nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

What screen sizes do you guys play in? I stick with windowed mode at 1024*768. Seems to be more clearer and you can pickup when someone is using the backdoor into your computer.

Just unlocked my T-34-85 last night.

Just as with the KV, the 122 (same gun) is useless, perhaps even more so.

The tank itself feels faster than the T-34, although it might simply be faster acceleration, faster turning, or the fact it plays more like a heavy in terms of firepower :P

I'm running the first 85mm cannon on it.

I might try and skip past most of the unlocks for it, and hone in on the next tank :), because apparently it's a whole lot better.

Interesting. I found the 122mm quite nice on the KV, though it suited my drivign a lot better than the 76mm

haha, if you are in a platoon and one of them wants your attention, tell them to hold their talk button for a while (Q by default) and a coloured speaker will appear above thier vehicle. This made me giggle when I first saw it.

It can be handy at the start of the game to see where your mates have spawned. Well, unless your mate in TinBane, as he doesn't connect until 2 seconds before game start anyway. Haha. Hope that better connection comes in soon TB :)

Hehe, when I want the attention of my platoon, I usally ram them, then do a dance in front of them

Occasionaly I'll get a response :P

And then there will be much pwning.

There will be

And I bet first battle TinBane will be on the opposite team :/

What screen sizes do you guys play in? I stick with windowed mode at 1024*768. Seems to be more clearer and you can pickup when someone is using the backdoor into your computer.

I use a 22" LCD @ 1920x1080 full screen

This may change soon, as I'm thinking of bringing my old Samsung 172x upstairs and using it as a secondary monitor, so I may have to go windowed

Oh and codecreeper, what name do you play under? If you like, I'll add it to the opening post

Be good to have more clan members, ir just more people to platoon with

Edited by nobody813

I always play every thing full screen.

1680x1050 normally.

5040x1050 when I get the urge.

My name is Zygon. Please don't shoot me. Just upgraded to the P-38(t) on the german side. I am finding now that the crosshair is coming in very handy now with Armor Pen. ,most shots now are orange as i am going up against heavy tanks. So i evade them and hide.

Just unlocked my T-34-85 last night.

Just as with the KV, the 122 (same gun) is useless, perhaps even more so.

The tank itself feels faster than the T-34, although it might simply be faster acceleration, faster turning, or the fact it plays more like a heavy in terms of firepower :P

I'm running the first 85mm cannon on it.

I might try and skip past most of the unlocks for it, and hone in on the next tank :), because apparently it's a whole lot better.

Interesting. I found the 122mm quite nice on the KV, though it suited my drivign a lot better than the 76mm

KV is a very different barrel of fish.

The KV can carry the 122, because it's a tank.

The T-34-85 has 45mm armour all around (albeit sloped).

The 122 does a lot of damage, but you don't tend to get a second shot off. I prefer a gun that will reload so I get a second shot while doing a drive by, before I move out of sight (if there's enough cover).

The 122 also doesn't have an AP round.

With the 85, an AP round can go through the back of a KV2 turret and do more damage than the 122 rounds. And from further away, with it's 0.37 accuracy, vs 0.5 (which is REALLY bad).

Good point

Different tank

Now that I think of it, the 122mm was a POS on the T-34/85 :P

codecreeper, I'll add you to the OP now

Ask opy and TinBane about the clan and vent (chat) server, if you are interested

I'm up to StuGIII in the German TD line, and working towards my KV via the T28, but the tank i'm really enjoying is the PzKpfw 38 (t). It seems to tier nicely, usually getting slotted in at the top with a lot of juicy Cunninghams and MS-1 targets to fire at, usually can snipe 3-5 targets with the extraordinary 4.7cm gun.

Fun times :o)

As seen in the launcher, the latest patch will be here on the 17th (oooh, today :P)

Server will be down for 9hrs

Can't remember the exact time that period will start, but I'm hoping that it'll be while we are asleep

Yeah, the PzKpfw 38 is overpowered, against the vehicles it gets matched with. Maybe it has some drawbacks, but from playing against it it's ROF, damage, accuracy and armour are great.

Another tank I'm really coming to think is overpowered, is the Matilda.

Sure, it's slow as a heavy, but it's really a pocket-heavy, rather than a medium tank.

Against most mediums, short of the VK3601, it's easy money for the Matilda.

It seems like there's a real lack of hardcore medium tank players in the Russian line. Which is interesting, because they are so damn good (mediums in general).

It seems like people prefer to play a heavy or a TD.

Edited by TinBane

Mate of mine installed last night. When he's out of his meeting I'll let him know he has to patch tomorrow. :)

Can someone link up the patch download when it's up?

I want to DL it before I get home to 3G :p

Can someone link up the patch download when it's up?

I want to DL it before I get home to 3G :p

As soon as it as avaiable, it'll be in the OP

I may not be the first to see it, so could someone spam me and I'll update to OP :P

Nob, I'm thinking we wait until 5pm and then post a link. Cause we are good friends like that.

Nob, I'm thinking we wait until 5pm and then post a link. Cause we are good friends like that.

Hehehe

I reckon the patch will become availabel sometime early tomorrow morning (maybe 6 or so)

With the tech trees do i research the main tank tree first? As i am playing PzKpfw 38 now. All these builds and research is now confusing me in what direction i should go. I like the SPG's and Tanks ,tank destroyers seem very weak.

TDs are interesting.

If you think of Medium tanks as Assault troops, and Heavy tanks as heavy infantry, then your TDs are snipers. They have a low profile, which makes them hard to spot, and some pretty good cannon. The trick is to work to their strengths; hang back in cover and pick off damaged opponents, or team up with a heavy or a couple of mediums to be able to use bounding fire as you advance across a map.

Very much depends on your play style in this particular game.

It is definately worth experimenting in all areas for a while to work out what is the most fun for you.

I like playing sniper in other games, especially solo games. But the TD didn't really work for me. I felt I was sitting there hoping a target crossed my line of sight otherwise I was not contributing.

I'm bad at jumping in for the fire fight in all games, but I mostly play the charging front line tank. A fast death can still get XP and I can switch to another vehicle (it is impossible for me to run out of spare tanks right now)

Being target number one for the enemy is really not my thing, and yet I find I'm a better arty player than anything else.

So you can ask us all you want, but really you need to give yourself a couple of weeks to find what suits you best for yourself.

Every single tank has it's purpose. ( the T1 Cunningham is there for comedy reasons for example )

been smashing this recently and loving it. So far I have an Su-18(quite fun and interesting to learn arty) a panzerjager1 (TD) a T2 medium tank and M2 medium tank.. its taking me a while to get to tier 3 because i'm finding what I like best.. and so far its a bit of everything :P

been smashing this recently and loving it. So far I have an Su-18(quite fun and interesting to learn arty) a panzerjager1 (TD) a T2 medium tank and M2 medium tank.. its taking me a while to get to tier 3 because i'm finding what I like best.. and so far its a bit of everything :P

Good to see new players as always :)

What name are you gaming under?

Oh, and apart from the servers being down, with the release of v0.6.4, v0.6.5 has been announced

Currently in development v.6.5 update. Preliminary patch notes:

New map Redshire (working title, subject to change)

New map Mannerheim Line (working title, subject to change)

US tank destroyers line: Т18, Т82, Т40, M10, M36, T25, T28, T95

New tank M46 Patton, a substitution to M26 Pershing as tier 9 US medium tank. Changes to US medium tanks line according to the revised US tech tree

Multiple bug fixes and improvements to v.6.4.

ETA - end of June - July 2011.

That above info came from the official WoT Steam group

Well that makes it easier for me to answer the mother's questions about what I want for birthday/Christmas ;)

Mum, just buy me gold !

Got Tantryl into a few battles last night. He got bored a few battles though. I forgot how crap the starting tanks are without upgrades and whatnot.

Might be best to send him a clan invite anyway.

Man, I was hoping for the ability to transfer gold between accounts, rather than the ability to buy gold for another account :/