nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

Tank locking?

EDIT: Found out what it is, and thankfully it won't affect me :-P

Hopefully when I get back into it there'll be people to platoon with. Miss the late night shenanigans haha

Well spit it out then boy, wtf is tank locking :)

Basically when you go into a CW battle the tank you used for that battle will not be available for use (locked) in CW for 24 hours.

This means that for clans to be competitive they need players will multiple tier 10's.

Also hi all.

I have not been tanking well, WoT tanking any way for quite a while now since I have been War Thunder tanking amongst other things.

Thanks Mo. Since I've been a massive number of CW battles, one, it doesn't really impact me :)

How does WT tanking compare?

Tank locking?

wtf is tank locking :)

Basically when you go into a CW battle the tank you used for that battle will not be available for use (locked) in CW for 24 hours.

Only if it's destroyed in battle. If it's not then you're right to keep using it as many times a night as you have battles. Also they lock for different lengths depending on what they are. Foch 155s and WaffleTractors are about 72 hours IIRC.

Tank locking?

wtf is tank locking :)

Only if it's destroyed in battle. If it's not then you're right to keep using it as many times a night as you have battles. Also they lock for different lengths depending on what they are. Foch 155s and WaffleTractors are about 72 hours IIRC.

http://inception.davepedu.com/

:P

LOL Reaps.

Mmm the new patch just may draw me back to WoT.

I really like to idea of nation vs. nation battles as this is a step towards historical battles which is what I really want.

About time crew management was made easier then the bloated system we have had to put up with since the beginning.

Any tank that's considered OP in it's tier will be seriously OP if one team has four or five of them and the other team has none. You'll get 6 M6's/VK3601's vs 6 KV1s's every damn battle at Tier 6. A team of 8 T18s at tier 2, 4 E100s and 6 Waffle Tractors at tier 10.

It's a terrible idea. Unless you only want to play OP tanks.

Had just logged in to play a few tanks when "connection interrupted " ... logged in again and same shit :(

The one battle I managed had a ping around 250.

Mind you Telstra have been digging trenches and laying out piping in our neck of the cane fields, but I wouldn't have thought

they'd be working the weekend :S

Any tank that's considered OP in it's tier will be seriously OP if one team has four or five of them and the other team has none. You'll get 6 M6's/VK3601's vs 6 KV1s's every damn battle at Tier 6. A team of 8 T18s at tier 2, 4 E100s and 6 Waffle Tractors at tier 10.

Ah but you miss the point sir.

If everyone drives them then they can't be OP. :P

Seriously though, I want a more historical game and that is why I am in CBT for Warthunder Ground forces as Gaijin seem to be able to capture that kind of thing much better then WG can.

I have always wanted nation Vs. nation since that is more historical and WG fail in this because of the way they allow tanks to be upgraded with equipment that they never had for example, the KV-1s.

In real life the KV-1s was just a lighter, faster, less armoured version of the KV-1 and mounted a 76.2 mm ZiS-5 cannon.

No production KV except the KV-2, ever mounted any cannon larger then the 85 mm D-5T which was fitted to the KV-85.

If WG stuck with historical load outs then there would never really be any overly OP tanks in the game.

Edited by mohawk

Ah but you miss the point sir.

If everyone drives them then they can't be OP. :P

Seriously though, I want a more historical game and that is why I am in CBT for Warthunder Ground forces as Gaijin seem to be able to capture that kind of thing much better then WG can.

I have always wanted nation Vs. nation since that is more historical and WG fail in this because of the way they allow tanks to be upgraded with equipment that they never had for example, the KV-1s.

In real life the KV-1s was just a lighter, faster, less armoured version of the KV-1 and mounted a 76.2 mm ZiS-5 cannon.

No production KV except the KV-2, ever mounted any cannon larger then the 85 mm D-5T which was fitted to the KV-85.

If WG stuck with historical load outs then there would never really be any overly OP tanks in the game.

Instead there would be a plethora of useless UP tanks all for the sake of historical accuracy. Not sure which is worse TBH. I've already had reports from WT tanks that it's basically nothing but KVs.

Instead there would be a plethora of useless UP tanks all for the sake of historical accuracy. Not sure which is worse TBH. I've already had reports from WT tanks that it's basically nothing but KVs.

Unfortunatly your reports about WT Tanks are not quite correct.

I have posted up a couple of youtube vids (shameless plug :P) about WT Tanks.

Gaijin go through a very different testing methodology then WG does at the moment.

Gaijin release just a handful of tanks to be tested at a time and then replace those tanks with new ones after a short while so, there will seem like there is a lot of one particular tank being used but, that is because there aren't that many to choose from at the moment.

It also allows a more thorough test of each tank since it gets used a lot.

Another thing that people need to remember is that WT Tanks is still in early CBT and it has a different style of game play then WoT.

I myself lean more towards WT Tanks at the moment but, WoT still has elements that I like too.

For me they are different yet the same.

Very, very nice work.

About to log on myself and see how my luck is today.

Edited by Opy

So far it's been a pretty bad day.

3/3 losses. And discovered that the PC case I've been very slowly building for a couple years now is at least 6cm too short.

You comin on Nobby?

I learned long ago to not view Nobby links.

Just now, I was racing back to save cap. Then I fell off a cliff and died.

Funny shit.

Managed to ammo rack a T-44 earlier. Not ammo racked anybody for about a year.

1st game in the Ha-Go

Defeat

Battle: Himmelsdorf 28/01/2014 5:22:52 PM

Vehicle: Type 95 Ha-Go

Experience received: 1,047

Credits received: 12,355

Battle achievements: Top Gun, Sniper, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

:-/

EDIT: managed to get a win next game. Wasn't much better though

Victory!

Battle: Province 28/01/2014 5:32:10 PM

Vehicle: Type 95 Ha-Go

Experience received: 1,337 (x2 for the first victory each day)

Credits received: 87,310

Battle achievements: Sharpshooter

Edited by nobody813

My goal for this year: Get a damn tier 10 tank

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I've said that most years haha

heheh I have had the IS-4 researched and ready to buy for over 6 months or more, just donr seem to be able to amass the creds to pay for it.

Blow my dosh on buying other tanks, so many research trees and branches these days.