nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

Tanks for the vent server....

HAHHAAHH GET IT?

No. Permab& from vent :oP

Hehehe

And lol at your signature :P

When are the server restarts? Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Every oddly numbered day

See Opy, I didn't lie

Was there all along :P

:)

You is fat !

LOL

Lies. I've seen those pics on a British tech forum. You stole them. ;)

Hey, I told you guys I would start getting wins when you left. 3254 XP in my VK. Shweet.

Then 2K XP (and Sniper award) on Tiger.

Then KV got shattered by a Jagdpanzer. ouch.

Jagdpanzer is a nasty bitch :/

They get me every time, mind you, they are out-tiering my tank.

I'm not sure if I should focus on unlocking the IS or the T-34-85.

Disciplined myself to just use T-34 yesterday, and I'm starting to get used to it.

Dropped the 76mm down to the 57mm which does better penetration and higher ROF & accuracy, at lower damage, and it's starting to make more sense.

Holding back and doing a late-game arty/TD charge works nicely.

The T-34-85 looks really good, basically the same tank with more horses in it, and bigger guns, but then the IS is the heaviest tank with decent stealth in the game. Seriously, it's about twice as good as the US lights at hiding!

Hmmm.

I'm just starting to get bored with heavies, you know. I mean, it's fun to snipe, but slow turrets, slow speed. It's okay to be a real lynchpin, but then while the T-34 is frustrating, as a break-out exploiter it's so MUCH BETTER. assuming they don't have four TDs all camping their base :)

Agree! Agree! Tinbane.

T34 is great as an exploit machine, have really had some great kills pushing through gap and kicking KV's, in the balls, from behind.

The T34-85 is harder work until you get the 85 D5T, It's got got a good rate of fire and excellent penetration and damage for it's tier. I've had some great rounds with this tank and prefer it to the T34 because no matter what tier I get matched with, with that gun I can hold my own and contribute to the team. It does lack acceleration though, compared to T34.

With the little T34 lately, I've been thrown into games with several IS3's, and that is really hard to contribute meaningfully to the team, normally resulting in me getting pasted. Holding back a bit has been critical when matched like this, looking for little flank shots and then ducking and disappearing again.

Tye

Yeah, the T34 get's matched out of it's class, sometimes.

I've played games nearly entirely Tigers, IS3s, ISs, etc.

TBH, shots simply do too little damage, the best I can do is spot for arty and heavies. Unfortunately, the T-34 is much worse than the later T-4x and better tanks at hiding. In fact, the IS is better!

Because I've got the KV-3, I think I'll have some 100+ guns I can use on the T-34.

Is the IS more fun than the KV-3? Is it any faster? I don't have the KV-3 engine upgrade, but then it only gives me like 5% more horsepower, so I don't think it's worth the 11k XP. Rather save that for the IS or a cannon.

At least with the T-34-85 I can use some guns from the KV3 I KNOW will hurt the bigger guys.

Edited by TinBane

IS is so much fun compared to the KV-3

It's pretty much the same as going from a KV to a T-28, speed and mobility wise

T-34 was a hard tank for me to play, even when fully upgraded. Often found myself in really high battles, where even the 57mm gun didn't do much. I generally stuck with the 76, and just used He when needed.

The T-34/85 was a little easier, as it has much better armour and has the above mentioned guns just like the heavier tanks. I like how many of the guns are interchangeable (I used the 100mm gun which I unlocked on the KV-3)

Like bigtye said, it is a little slower than the T-34, so your strategy must change

Gonna try and unlock the KV tonight

Buying it is another matter entirely :P

Hmmmmm.

Maybe I'll still try for the IS yet.

I guess I'll get enough XP for the T-34-85 first, so maybe I'll see how well I resist it's charms.

On the plus side medium tanks aren't a whole heap of credits, and the russian mediums end up being the best from what I've read.

I had an almost eventual night last night

Unlocked the KV, SU-85B and Hezter, and bought a Panzer III

That Pz III, man, I got one shotted in the first 30 seconds or so :/

I forgot how bad it was

Bit of a question, as I haven't used one in ages:

75mm or 50mm gun for the Pz III?

New video for you all

I can't wait for this

A number of new and improved vehicles :)

For a complete overview of what will be updated/added/removed, read the thread here

EDIT: There is also a competition on, make a clan video

Edited by nobody813

I'll post the main stuff here

Added new vehicles: premium heavy Lowe and KV-5, KV-13 and Pz38NA, tier 8 SPGs: Object 261, GW-E serie, T-92.

There are already some videos on YouTube of these tanks, and some of them look to be quite good

Just unlocked my T-34-85 last night.

Just as with the KV, the 122 (same gun) is useless, perhaps even more so.

The tank itself feels faster than the T-34, although it might simply be faster acceleration, faster turning, or the fact it plays more like a heavy in terms of firepower :P

I'm running the first 85mm cannon on it.

I might try and skip past most of the unlocks for it, and hone in on the next tank :), because apparently it's a whole lot better.

I am not sure what side has better armor or firepower yet. So far i like the german and ussr tanks and been busy training up crew up too about %65 on my german p38t . I bought a arty the su-18 not very good for upgrades but at least you speed train the crew on that. Finally at last worked out how the targetting system works such a pain but anyhow i am knocking down 2-4 tanks in each game now. Some maps are large and painful now like the desert one with no place to hide. Anyone reading this thread and not playing yet should give it a go its turning out to be a good mmo.

codecreeper, you may have read in an earlier post, I actually use a different mouse for arty. Flicking speeds on a mouse is something I've never really had to do for gaming, but now I'm doing it on both mice, each set with their own speeds.

A slow mouse is good for snipering from a tank.

A fast mouse is great for zooming all over the map when playing artillery. I find using Ctrl and then right click on the minimap to get to a desired area is less efficient for me personally.

If you care for a minor tip when playing arty (also handy for other vehicles)

When you are focusing on an area to help your team in an assault or defence you may be curious to see what the other red dots are but do not want to have to start the aiming process again on your focused area when you come back.

Hold the right mouse button down and zoom around to your hearts content. If you do find something that you want to aim at just let go of the right mouse button.

Expect people to abuse you for not supporting them. If you use the method above then you probably have a better idea about what is going on than they do and you can see where you are best used and where you are limited. A lot of people will say things like "Support me" or "Arty, take our that heavy" and you have no idea where the person is so you have to waste 20 seconds finding them and you rarely have that much time to spare.

If anyone here is calling for arty support, give the coordinants please. I will ignore you unless I have no particular target already.

Clicking an area to highlight it helps, but it means little without some sort of action detail.

codecreeper, you may have read in an earlier post, I actually use a different mouse for arty. Flicking speeds on a mouse is something I've never really had to do for gaming, but now I'm doing it on both mice, each set with their own speeds.

A slow mouse is good for snipering from a tank.

A fast mouse is great for zooming all over the map when playing artillery. I find using Ctrl and then right click on the minimap to get to a desired area is less efficient for me personally.

If you care for a minor tip when playing arty (also handy for other vehicles)

When you are focusing on an area to help your team in an assault or defence you may be curious to see what the other red dots are but do not want to have to start the aiming process again on your focused area when you come back.

Hold the right mouse button down and zoom around to your hearts content. If you do find something that you want to aim at just let go of the right mouse button.

Expect people to abuse you for not supporting them. If you use the method above then you probably have a better idea about what is going on than they do and you can see where you are best used and where you are limited. A lot of people will say things like "Support me" or "Arty, take our that heavy" and you have no idea where the person is so you have to waste 20 seconds finding them and you rarely have that much time to spare.

If anyone here is calling for arty support, give the coordinants please. I will ignore you unless I have no particular target already.

Clicking an area to highlight it helps, but it means little without some sort of action detail.

For mousing i tend to use the keyboard it seems to be faster too. With Arty's i noticed they have to stay back in the field almost on your base flag ,with little support you die fast and get yelled at. I ignore idiots in the game now ,it seems better just do what you can and make the best of it. I found after you launch a few shots its best to move somewhere so Tanks and enemy arty's cannot find you. Some maps are a sheer pain in the butt for arty's like the city ones ,the buildings seem to interfere with you. I noticed that with targeting you have to watch the line if its green then you are ok ,if its red then its not a clear shot. But if its grey its out of range.

Yup, it sounds like you've already picked it up. It's not very complex. It is easy to forget to keep moving for me. After the first quarter game I am too focused on targetting to remember to move. So I get slammed by arty a lot if the Leopard, Stug or Luchs doesn't catch me first.

Upgraded guns usually double your range. Radio and gun are first priority I think.

Good tip. Trying to find someone (including when you are a tank, platooning with mates). Hold down alt, and it shows their tank icon and name above their heads.

Hard to read at 1024X768 though :P~

haha, if you are in a platoon and one of them wants your attention, tell them to hold their talk button for a while (Q by default) and a coloured speaker will appear above thier vehicle. This made me giggle when I first saw it.

It can be handy at the start of the game to see where your mates have spawned. Well, unless your mate in TinBane, as he doesn't connect until 2 seconds before game start anyway. Haha. Hope that better connection comes in soon TB :)

Fuck you :P~

3G doesn't really support voice chat, and it'll probably lag my internet just displaying the icon :P~

Yeah, set to connect on the 24th!

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Then I'll be back on the intertubes again at 20Mbit, with a 200/200 GB limit :)