nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

Well I still like it. Only so much data left till the 5th so not tanking till then at least.

sitting here watching Jingles reviewing various tanks on the big screen ... always makes me want to go tank again. maybe later.

I still watch Jingles and QuickBaby playing World of Tanks, and I get the same feeling too. Then when it actually comes to playing it, I remember why I stopped so move on. Don't know that I'll ever properly get back into it; game has changed so much and so have my gaming preferences.

sitting here watching Jingles reviewing various tanks on the big screen ... always makes me want to go tank again. maybe later.

I still watch Jingles and QuickBaby playing World of Tanks, and I get the same feeling too. Then when it actually comes to playing it, I remember why I stopped so move on. Don't know that I'll ever properly get back into it; game has changed so much and so have my gaming preferences.

I'm all set to go here re the NBN, but I've been pretty crook lately so have yet to even login. I will be tho in the next day or so me thinks

... did play a bit this arvo. So good to see Tvius still on line too . makes it feel like being home :)

was fun this arvo. what with the rain and the odd scotch, it was all very conducive to an afternoon filled with wins and losses and dudes complaining about all sorts. Seriously, drinking makes the pain go

Had a fun arvo playing tanks. latest update down and being totally distracted by the new look maps. I might well go back in a bit later

Even with my low grade lappy I'm really loving the new look maps. Playing even moar havoc with my win rate, is being distracted by my surrounds. Glacier is a map I've been in only once

and am looking forward to my next visit .

I played this morning for a bit. I may be in need of a new mouse I think. Was on the HK server cos Aus numbers were still tooooooooooooooo low at that time. I filled out a survey the other day, and well I have to say I'm glad they still appear to want consumer input.

Could and do wish I was filthy rich so's I could have a less laggy machine to play on

Visually the game as a whole looks pretty nice these days (from videos I've seen). Wish it looked like that back when I played it haha

A Well-Deserved Reward

"Ten years ago, Wargaming was a small development studio dreaming of releasing a fantasy MMORPG. Then, in December 2008, a completely different idea shot up, replacing orcs and elves with tracks and guns. That's when World of Tanks was born.

To mark the event, every tanker who registered by December 31, 2017, will receive a gift from our team, and each reward will be based on your time in World of Tanks.

You can check which gift you are entitled to in the “Achievement” tab in-game. It will be based on the year of registration, not the specific date. So, for example, if you registered on December 31, 2013, you would get the same rewards as someone who registered on  January 1, 2013.

It took a lot of thought on how to reward everyone and we realized that finding a perfect system would prove impossible. So, we have decided to choose a system that would be the best for the majority of players.

You will be able to grab your rewards from November 28, 2018 until December 2019."

On 29/11/2018 at 8:00 AM, nobody813 said:

You will be able to grab your rewards from November 28, 2018 until December 2019." 

Yep received a T-52-2  T-50-2 ( Russian Tier VI ) and 5 million in credits. Think I'm about 2011 joining time ... would have to go check ... now if it were five million in gold I'd be playing right now on a forever premium account ?

Edited by eveln
just noticed I'd put in the wrong model number of gift premium tank :(

Just in game for a bit. Probably not a great day given the intermittent stormy conditions but still ... latest update included festive garage and other shit ... all looks good but makes my wee lappy's work harder ?

The other day we had the 1.5 update. I'm still using the same woeful lappy, but our net connection is a bit more reliable, and I've just left the game after several hours of play. I like it.  I like that Wot still bothers with surveys and they still bother with updates.

You can play this game spending your RL cash or you can work your way the old fashioned and very tedious way of battle after frigging battle trying to gather xp. I still like this game even though it sorta forces me to use the HK server so's I don't have to wait for battles to begin.

My reflexes are still crap, but I have my moments, and every now and then I get to say hi to Rompy or Tvius . 🙂 

I've not really played for ages, not for long sessions at any rate. Still fun

Not long ago our Fritz box had a firmware update ... seems since then and with numerous WoT updates playing the game on my meagre little machine is actually not too shabby at all. I've a three day weekend just now and in between stuffs have spent some time in the game

And I have enjoyed it . Even though I don't buy with real monies I still like this game

My second chat ban in over a decade of play. I said " those who use gold ammo are wankers who don't try "   ... I'm out till tomorrow night . didn't help that a Mod was just talking about his use of gold ammo 😉 shits me that nobody has a sense of humour these days,

Actually I think nobody is probably the only one that does. but he doesn't seem too play much these days.

Edited by eveln
ooopsie on the "O"s
  • Haha 1

Glad to see you're still playing eveln, and that stability wise your connection is getting better! Is a tough game to play when your ping is all over the place. Chat ban? Naughty naughty :-P. I don't think I ever got caught haha.

I can't remember the last time I had it installed, though I guess I still need to jump back on to get my well deserved reward haha. Will post here if I ever get around to it.

Off-topic, really chuffed that this place still exists. Despite the fact I don't post here anymore, I still lerk here most days. Thank you for keeping the thread alive :-). Also nice nobody pun haha

9 minutes ago, nobody813 said:

Glad to see you're still playing eveln, and that stability wise your connection is getting better! Is a tough game to play when your ping is all over the place. Chat ban? Naughty naughty :-P. I don't think I ever got caught haha.

I can't remember the last time I had it installed, though I guess I still need to jump back on to get my well deserved reward haha. Will post here if I ever get around to it.

Off-topic, really chuffed that this place still exists. Despite the fact I don't post here anymore, I still lerk here most days. Thank you for keeping the thread alive :-). Also nice nobody pun haha

still attempting to play you mean :P

I still get a bit of trouble when they go all out with the fancy garage and stuff, but on the whole it's soooo much improved. I play the poor man's game. No gold unless the game gives it which means no premium either for me.

Like most games today the push to sell you stuff is pretty endless, but at least WoT matches this negative with the positive of frequent updates .

yep. It's very cool this place still exists.

Don't go away ! Nobody is here !!

17 minutes ago, eveln said:

still attempting to play you mean 😛

I still get a bit of trouble when they go all out with the fancy garage and stuff, but on the whole it's soooo much improved. I play the poor man's game. No gold unless the game gives it which means no premium either for me.

Like most games today the push to sell you stuff is pretty endless, but at least WoT matches this negative with the positive of frequent updates .

yep. It's very cool this place still exists.

Don't go away ! Nobody is here !!

Yeah I'm still attempting haha. Never did get to Tier 10 in any branch...

I was one of those players too; never bought anything with real money. Only time I'd get "premium" content was through codes, giveaways, competitions or a cheeky present from a glorious Atomican. And I'm surprised they're still going (relatively) strong and pumping out updates still! I honestly would have thought this game would have run out of puff by now. I think it was probably just me that ran out of puff haha.

And nobody is not going anywhere. Anytime I open Chrome, it opens my emails, Atomic and Atomic Sim Racing forums, and YouTube. Has been like that for years and I don't plan on changing it. Just need to start posting and stop lerking 😛

• Like 1

Greetings

Struggling to play anything these days.  I have the intention and come upstairs to the PC but nothing seems to grab me.

Though last week, I picked up Battlestar Galactica Deadlock and am having fun.

Then on the weekend I was mucking around with a Tie Fighter mod in DCS World and that was a blast.

Most of the time I just find Youtube and burn time away.

Evelone's posts are tempting me to install WoT again.  :)   But by the time it installs, I'll probably lose the urge.

I'm fearing I've outgrown computer games.  It's kind of the only thing I do. So I'm lost.

Oh, scotch. Yeah, I still do scotch ;P

• Haha 1

yeahhh go on Opy ya know ya wanna ! ... scotch is the health drink of tankers !

• Haha 1

good lord ! is it really that hard  ? ...went in for a brief spell tonight [ disclaimer: I'm still a hopeless player ] seven of my team made no damage and garnered less than 50 xp ... I did, ohhh heaps better but we were still defeated. So you see not much has changed.

It will be like old-home-week for you guys, you'll kill it !