Reb1rth.

[PC] The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

If its through steam you can.

I'm pretty sure the Steam version will be censored as well unless you get it overseas and have it gifted to you. I'm pretty sure there will be a mod or a patch to unlock it (something similar happened to the first Witcher when the US had censored sex cards and CD Projekt unlocked it via a patch to the Extended Edition).

If its through steam you can.

I'm pretty sure the Steam version will be censored as well unless you get it overseas and have it gifted to you. I'm pretty sure there will be a mod or a patch to unlock it (something similar happened to the first Witcher when the US had censored sex cards and CD Projekt unlocked it via a patch to the Extended Edition).

I know, I was answering Oracle's question about getting a refund on his pre-order, if its on Steam, he can get a refund.

From games.on.net!

Source: http://games.on.net/article/12463/GOG.com_...ry_IP_Detection

GOG.com removes country IP detection.

What's this? GOG.com have now entirely removed country IP detection for all purchases made using their service, and whilst not explicitly stated as such, it's a very timely, curious and awesome new implementation ahead of CD Projekt’s hotly-anticipated and price-gouged sequel, The Witcher 2. Basically, you log on, you digitally purchase your game of choice – possibly The Witcher 2, but you know, could be anything – and instead of messing around with VPN or proxies like a dirty hacker, you simply name your country of origin and pay up the amount attributed to it.

GOG.com’s Managing Director, Guillaume Rambourg, trusts you implicitly:

“GOG.com has always been about trusting the user. We’ve come to the conclusion that there are a number of issues with using a customer’s IP address to determine what offer they are being presented with from GOG.com. A good number of users can find themselves negatively impacted by a policy of using geo IP to set their region. For example, customers may be travelling when they want to purchase or download a game from GOG.com. In this case, automatic IP address capture might change the price or the content of the game they’re ordering (such as the default language of the installer). Further, geo IP data collection is not always right. IP addresses are not a perfect or unique identifier of location, and can report the incorrect region of users, particularly ones who are not using standard Internet connections. Finally, we’re always very sensitive of our users’ privacy. Effective privacy protections for our users means that any data that we don’t need to collect, we shouldn’t. We only need to know the country that you’re making this purchase from, so although we originally planned to use geo-IP to determine user’s location, we’ve decided to trust our users and let them inform us as to the correct region for their purchase.”

The change is now live for all purchases and pre-orders, so all you have to do is slip into ‘My Account’ and then go fiddle with ‘Account & Settings’ – voila. I never, ever thought I’d say this, but right now it feels good to be an American.

The change is now live for all purchases and pre-orders, so all you have to do is slip into ‘My Account’ and then go fiddle with ‘Account & Settings’ – voila. I never, ever thought I’d say this, but right now it feels good to be an American.

I feel like breaking out into the song "I am a real American" can't remember who its by though. I'm so glad I pre-ordered through gog now.

Awesome. Glad that I do have that citizenship of S.A.R Hong Kong. :)

I feel like breaking out into the song "I am a real American" can't remember who its by though. I'm so glad I pre-ordered through gog now.

I think you can just call that song "Hulk hogans entrance theme" and everyone knows what you are talking about.

I think you can just call that song "Hulk hogans entrance theme" and everyone knows what you are talking about.

I wouldn't.

I've got to hand it to the team @ gog, went to the website this morning and they have a message for those Aussies who haven't yet pre-ordered, Since the AU price is almost $26 more than the US price we are giving our Aussie customer a $26 credit purchase to anything on GOG.

Posted Image

They also have it for pre-download now for those interested.

Probably will pre-load the game tonight as I've registered and preordered it. :)

I've just purchased and have set up to start downloading tonight as well.

There is talk of a quite quickly available user patch which will fix the stupid Aus crippling. Will be waiting for that.

Roll on 17th May!

Looks like I'll be buying this off GOG or US steam on monday...

And I have Tuesday the 17th and Wednesday the 18th off, booyah!

Looks like I'll be buying this off GOG or US steam on monday...

And I have Tuesday the 17th and Wednesday the 18th off, booyah!

Yea same, cant wait..

I pre-ordered a copy through ozgameshop, with the added censorship to the oz version I hope it doesn't have any problems getting through Customs :S

I pre-ordered a copy through ozgameshop, with the added censorship to the oz version I hope it doesn't have any problems getting through Customs :S

I would be very surprised if they did pick it up, their first priority is dangerous parcels, food stuffs and drugs etc. It's likely to pass through a scanner or some sort chance of being sniffed by a dog and go straight through.

I've ordered a fair few RC games with no issue.

yea i literally just found out that oz version is censored...so i quickly pre ordered from game uk...40 bux cheaper and i won't be using the mouse/pad freebies anyway from eb pre order

thought i'd support local even if it was quite a bit dearer, oh well, at least it means i should receive the copy about the same time my motherboard comes back so won't have to sit there and drool over the box :-/

the government is doing a great helping me spend money overseas

I'm waiting for the damn pre-load to start on Steam! Argh.

What kind of top-end title has no pre-load these days?! :(

Looks like anyone grabbing this retail gets it first. GOG goes live around 2pm this afternoon while steam doesnt go live until 2am tomorrow morning.

What a farcical release.

While I own it on steam, with no preload I'm not liking my chances of downloading all 15gb by 8am tomorrow morning (6 hours for a 15gb steam download, yeah right) so my uncle is kindly giving to me, should have it by around 2pm today.

Edited by NukeJockey

Going to get my copy probably later in the day. Need to get through work before I can get it. :(

I've had the retail version for a week or so, and as of right now it's still not working.

It patched last night, but the online authentication is still not working. I'm guessing it's all going to go online at roughly the same time.

So rushing out to buy it retail doesn't seem to make a lick of difference this time.

I've got my download scheduled to start at 2:05pm. :)

Hopefully means I should be playing right on 8am. Yay!

Edited by Chaos.Lady

I've had the retail version for a week or so, and as of right now it's still not working.

It patched last night, but the online authentication is still not working. I'm guessing it's all going to go online at roughly the same time.

So rushing out to buy it retail doesn't seem to make a lick of difference this time.

considering im playing it now, and have been for a couple hours I guess you are having trouble authenticating it.

Cant give much away as far as story goes but the game looks amazing whole playing, the character models up close in cut scenes look a little low on the poly count but during game play (less zoomed in) look really good, the textures are awesome as well as the lighting effects. It runs really smooth and I am having no FPS issue at all on high settings @ 1920x1200 on a single 5870 and phenom 1090T.

Won't talk story yet but it would be cool if anyone else does if we use Spoiler tags.

Edited by Bundy