Sign in to follow this  
tunksy

New case, must be matx, post your suggestions opinions!

loking for a new case for my matx SB build. looking at the lian li V352B ($205) or lian li PC-A04 ($155) not really that worries on price as I'll have the money. does anyone own any of these, pros cons?

post your opinions or other suggestions!!

cheers!

You will love whatever Lian Li case you get, they are just so well made it puts everything else to shame.

I am using an SG03 for mine though simply cause I don't want a massive cube on my desk (V352B).

I'm currently using a Lian Li PC-V354B. PC Case Gear has it for $205

You can check out my build here

This case is pretty good with decent cooling 2 x 120mm front, 1 x 140mm top and 1 x 120mm rear. You are able to fit in the largest video cards by removing the HDD bay

Some things to consider with this case is

- that the motherboard tray is actually the side panel.

- if you tend to open up your case alot, then this case is not for you as there are 8 little screws on the side where you need to unscrew to open the side (unlike other cases where you unscrew 2-3 screws at the back)

- USB 3.0 is a pass through cable

- It has a built in fan controller (can control all fans in the case)

- The foot print is pretty big on this case, its basically short and stumpy instead of tall and thin.

I'm currently using a Lian Li PC-V354B. PC Case Gear has it for $205

You can check out my build here

This case is pretty good with decent cooling 2 x 120mm front, 1 x 140mm top and 1 x 120mm rear. You are able to fit in the largest video cards by removing the HDD bay

Some things to consider with this case is

- that the motherboard tray is actually the side panel.

- if you tend to open up your case alot, then this case is not for you as there are 8 little screws on the side where you need to unscrew to open the side (unlike other cases where you unscrew 2-3 screws at the back)

- USB 3.0 is a pass through cable

- It has a built in fan controller (can control all fans in the case)

- The foot print is pretty big on this case, its basically short and stumpy instead of tall and thin.

thanks for the post nessie.

corpus. very handy post been looking into that case too. duno why i didnt say as much lol. nice build log. thougth the side panel was the mobo try too. duno if a like that. bit more pondering to do yet. also H50 will more than like;y be my cooler for simpleness.

Quite partial to the little Antec NSK 3480

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MzM=

A couple of comments on it. The hard drive sits in the bottom of the case on rubber grommets so may block use of the bottom PCI slot (don't have one here atm to check).

A second hdd can be fitted in the dvd bay with the dvd if you use a third party adaptor, but I would be a bit worried about cooling of and HDD up there.

Case is opened by undoing two thumb screws at the back and then the top of the case slides back and the side panels can then be lifted vertically.

Should have room for a long video card as there is no drive cage to get in the way.

it's a very quiet case and surprisingly heavy for such a small case (thick steel and sound dampening material).

I have built 3 PCs for customers using this case and they all seem to be happy with it's compactness and appearance.

Yea its a great little case, the inclusion of the earthwatts PSU is a bonus as well.

tunksy its a shame you didn't put your gear up for sale here instead of ocau, I probably would of snapped most of it up, oh well cest la vie I got a SB system anyway :D

Edited by nesquick

Yea its a great little case, the inclusion of the earthwatts PSU is a bonus as well.

tunksy its a shame you didn't put your gear up for sale here instead of ocau, I probably would of snapped most of it up, oh well cest la vie I got a SB system anyway :D

haha damnnnnn hopefully i can get rid of this P55 board soon then i can start ordering and building.