nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

The timing of the occurrence of lag during tank fights was messing with my equilibrium somewhat.

/ the above may contain understatement

Yeah we watched that already thanks noby :) ... Had a good evening and session just now in tanks.

Am really warming to the KV-3 with the big gun. Is very satisfying. Scored Reaper in one of my battle today.

Started getting back into this. Loving the Cromwell. Just loving it.

Should I get the engine + suspension upgrades on the next english tank, or high-tail it into the centurion?

The game is a lot more polished than when I was last playing it solidly! And SEA servers seem to have improved in terms of player quality. Or maybe my expectations have fallen, having played lots of DOTA2 pubs :P

Started getting back into this. Loving the Cromwell. Just loving it.

I have two tanks I'm not ever, never selling. As above the cromwell, and the other is the wolverine ... just love that tank to bits :P

Also, I recently bought the comet and I don't mind it at this stage, way too early still to give a definite vote. I want the centurion

very much ... but am scared cos my time on a premium account is finished ... I need lots of capital !!

Always alway always research everything for a tank. It's ok to skip tanks that are known duds but any tank that is decent, get all the gear for it.

Yeah, Wolverine and Hellcat are just plain fun.

ReapermanRS: Guess that's what I'm asking. Is the comet a dud? It sure seems like one. It's up against tanks like the T43(?), IS, etc. But it's got thin armour, is slower than my cromwell, and 130dmg per shot just isn't cutting it anymore at that tier.

Yeah, Wolverine and Hellcat are just plain fun.

ReapermanRS: Guess that's what I'm asking. Is the comet a dud? It sure seems like one. It's up against tanks like the T43(?), IS, etc. But it's got thin armour, is slower than my cromwell, and 130dmg per shot just isn't cutting it anymore at that tier.

It's more challenging to play because it doesn't have the straight line speed that the Cromwell does, it is however good training for the Centurion and it's by no means a dud. Here's my British medium stats for comparison.

Posted Image

As you can see it's slightly worse in comparison to both the Cent mk1 and the Cromwell but by no means abysmal. I plan on buying it back at some stage in the near future to see if I can improve now that I'm a better player.

That makes me wonder why i bother playing at all with a 49% win rate... ffs

Im clearly doing something very, very wrong....

Edited by kralz

That makes me wonder why i bother playing at all with a 49% win rate... ffs

Im clearly doing something very, very wrong....

me toooooooooooo

Fun > Win rates.

But, yeah, you'll generally have more fun if you're winning.

ReapermanAssHat does have the advantage of always platooning and always with good players.

I managed to play the day the Japanese came out and haven't played since. GF is off holidays now, so I'm hoping to get some games in next week. Bah, gotta redo my mods again.

Love the new avatar Reaps. I used to love the intro to Z.

Oh, found it.

z is an gret old game! Was nice break from the rts's based on mining resources... I remember there was a demo where all the units swear when they're getting attacked! I've actually got z installed right now! :P

The most enjoyable game i've played is still the first comand and conquer though, no game has ever drawn me in and made me excited to play like it did, even the dos install was awesome! By far the best game install i've ever seen, which sounds weird, but i've yet to see another developer put that much effort into a game installation... RIP Westwood

Back when games were primarily made to be enjoyed, not driven by profit hungry publishers that churn out a different copy of the same game every year...

Managed to get to 400/700k xp for the is6 mission and gave up. no is6 for me...

Edited by kralz

Fun > Win rates.

But, yeah, you'll generally have more fun if you're winning.

ReapermanAssHat does have the advantage of always platooning and always with good players.

I managed to play the day the Japanese came out and haven't played since. GF is off holidays now, so I'm hoping to get some games in next week. Bah, gotta redo my mods again.

Love the new avatar Reaps. I used to love the intro to Z.

Oh, found it.

Had this avatar for about four months, you are bad @ forums. Also been soloing lately, in arty because I hate myself.

z is an gret old game! Was nice break from the rts's based on mining resources... I remember there was a demo where all the units swear when they're getting attacked! I've actually got z installed right now! :P

The most enjoyable game i've played is still the first comand and conquer though, no game has ever drawn me in and made me excited to play like it did, even the dos install was awesome! By far the best game install i've ever seen, which sounds weird, but i've yet to see another developer put that much effort into a game installation... RIP Westwood

Back when games were primarily made to be enjoyed, not driven by profit hungry publishers that churn out a different copy of the same game every year...

Managed to get to 400/700k xp for the is6 mission and gave up. no is6 for me...

Z is great, didn't like the second installment though.

7 games, 2 wins. Apparently a 500 ping is NOT a good thing.

Sounds like a normal afternoon to me :P

7 games, 2 wins. Apparently a 500 ping is NOT a good thing.

Sounds like a normal afternoon to me :P

2 wins?

Sheer Luxury!

My goal for this year: Get a damn tier 10 tank

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I've said that most years haha

Edited by nobody813

My goal for this year, get 4 more tier ten tanks for when tank locking comes in, make 65% True WR, Ace every tank I've played.

Tank locking?

EDIT: Found out what it is, and thankfully it won't affect me :-P

Hopefully when I get back into it there'll be people to platoon with. Miss the late night shenanigans haha

Edited by nobody813

Tank locking?

Hopefully when I get back into it there'll be people to platoon with. Miss the late night shenanigans haha

Well spit it out then boy, wtf is tank locking :)

Tank locking?

Well spit it out then boy, wtf is tank locking :)

Basically when you go into a CW battle the tank you used for that battle will not be available for use (locked) in CW for 24 hours.

This means that for clans to be competitive they need players will multiple tier 10's.

Also hi all.

I have not been tanking well, WoT tanking any way for quite a while now since I have been War Thunder tanking amongst other things.

Edited by mohawk