nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

OP updated with Bigpond downlaod links

Please tel me if any other Australian ISP has their own file service, and if WoT downloads are there

So, are we signing up for the Clan Wars thing? I fancy dominating Europe...

I haven't looked at it in enough detail yet... but there are clans with only nine people signed up for it.

I hope so. Gotta get 15 users on though, don't you, to fight in clan wars?

Yes

I have a few mates who play it, so we may be able to get up to the 15 users

1 (possibly 2) are users here

I hope so. Gotta get 15 users on though, don't you, to fight in clan wars?

Yes

I have a few mates who play it, so we may be able to get up to the 15 users

1 (possibly 2) are users here

Could always source another smaller sized clan and strike an alliance.

What tier do these clan battles involve?

Enjoyed getting my first kills with my T5 german tank last night after upgrading the gun. The things still slow as shit but I guess thats what comes with the heavier tanks...

Could be a good idea to make an alliance

I'l also like it if we could have 15 in our own clan

Should go on a recruitment run :)

Just checked

We have 9 members so far

If I can annoy theshaun enough, we'll have 10

That's one area where a problem is, we barely have 15 Atomic members that play the game

Would it be an okay idea people who are invited must be an Atomic member, or friends with people on here?

I did think seriously about writing a boxout in my WoT review asking folks to seek us out here :)

I did think seriously about writing a boxout in my WoT review asking folks to seek us out here :)

Review, where??? 125???

Issue 126, the one we're working on now :)

Ah cool

Still haven't got 125 yet...

I reckon the boxout is a good idea

Edited by nobody813

Be sure to drop names your clan mates in said review mainly so I can feel like a celebrity!

Boxout FTW :P~

Hopefully just putting a review of WOT in will boost membership on Atomic.

It would be great to field a clan team of atomicans, in one of the lower tiers, and then work upwards, or something.

Also, if you want to comment on how playable it is on a shitty Vodafone 3G modem and integrated AMD 4150 or whatever, it is playable. You can definitely win stonewall awards (if you own a churchill, and get the crap pounded out of you :P ), but you can also get reaper and sniper awards too :)

Be sure to drop names your clan mates in said review mainly so I can feel like a celebrity!

:)

I'd like that

Just checked - it's already PDFed and my designer would KILL ME if I asked him to re-do it.

Perhaps an article of the site?

Just checked - it's already PDFed and my designer would KILL ME if I asked him to re-do it.

Sorry to ask, but was that meant to be "on" instead of "of?

If it is, that'd be cool too

Otherwise, I don't understand :/

So, are we signing up for the Clan Wars thing? I fancy dominating Europe...

So far, in our little platoons, I have noticed that we occasionally play well but very often are the first 3 people to die in the game. (yeah, my bad. Sorry)

We may need to work on that before we start battling other clans.

On the other hand, if we wait too long, other clans will have learned how to work with each other and we will not have had the opportunity to even practice.

Perhaps we should have some practice battles?

Anyone can make them, then we can all get on that match "practice" (and have fun too :P)

What an awesome evening

Platooning with Opy and TinBane was fun

I constantly used my BT-7, as I was trying to get rid of it

I'll say this, that was the first time I have ever enjoyed using that tank. Even when getting killed from getting smooshed between the edge of the map, and a slowly reversing KV-3 :P

And now that the platoon is closed, I HATE IT!!!

:P

.... used my BT-7, ......

... getting killed from getting smooshed between the edge of the map, and a slowly reversing KV-3 :P

That was so funny. I hope I never forget the moment.

And I didn't even see the death, just saw you sneak in behind a tank almost half your size and it slowly reversing into you with a cannon the size of one of your crew slowly traversing around. I lost my camera angle at that point and just saw that you were dead.

I need to set up some recording software and get you to do an action replay for me. haha.

An article on the Atomic site would be awesome. This game has got me to drop WOW and is nearly all I play. It also has a good balance of free to play and pay to play. Looking at the BF free to play model I was appalled, paying $12 gets me a gun that does 20-30% more damage, at longer ranges and with a bigger clip. Hard to beat pay to win players with that type of model.

WOT has managed to make a model where free players have the same equip as premium they just have to invest more time to grind up to the big levels or stay at mid tier games. Eg getting to a tier 5 heavy is very doable on free to play, I did it in beta without gold, and you can play many matches as king of the hill. A tier 3 heavy also tends to have many games at the top of it's pile and is even easier to unlock all upgrades on.

With the industry searching for different payment models, WOT seems to have found a viable alternative to big cash upfront or monthly subs. Firefall by Red5 looks like going a similar way, which should be great. The key to this is not just the payment model but the way "upgrading" is built into a game from the start.

Sorry, got carried away with my rant, bored my wife with this dialogue last night too.

Tye