nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

Dragging the chain wrt my KV-4. Still not completed the research needed for the next ... so close now, but I just don't take the KV-4 out enough. Did today and actually had 3 wins in a row with credits to bank !! Lag eventually kills my fun though.

It seems I'm prolly talkin' to myself in this thread and normally that might erk me, but today I don't really give a fuck :)

I've had some fun battles and some tedious ones playing tanks that I don't usually go to ... along with a scotchy arvo it's been pretty good. Only had to close down once due to my poor machine overheating. No work tomorrow could well mean more of the same into the night .

Yeah, the place is pretty quiet. I don't post here often anymore (this thread plus the rest of Atomic) but still lerk most days. Not playing World of Tanks doesn't help with that :-P

funnily, WoT keeps me sane :P that's a relative concept, but as my thoughts are what counts ...

The latest in my KV-4 grind ... now I need 5.5k xp. It's been fun. I squashed an enemy into the edge of the map last night, the tank expired ...quite satisfying

Walt played some quickiebaby clips in the ST-I , with the hope of inspiring me .

The stats for one of his battles: about 111,000 in credits and over 10k in xp << that's just nother whole universe to me o_0

Lordy but I was nervous taking the ST-I into battle. The gun saved me from a battle doing no damage lol. I didn't last that long but I annoyed somebody on the way out.

Edited by eveln

My present win rate in the ST-I is about 60%. And by god am I glad to have taken Walt's suggestion of the IS-3 gun the BL 9. without which I would probably avoid this tank forever more.

I don't do much more than scare the enemy. I spent my precious gold and gave it camo so it at least looks on first site sight like it should be respected. << Also happen to think this has helped my survival rate to have at least a score ;)... and onward I go to research a much needed better turret

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

That's not bad there eveln! I remember when I started playing the IS-8 (don't think it's called that anymore) I was nervous too haha

Off-topic, haven't the graphics a long way since way back when:

Edited by nobody813

Y'know, I've never played this... I'm really not a big fan of shooting things for the sake of shooting - I need a story. Gotta say, that looks pretty damned awesome.

That's not bad there eveln! I remember when I started playing the IS-8 (don't think it's called that anymore) I was nervous too haha

[ vid graphics update]

Back at work on Monday so I might get in and play some tonight ...maybe. Really impressed by the water graphics when the tank shoots into it :)

I wonder how much my notebook will interpret ...lol... but yes the graphics are something they should be proud of I think.

Edit : Just watched a Jingles vid of the latest too. Zeppelins Ahoy in Redshire !!

... I'm really not a big fan of shooting things for the sake of shooting - I need a story. Gotta say, that looks pretty damned awesome.

The story is very short but there still, usually you are one of fifteen tanks and your aim is to win / stay alive / destroy six or more enemy / not destroy your own team :P

I like it cos I don't have to get all involved in a story. It's very very cool when you play with a group of randoms who just work more together than individually, and you win.

It never gets old surviving / winning after an intense battle ... mind you it can also do your head in something chronic when everything seems to be working against you ;)

Edited by eveln

Y'know, I've never played this... I'm really not a big fan of shooting things for the sake of shooting - I need a story. Gotta say, that looks pretty damned awesome.

AdmiralAckbar.Jpeg

But if our connection is good, what do we blame our rubbish gaming abilities on?

Oh I blame Walt. ... it's Always his fault. No question.

Edited by eveln

So I heard about this local server thingo when my rock was turned over. Is it just for WoT, and what's this part-time horsepuckey they're talking about?

what's this part-time horsepuckey they're talking about?

Can you imagine how long you'll be waiting for a game to start outside of these hours?

in tanks earlier for a bit, tvius said ping was about 40 in ANZ ... might give it a go tonight.

about 3100 odd bods by the time I left off last night. ping averaged about 35 during that time and battle wait times were on par with SEA server. I was playing tiers V and IV though, will have to do better tonight and take the ST-l out

Edited by eveln

Had a battle or two today for the first time in a while ... might go back in later. ANZ running all the time it seems

Aand today I think is the first time back in WoT since my last post ;) ended up spending about three-ish hours playing. Even had company in the AMPC chat box !! Also good that the ANZ server is still a thing toooooo :)

Edited by eveln

right. I've now got the better turret for my ST-I, just need all the other stuff ;). gone from 60% wr to 51% lol. had to happen

sitting here watching Jingles reviewing various tanks on the big screen ... always makes me want to go tank again. maybe later.

• Like 1

Oh, I always loved the ST-I. Mate hates it and every time I play it with him I have a shit game and prove him right. Grrr.