Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
UserInterface

Beats By Dre

What music do you listen to? You may find that Dr Dre gear isn't too good.

Just about everything.. I like these cause they are the most comfortable I have tried on.. bit expencive but I found the sound fairly good. In the shop I heard a bit of Nirvana some pop song and a bit of Dre, they all sounded ok to me.

I am not an audiophile but I was after something with the anti background noise thing as i will be using these on a plain the most.. and some that go over the ear as i find the on ear ones annoying..

I was looking at the QuietComfort 15 but they are $200 more. Way out of my league..

Edited by UserInterface

I just found out that they are $300 on the US apple store, but $500 on the AU store. so I guess that site\price should be fine.

lol, I have a brother in Canada so thought i would check the apple store there and they are $350.. wish they would just pick a price already..

Edited by UserInterface

I can't say Im very into sounds quality, but at the moment I just recently bought a pair of Sennheiser HD201's and they are amazing for 50 bucks. If anything I don't recommend Beats, simply because for the amount of quality and comfort that you can get in those will be found a lot cheaper in other brands. They look flash but pfft, you don't need to look flash if you were headphones. I recommend, personally, either looking into Sennheiser (if you want bass they give an amazingly good amount, much better than every other brand is what I've read from reviews of many of their models) or for pure overall sound quality, Audio Technia's, I suggest looking for a pair online for around the same price as the Beats you want. Personally this is just me, I find beats overpriced and very over hyped.

I can't even look at a set of 300 dollar headphones, I havent found any that sound that much better than my Sennheiser HD215s.

Beware of Ebay, I bought 2 sets and ebay cancelled both sales after I paid.

both sets arrived.

both fake.

Go the Bose for the planes.

I picked up a set on Saturday, paid $450, I have to say, they sound damn amazing, but do not buy them if you plan to listen to loud music on trains and buses, they leak audio like mad!

I picked up 2 pairs international, one for $350 these will come end of the week, and one for $400 with express delivery...

I like them, they did turn out to be a bit more plastic then i thought in the shop, as you get an annoying plastic on plastic sound when walking...

Over all though I think they are OK for $300, but wish that the shipping wasn't so much as it seems to raise the price to barely acceptable for this unit.

My biggest problem is remembering to turn it off, they should know when they are unplugged and disconnect the batteries but they don't so have gone through a set of batteries in less than a week with minimal usage.

However I am really just palling on using these on the plain so for me that is acceptable...

I got a pair of these for around a green note:

Posted Image

They sound fantastic, and do a wonderful job on planes. So good, in fact, that I bought a second pair so that Cheeky would stop trying to pinch mine on flights!

couple months ago i got a pair of alessandro ms1's, 150 bux from headphonics (local) with shipping or can get it directly from their US site for 100 USD, absolutely loving them, excels in rock, but so far does everything well for me

not a bass heavy headphone, tho do get punchy, quality bass

headphone is open and does leak like hell tho, so not really an outside headphone