Sign in to follow this  
the_13th

[360] Kinect Question

Okay, quick question. I have got my hands on the Kinect Sensor, but have an older Xbox. Can I still just run it through the Xbox? It didnt come with any power adapter and even if it did I dont see anyway for it to plug in..

Just thought id double check before being disapointed when I get home

Did you buy Kinect on it's own, or did you get it from a bundle with an Xbox 360 Slim?

The ones on their own have the cables necessary to connect to the older Xbox 360.

The ones bundled with the newer console does not have the necessary cables to connect to an older Xbox 360.

Did you buy Kinect on it's own, or did you get it from a bundle with an Xbox 360 Slim?

The ones on their own have the cables necessary to connect to the older Xbox 360.

The ones bundled with the newer console does not have the necessary cables to connect to an older Xbox 360.

2nd hand, technically it came with a slim model (so its not going to have come with one...)

Didn't even occur to me at the time I paid for it.. Just arrived in the mail tonight..

I guess I'll have to do some searching on ebay.

Thanks for the reply Morris

Edited by the_13th

What morris said. If you bought it second hand you may want to contact the seller and ask for the adapter. Then again if they were just seperating a kinect from their bundle, your screwed!

Baaa too slow!

Edited by phatbeat

What morris said. If you bought it second hand you may want to contact the seller and ask for the adapter. Then again if they were just seperating a kinect from their bundle, your screwed!

Baaa too slow!

Yeah', I'll just have to give Ebay a try... Thanks anyway though Edited by the_13th

Let me put it this way, I picked up just the sensor for $75. (including postage) So its still going to work out cheaper to have got it this way :)

Edited by the_13th

I'll be honest this happened to me. I got a free Kinect 360S bundle from work and thought to myself 'I cant be buggered connecting up a new console I'll just connect it up to my old XBOX'.....nope....

As it turns out, the 360S has a special powered USB port that powers the Kinect. They don't include it witht the slim because....well why would they? Buy the Kiniect seperately then of course it comes with the power adapter. Obviously someone has 'de bundled' theirs.

Well 2 mates who bought theres superately have the power xcables wasting in their boxes so I should be able to get my hands on one of them for next to nothing

Very lucky :)