Lambo

F1 2010 - Atomic Championship - Season #3

UPDATES - Please visit http://www.atomicf1.com - For all your Atomic F1 needs.

For all news and articles relating to the Atomic F1 world, visit Kikzs blog - http://blog.atomicf1.com/

Round 1 - Bahrain GP

Race recap -

Highlights -

- Lambo

Round 2 - Melbourne GP

Race recap -

Highlights -

- Lambo

Round 3 - Malaysian GP

Race recap -

Highlights -

- Lambo

Round 4 - Chinese GP

Race recap -

Highlights -

- Lambo

Round 5 - Spanish GP

Race recap -

Highlights -

- Ghost

Highlights -

- Qualifying Lap from Ghost

Highlights -

- Lambo

Round 6 - Monaco GP

Race recap -

Highlights -

- Lambo

Highlights -

- Qualifying Lap from Ghost

Highlights -

- Ghost

Round 7 - Turkish GP

Race recap - http://www.atomicf1.com/news/2011/5/30/tur...ins-turkish-gp/

Highlights -

- Ghost

Highlights -

- Lambo

Round 8 - Canadian GP

Race recap - http://www.atomicf1.com/news/2011/5/31/hol...triumphs-again/

Highlights -

- Lambo

Highlights -

- Ghost

Other Vids:

How to race around Monaco Lambo style -

Montreal Lap -

Monaco Lap -

Istanbul Lap -

Monza Lap -

Spain Lap -

Melbourne Lap -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For some time now we've been running an Atomic F1 2010 championship that is now entering its third season. The original thread is becoming quite big now (you can read it all here: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=36170) so to start season 3 off I thought it time to start a fresh thread.

We are also using the opportunity to recruit any new racers who would be interested in joining our competition. While there are a number hard core racers in our group there are also a number of casual racers. So no matter your skill level all are welcome to join even if you don't have time to compete in a full championship.

This season, numbers permitting I am looking at implementing a dual class system. Essentially the veteran racers who know the tracks well in class 1 (Atomic F1) and beginners, learners, casual racers in class 2 (Or GP2 as I plan to call it). This will fill up the grid, but also let everyone enjoy racing together but still giving the casual racers a championship to challenge for!

If you’re interested just post now! Season start date hasn’t been confirmed yet but looking in the next few weeks. All questions welcome.

Atomic F1 has its own website: www.atomicf1.com

Which all the news, video, results, stats, etc is posted.

Update: As Ben mentioned we don't allow traction control, ABS, breaking assists, or racing line. We do allow automatic gearboxes but not sure if theres anyone who would use that anyway.

As far as the cars allowed on the grid the max is 11. We don't use the Force India car in Multiplayer as it has a pit bug that would be very bad for the person who uses it.

So far I gather the following from the posts these are the people who are interested:

Atomic F1 Class:

Team: Red Bull Racing "AKA Group Force India"

Driver 1: Flouncy - Red Bull

Driver 2: Ghost - Lotus

Team: Force India AKA "Force Rancho India"

Driver 1: Lambo - Renault

Driver 2: Fredzfrog - Torro Rosso

Team: McLaren

Driver 1: Kikz - McLaren

Driver 2: bobaj0r - Ferrari

Team: Ferrari

Driver 1: Bollum

Driver 2: nobody813

Team: Williams

Driver 1: Hulkster - Williams

Driver 2: MacDude

Edited by Lambo

I'm in :)

Torro rosso :)

I would like to enter this for next season.

Season 3 (upcoming) or season 4 (the future)?

I'd like to be in..mind you I'm an extremely casual racer :) Played it once ,can't pass the qualifying part :/ heheeh but i'll keep trying

Count me in for GP 2 as i have forgotten most of the courses.

Edited by Bollum

Ringadingdong - line me up, point me at turn one and I'm in!

Team: Group Force India

Personal chariot: Red Bull

Class: 1

Lambo forgot to mention that when we race all cars are set to equal performance. So don't feel bad cos you have, say, a Lotus. Ghost proved that the even-Stevens in the game are fair and balanced.

e: Also worth mentioning that there are only 12 slots available. A few have already been filled (sorted out in the old thread). Praps Lambo could list those here so we can keep tabs. Express your interest if you see that we already have 12 or whatever - we had a few drop outs last season so there's a good chance you'll have a run.

Lastly - we take this seriously, don't sign up if you like a bit of bash on the track. We like to pretend we're real life F1 heroes living a silly fantasy vicariously via the game. And we get mildly cranky if someone larks around.

Edited by Flouncy

Hehehe. you want me to drive Lotus?

As in this kinda F1 car?

And I'll probably do that a lot :P

Edited by nobody813

As long as you're clean and careful (especially into turn one), and prioritize driving well over driving like you stole it everybody is happy.

e: I think the lotus is taken by Ghost. The McLaren is with kikz, Renault with Lambo. Fredz has the Torro and not sure about the others.

Edited by Flouncy

fredzfrog, as in the next one :p

Put me down for Group 1 driving the mighty Martin McLaren.

Grp2 could be just like real-life Karts, where the rookies tool around at the back. We'll just yell abuse at them as we come up behind to put them another lap down :p J/K potential group 2 racers. I'm sure if you've got a mic (and you should get one if you don't :)) you'll hear someone advising you well in advance, that you're about to be lapped, as sora3 got in the last race from Lambo and myself.

e:Perhaps we should have an automatic group 2. You can't qualify as being in group 2 if you get within 107% of pole time. If you don't, you have the option to chase group 2 points OR compete in group 1.

Edited by grazer

Ooooh. A 107% rule. Love it!

e: if we have a more-than-12 racers grid, perhaps apply the 107% rule based on season 2 times, to avoid mucking around with having a qually session then having to restart the session again. Or something that I'm not sure I understand what I'm talking about fully yet.

Edited by Flouncy

I will put my hand up to carry the flag of the Stallion. Since RBR is taken :-)

woohoo, fresh meat.

I would like to register my interest in this championship so I am posting now!

Firstly before we get all excited about rules etc. Lets see where we stand with numbers. Theres no guarntee I'd run two classes if there isn't the numbers.

Secondly for teams, I know your excited about Group Force India, but I have to allign that against a current team or else all my work on the backend is multiplied, so I'll align you against Red Bull Racing.

When I get home I will go through the details and update the main page.

I will put my hand up to carry the flag of the Stallion. Since RBR is taken :-)

So.. Your joining my team then? :p

e: if we have a more-than-12 racers grid, perhaps apply the 107% rule based on season 2 times, to avoid mucking around with having a qually session then having to restart the session again. Or something that I'm not sure I understand what I'm talking about fully yet.

If there's > 12 users registed for a race maybe we can use Time Trial times as "pre-qualifying" :)

If there's > 12 users registed for a race maybe we can use Time Trial times as "pre-qualifying" :)

Yeah but Time Trials are stupid useless bullshit waste of times that I don't ever do and you're the only one who takes them seriously apart from occasionally Lambo. Unless I have to. Which is cool if needed.

Lambo - I knew the might and glory of Group Force India would be undone by some stupid procedural regulation. The thrusting sword of India shall not be blunted! It lives on in the heart of me and maybe Ghost or whoever I team up with.

Edited by Flouncy

No we wouldn't use Time Trial as a benchmark for speed. I'd say if we get to more than 11 we worry about it then. So far thats 6 racers confirmed anway, so still 5 seats to go. We need to wait on Kikz and Ghost to see where their aligence will lie.

My personal feeling for an even constructors championship is for Kikz to join Ben, Ghost to join me. However that's purely up those involved. They might want to form their own team together!

I've updated the first post to reflect were everyone currently lies in terms of teams and cars.

I'd like to be in..mind you I'm an extremely casual racer :) Played it once ,can't pass the qualifying part :/ heheeh but i'll keep trying

It doesn't matter. The more the better.

Hang on which one are you Grazer?

Edited by Lambo

Hehehe. you want me to drive Lotus?

As in this kinda F1 car?

"Youtube Vid"

And I'll probably do that a lot :P

It flies really good. Nice stiff chassis. I have never got it that high, but I had it skipping over the curbs well.

And what about having the teams as a group A driver with a group B driver? If not, I'll go on any team. I hear Group Force India has the hookers and blow though...very tempting...

Grazer is one of kikz'z many, many Atomic troublemaker accounts. I'm not sure if he thinks it's stealth or not, or whether he knew he was actually logged in using that account when he posted.

When I was a mod, kikz and kikz'z accounts made up over 70% of all the posts on Atomic. It's true.

e: come on and join the Group, Ghost. Lambo will be alright. Besides, we're all just pretending the team championship matters. If you were a driver's championship contender in the final rounds I'd take you out for sure. Just jokes.

Edited by Flouncy

What do you mean "we're all just pretending the team championship matters"...I'm shocked. Fredz and I were a true team on the track last season. Well except for Brazil, I still have flashbacks of that race Fredz.

I just feel it would make for a tighter constructors series if we had, as Fredz pointed out, one driver from group A and one driver from group B teamed up. Providing the group B drivers show up for most of the rounds. I'm sure the group A drivers won't miss a race. Well, apart from kikz who could have troubles again.

No we wouldn't use Time Trial as a benchmark for speed. I'd say if we get to more than 11 we worry about it then. So far thats 6 racers confirmed anway, so still 5 seats to go. We need to wait on Kikz and Ghost to see where their aligence will lie.

My personal feeling for an even constructors championship is for Kikz to join Ben, Ghost to join me. However that's purely up those involved. They might want to form their own team together!

oh well, thought it an easy way to sort out those with the raw speed. regardless of how fabricated TT is, it's still a benchmark. Whats more it's a consistent benchmark, so a good place to test different driving styles with the same setup, knowing tyres and environment wont' change. That's why I use it. Not my fault everyone else sucks balls when it comes to pure pace :p

if we have to join 2 person teams, then that sounds good. waiting on bobaj0r too. he's got the game back on his pc now though he's trying to source funds for a wheel upgrade (from the xbox wheel).

Hang on which one are you Grazer?

Me. My work nic is grazer. we are gaming nerds at a gaming company so we use aliases 24/7 - that and most comms is done on IRC, even then everyone at work calls everyone else by the online name, from the Managing Director to the office 'admin' dude. the only time I hear my real name is when I come home. So I'm slowly transitioning my online identity to my work alias :)

lol at Flouncy. it's true. I've got so many 'alts' it's not funny. more than I can count on my toes and fingers. I started posting under grazer when I was at work (though the account is much older than my current job) the other one I've got a bunch of POTM nominations for is joeuno. - consider to the that the url in my sig in both this and the other account points to my personal blog... hardly trying to cover it up :p

Well, apart from kikz who could have troubles again.

hopefully not. most the races I missed were due to exceptional circumstances at the time, like my missus making arrangements for me :p Edited by kikz

Well, if we have to team up with a B driver - I'll take Lambo.

BAM!

Sure I could be your team mate, but I wouldn't want you to go all Mark Webber on me when I took your front wing off you....

Race 1. Turn 1. Me. You. Destiny. Whoever gets there first I predict will be the season 3 champion.

When do we start? I have nothing to do on Sunday nights now... Apart from eat and watch telly.