed to burn in CPU's first and foremost.

yea I only use it to quickly check for stability, if it passes the 20sets then I can move on to other methods of prolonged testing.

nice build man! damn the GTX570 is in there tight! i usually finish the build off with vanilla coke :P

dont drink that much tbh. hate throwing up.