Sign in to follow this  
TheFrunj

[PC] Shattered Horizon Last Stand update

I got Shattered Horizon a couple months ago, but there were never any full servers to really get a sense of the gameplay. Sure was fun though!

Hoping the new singleplayer mode (multiplayer with bots) is enough to encourage people to learn the ropes and jump into multi.

And it's gonna be 50% off on steam for a week. Aww yeeeeah. Release as emailed to me:

Even though Shattered Horizon is now almost a year and a half old a small, dedicated community is keeping the zero gravity battlefield alive. Thanks to our retail publishers, word of mouth and the occasional special offer the game continues to sell. New players, however, can face a steep learning curve when trying to join the existing community of skilled players.

Today we'd like to tell your readers about Last Stand, a major update that adds the option to play all of Shattered Horizon's game modes in single player with and against bots. Previously, Shattered Horizon had been multiplayer only.

To celebrate this latest update, Shattered Horizon will be 50 percent off on Steam this week starting today around 17:00 GMT.

I bought the game a while ago myself.

Played it a few times and enjoyed it.....it was different, though I have so many games on steam right now i keep forgetting i have it. :/

Never, ever heard of this, looks interesting though! Might have to give it a crack @ 50% off o.O

Never, ever heard of this, looks interesting though! Might have to give it a crack @ 50% off o.O

The gameplay is pretty cool, it doesn't take that long to get used to fighting in three dimensions - though I definitely suggest you check out the controls first. I had no clue you could land on a surface for about an hour >.< Makes it so much easier to defend objects when you're not upside down.

I've got an arcade gamepad so it has the nice big buttons, I mapped the rotation of myself and the your thrusters and landing to buttons on that, so I could keep my hands where they were and use the gamepad buttons with my feet. Worked very very well and didn't require keyboard gymnastics to pull off moves.

Also when I used to play this heaps its great fun shutting down your suit and taking people out that way.