Reb1rth.

[PC] The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Apparently ESRB have rated Witcher 2 for the X360 and PC.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?C...keyword=witcher

There was a conjured rumour on another forum that it may be a surprise reveal for Microsoft at E3 due to the sword and axe decals on an E3 invitation

Does this sound plausible or is it imagination run amok on a simple clerical error?

Well its already known there will be a console release, this is no surprise. Time frame is the question.

Apparently ESRB have rated Witcher 2 for the X360 and PC.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?C...keyword=witcher

There was a conjured rumour on another forum that it may be a surprise reveal for Microsoft at E3 due to the sword and axe decals on an E3 invitation

Does this sound plausible or is it imagination run amok on a simple clerical error?

Well its already known there will be a console release, this is no surprise. Time frame is the question.

I had read some interviews where they expressed their desire to but I didn't know it was a definite developer decision, do you have a specific link I could read?

1.1 patch is out... Steam is downloading 9.3gb!

Ugh.

Last time I saw Steam do this, it was with ARMA II... basically redownloaded the entire game.

I gotta agree with Ashton Mills, this is a company that just gets it. This is part of a statement released by CDPR to explain the DRM rollback:

“Our goal is to make our fans and customers happy and to reward them for buying our game and DRM schemes does not support our philosophy as they might create obstacles for users of legally bought copies. Our approach to countering piracy is to incorporate superior value in the legal version. This means it has to be superior in every respect: less troublesome to use and install, with full support, and with access to additional content and services. So, we felt keeping the DRM would mainly hurt our legitimate users. This is completely in line with what we said before the release of The Witcher 2. We felt DRM was necessary to prevent the game being pirated and leaked before release. This purpose has been served, so we are pleased to let our users enjoy the full freedom of game usage they deserve.”

I knew they were gonna do this :-p

Edited by elvenwhore

More companies should do this. Once its cracked its cracked, theres nothing they can do about it, why keep punishing the legitimate users?

Bravo CDPR.

When I see companies like this, trusting the good will of their customers, it makes me want to go out and 'convince' those who have 'acquired' the game through other means to pony up.

The Witcher 2 may not be without it's rough edges, but it is a game totally worth every cent of the asking price.

I hope they have some additional DLC in the works, along with a sequel.

Already on my second play through.. and loving it :)

I hope they have some additional DLC in the works, along with a sequel.

Already on my second play through.. and loving it :)

Yea there is more DLC coming and a paid expansion.

A mate who works at EB gave me the mouse and mouse pad pack that came with the game as they had a heap of leftovers. What a piece of shit. I wasn't expecting much but it actually looked pretty good in the packaging. After I unwrapped it and plugged it the actual shitness of it shone through. Buttons that stick. Mouse wheel that is without a doubt the worst I've ever used. Short ass cord. DPI switch button that seems to do nothing. Pitty, the shape is actually quite good so if it only just worked it would have been a good score.

I got that mouse and pad too, gave it to my gf. I used it at her place but I hate it. Horrible shape, feels bad, bad side button placement -- especially the ones on the right side. DPI does work, it just has no indicator to let you know what DPI it's set on.

Side buttons seem overly sensitive at times, I accidentally press the rapid fire button often.

Cheap freebie, can't complain.

I know I'll be forever sticking with the trusty G9. :P

Finally patched the game up too 1.1 after having problems with the install. I contacted TW2 support and they told me to look in the "MY DOCUMENTS" Folder for a copy. So i ran that version and it worked. Seems strange why they did not tell players that a copy would be in that in location ,not in the downloads folder you have allocated. Got past the area i was stuck the keys seem more responsive and even graphics look faster and better. I can even save games more often now which is big help.

I got insta-bored after about the second or third fight playing the first one.

I need some convinving to stick it through and see if it opens up. The combat controls were annoying

or someone to invent a time machine to take me to 11.11.11

One month to the day, Chaos.

Not long now. :D

One of the main games I'm excited for this year.

I've been addicted with this game when I started playing it but it seems to be boring after several days. Now, I don't like to play with it. Assassins of Kings is a good game but not really appealing in the long run.

I was thinking may it was only about my attitude why I don't like it so I looked for reviews from other gamers but found out they also feel the same about the game after a few days of playing.

Here's one of The Witcher 2 reviews I've read that also shares my sentiments.

One month to the day, Chaos.

Not long now. :D

One of the main games I'm excited for this year.

I've been addicted with this game when I started playing it but it seems to be boring after several days. Now, I don't like to play with it. Assassins of Kings is a good game but not really appealing in the long run.

I was thinking may it was only about my attitude why I don't like it so I looked for reviews from other gamers but found out they also feel the same about the game after a few days of playing.

Here's one of The Witcher 2 reviews I've read that also shares my sentiments.

It's personal preference. I've already finished the game twice and have been trying to pull myself away from playing through it a 3rd time.

I pretty much love it, even with its odd flaws.

People appear to struggle with the difference between "not personally liking a game" and the "game being flawed".

There has been no exclusivity deal.

""The biggest lesson we learned from actually canning the whole project," says Gop, "was if we wanted to do it, we'd have to do it in house," and Witcher 2 is being done with an in-house team as an "adaptation," not a port. Does that mean that after the Xbox version is out, that same team will work on bringing the game to PS3? Gop doesn't rule it out. "We would love to," he says, before admitting that decision has yet to be made. But if you're worried about an exclusive for any reason other than a lack of resources, don't, says Gop. "No," he jokes, "Microsoft has not bought us.""

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/02/cd-proje...inging-the-gam/

I would guess the xbox is easier to 'adapt' to with their resources considering they are also working on the expansion and future DLC as well as console iterations and they aren't the largest of devteams.

Edited by Bundy

Patch 1.2 is out now, link; if you've patched to 1.1, the launcher should automatically update

Besides the fixes and changes, the preorder dlc are also included, and you can get haircuts in-game

Edited by sillysam