nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

Watched Fury the other night.

People look at you funny when you start identifying tanks. I blame this game :)

Lol yeah...If ya can get it and you don't mind subtitles(as it is in russian) get White Tiger. It's awesome. If ya can't let me know as I think I have it in my mediafire account to share.

And Eve...Rompy Shyne, now there's a nic :}...Not bad but I still love Rompinthedark. If I ever need a new nick for a game tho that shall be my first choice.

• Like 1

Up until today my Chinese tanks were a lonely duo. I'd been thinking a while as to whether I wanted to go up that line any further,

and well today I guess I decided to do that ;) I bought the Type 58. Put a cammo net and springs ( cos I needed tracks and everything else

as well ), and of course ventilation. I have since brought my xp up enough to just about cover the springs and turret at this point, but have not bothered.

I like this tank very much. Even it's lack of gun depression does not faze me ;)

I have just bought the 3 seasons of cammo ! As for upgrading my bits, I'm gonna do that all in one go ... take the tank from here to the

supposed bestest fit in one foul swoop ... I reckon it will be an absolute Hoot ( with a capital "H" ).!!

You may or may not know this but I'm the ultimate miser. So for me 3 seasons of cammo made my eyes water ... but I

felt it worth the tears ;)

Nice one Rompintheshyneydark

As of 2 mins ago, my LTP reached 50% win rate. (2nd time I've played it). So I think I can sell it now. Have the urge to test out the Covenator for some reason.

• Like 1

Bah, I cleared the whole South section of the map with some light backup but our TD couldn't defend the flag against 1 invader so we lost.

And someone tell HairyMongrel to stop coming to my work.

I've not seen him but I don't know of any other Atomican that leaves evidence that they have been somewhere quite like Hairy does.

• Like 2

For anyone who wants the ultimate seal clubbing tank, and not afraid to lose credits each time you play it (win, lose or draw). The extremely OP Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J is on sale on the Asia server for the affordable price of.... $202.74 (149.99 USD), with a slot, 10,000 gold and credits and 30 days premium. Pretty cheap for a tier 3 if you ask me. ;)

• Like 1

I played some Saturday and did okay. I played a bit today and the desire to chuck my lappy out the door was strong.

So am thinking, if I manage to hit 47% victories and I'm not in an old folks home, it's all win.

God ! but I was annoyed yesterday :) ...no tanks for tonight, all is sweet.

4 wins out of 5 games yesterday. Happy!

But my nerves were shot after a Hidden Village game. My tier 9 med on 154 hp with one arty left as my only support, their last tank was a tier 9 med on about 165 hp. My damaged engine was making things very stressful. I screwed up and blew up. He got to our arty but caught a shell from about 60 feet. Boom! Win!

If I wasn't already drinking at the time I would have needed to stop for a drink.

Just bought myself an E 50 Ausf. M. Woot, woot!

I have been grinding for this for sometime now.

That makes 10 tier 10 vehicles in my garage.

2 meds

5 heavies (is it heavys, or heavies? they both look wrong)

3 SPGs

and not enough funds to run any of them ;)

• Like 1

10 tier 10s?

I don't have any!

(they say maybe one day when I learn to play properly)

• Like 1

Played one game of tanks the other days just to win the BT-7A.

What can I say, the whole aiming system is just too much of a broken mechanic in this game when compared to War Thunder.

If you look down the sights it should be point and shoot not wait around until the aiming circle is at its smallest before firing.

I guess WT has ruined tanks for me in a good way as I do prefer a more realistic approach to armoured warfare.

I will pop in from time to time for WG's special events like the soccer and 8 bit games but, that will most likely be it for me.

10 tier 10s?

I don't have any!

(they say maybe one day when I learn to play properly)

I'm in the same boat :-P

Edited by nobody813
  • Like 1

I'd in the same boat as that :-P

This is the Tanks thread. Boats are over in the other thread..

Fekkin Noob.

Edited by Opy
  • Like 2

Not had a chance to play for over a week. Annoying the crap out of me. Now I hear an update was released today. So I'll be updating my mods for a good portion of the weekend if I can get the chance.

Right now I have a slight issue where my company has lost New Zealand. I suggested they check Google Maps. But they seem to think it's just a networking issue.

Another Tanks mate of mine were chatting and we think maybe somebody got a bit gung-ho in WoWs and has blown up NZ. Woops.

• Like 1

A lot of people would see this after a game and say 'shit team'.

I like to think that we were just out-played by a better team, or a more lucky team.

Outplayed01.jpg

This sort of mindset, where you admire the opposite instead of loathe your own team, is great for avoiding rage moments

And it saves the cat from lots of bruises and cracked ribs.

There are people that I don't like to play with due to complaints of bad team, bad matchmaker, bad physics, bad realism. Many are actually personal friends. I like the person, I just don't want to be assaulted by their negativity while I am playing a game for the purpose of enjoying myself.

Well, maybe not enjoying 'myself', but enjoying the time spent playing a computer game.

Abusing game mechanics because it is unrealistic is something that makes many of us laugh. Realism is all good an well, but can lead to highly unbalanced game play. The Sherman against the Tiger happened in reality but doesn't make to a fun game. Horses can run straight on a race track and they can turn left so why can't they run straight in chess and why can they turn right?

Okay, silly analogy.

A team of bad players can decimate the opposition if given enough luck. Just like a team of unorganised good players can just fail.

So relax a little and be happy. There's already enough abuse in the world.

• Like 2

Being a bit of a sucker for the spiel, I bought into the Japanese Heavies.

Nothing more to say at this point in the proceedings.

Specials on British Meds and Heavies.

I just used Free XP to get from tier 1 to the Matilda and get it's biggest gun which only shoots HE. I was only doing about 40hp a hit, but every hit was a crit.

1st game was funny

Battle achievements: Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "II Class", Demolition Expert, Hand of God, Bruiser, Fire for Effect, Duellist
WN8: 2 198 (79)
WN6: 1 964 (93)
EFF: 1 098 (49)

1 of the M3 Lee tanks I took out was not happy;

"Fuck you fucking Matilda"

"Fuck your mother"

Ah, proud moments.

Of course, after that one, all of my games were reasonably average. Then I went for a quick drive. Came back and I was on the loss train.

So I figured I should change games to see if my luck changed. Tried WarThunder. And my results were awesome! Not!

The kills for each team are highlighted here in the slime green square.

Each person gets to die 3 times, because we all love dying, right?

Yeah, me and my team absolutely LOVE dying.

WTloss01.jpg

• Like 1

"... Came back and I was on the loss train."

Ditto.

I've not played for a bit until this morning. Had maybe five battles and left again ;)

I do like the matilda though Opy, both the bBrit ones. I've had them for a long while.

I'd in the same boat as that :-P

This is the Tanks thread. Boats are over in the other thread..

Fekkin Noob.

:-D

I do miss playing tanks though...

Having a long weekend up here so thought it would be nice to get in some time in WoT, but we are having

such erratic connection issues here it makes it bloody hard work to not only keep the game running but to

enjoy it once logged in :|

Nasty.

I had some good games and some sad ones. Logged off at 50% win rate.

My best was my half health KV-1 as last survivor up against a full health Churchill I, a 20HP Wespe and a Bison. Slaughtered them all to total 7 kills.

That doesn't happen a lot any more.