h3viw8

vinyl "sticker" on rubber coated laptop lid

I got myself one of those very nice clevo horize P150's, it is a beast of a laptop, tho i realised when i took it out of the box, the rubber coating, its cool and all but i want to "decorate" my lid with a nice bio-hazard sticker. [i know it's played out, but i like it, i don't conform to whats popular]

I could go get one made at stickerman or where ever, but i found this nice one on ebay, only thing is it's vinyl, and i have no idea if it's will "stick" i know vinyl uses suction to stay adhered, i figure there will be no suction on rubber, hence my dilemma.

can anyone tell me if vinyl "stickers" "stick" to rubber.

i'm sure thats true, but the appeal of th evinyl, is that if i get sick of it, i can just peel it off and go another way.

im prety sure vinyl still uses glue

im looking into geting a vinyl plotter\cutter

should be fun if it all works out

Not too sure about your actual laptop but a lot of "rubberized" coatings contain silicon like the phone covers, this can be a problem for long term adhesion. The Matt surface will actually help vinyl to stick if you use spray tac on the sticky side before you apply it.

Note there are different grades of vinyl so if you are getting this cut ask the operator. There is also some super aggressive print vinyl products but the printed colours aren't as vibrant and it will still need to be profile cut.

@OP, if your planning on heading past South Brisbane any time soon I can get you a piece to try since I work at a sign shop, either that or head in to your local sign shop and ask for an offcut of vinyl..

edit: Actually just thinking about it, chances are its probably a vinyl covering anyway in which case it should stick really well.

Edited by Action Cheese

i actually got a vinyl sticker from a friend, there is some extra i'm going to try and stick on in an out of the way spot, if it works i'll go ahead and apply the sticker/vinyl once i get it.

thats for all the replys