nobody813

[PC] Atomic World of Tanks Thread

Wait, so they are going to have a british tree?

Do you have any links on the tanks they are going to include?

Will it include the centurion?

"American, USSR and German panzers will be available in the release version. The UK is the next nation that will be added into World of Tanks after the release. The British tank tree will include such glorious fighting vehicles as Matilda, Valentine, Churchill, Centurion, Cromwell and many others. "

Found that in a random Googled forum

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_post...hread_id=175100

That was about a year ago though.

Edited by Opy

French are next (after US TD's possibly)

Possibly British after that

I have an image of a possible alpha tree for the British somewhere

My what a fun evening I ahd

I was on the asme team as an old mate, thetap, and we both got done pretty early

Next match, Opy was on the opposing team. I may have snuck in a shot at him :P

After that, Opy and I did a platoon match, it was pretty fun. We did quite well, and got the the enemies base pretty quick. Pity the rest of our team was almost gone by the time we got there, and the opposing team won

Edited by nobody813

Got a screenies for ya's.

Each pic is a thumbnail link to a bigger pic.

All of the bigger pics have only been reduces to 80% to give you a better idea of what 3 screens are like to play on (if you view them at 100%).

As it looks with 1 screen.

This is the standard affair in Karelia. Opy annihilated by tank destroyers.

Posted Image

My M7 Priest in WH-40K Ork paint scheme

Posted Image

And the 3 screen images:

Here we are in formation early in the game. You can tell it's early as I'm not a smoking shell yet.

Posted Image

This is the Garage (as it looks with Premium Account activated) with my PzKpfw IV in a modded camo.

For those that haven't played, the chat window is my Platoon from when I grouped up with Nob just now. Top left of screen you can see there are 4511 people online on this server and 97 battles currently running.

Along the bottom you can see the tanks I currently own. Those with the gold emblem are either 'Premium tanks' (bought or gifted) or tanks where I have researched everything that can be researched for that vehicle.

Posted Image

Edited by Opy

Sweet images mate

I see that last one was when I was chatting with ya :)

And my word do you have some funds

I have around 10,000 credits, 0 gold, and about 100 free XP :P

What tier do you guys play? Are you up for some lower tier games if we are online at the same time?

With my tanks being the MS-1, BT-2, AT-1 and soon Matilda, it kind of limits the scope of my games.

Also, is it worth trying to save for camo, or better to just go for higher tier vehicles?

100k is a lot atm for me.

I'm currently using both tier 2 and 3, so we'll definitely have similar tanks. Platoons of 3 are fun

As for cammo, and the other consumables, I don't know if they are worth it, as I've never used any of them before

Opy may be able help you there

Cammo isn't consumable, and from what I've read, it's almost mandatory for both light tanks and anti-tank guns.

25% is a massive stealth increase. Antitank guns get a stealth increase as well (they lose less when they fire).

Given they can't survive much incoming fire, it makes sense to give them that.

You can have 3 items on each tank, and you buy them once and apply to all tanks.

Other common options are binocular sights, which increase your spotting difference, and ventilation, which gives you 5% more crew 'bonus', even over 100%.

A lot of people say that these are awesome, some would say mandatory items for light tanks and AT guns.

This has helped my understanding massively:

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_Mechanics

It addresses a lot of false information you read on the forums about what bonuses do what etc.

Edited by TinBane

I'm still saving money for things like camo for vehicles that camp a lot. I have camo on 1 or 2 vehicles. Arty for sure. I don't play TDs yet. though my Stug in Beta had camo. It is one of the cheaper items and you can remove it to add to the next vehicle after you upgrade. So if you think you can afford it, buy it. That one purchase can last you years.

Be aware that it does have some weight. I dont' know what that weight is, but I had to upgrade my tracks before I could buy camo a couple nights back.

My personal recommendation as you go through the Teirs is to keep some old, low teir stuff.

Teir 1-2, maybe even up to tier 4, is a lot of fun. Play fast, die fast.

Teir 4-6 is pretty mainstream. Tactics and luck get you wins.

Above that you are starting to get into your 70 ton blocks of steel and 20 second reload times. If you can't work as a team then you just don't work.

I plan to always have something in Tiers 1 and 4. I have some gift tanks in 5,6 and 8, so I'll likely keep those too.

On 'School nights' I'm usually on from 6pm to 11pm (well, midnight really, but that's just due to lack of self control).

On weekends I'm too busy talking about WoT to actually play it.

Fun stuff TinBane. Sorry we were constantly in doomed teams.

But here's a happy snap of you in your first ever Arty run.

And evidence that you managed to get a kill to your name too. Grats.

Posted Image

Edited by Opy

I can't commit to anything during public holidays. Maybe tonight. Probably the nights of Tuesday-Thursday next week will be fine.

The long weekend is a bit crowded with house warming party, birthday lunch, Everquest guild BBQ, and some Easter thing tomorrow.

But if you see me on, I'm usually happy to go on suicide runs with you. :)

What tier do you guys play? Are you up for some lower tier games if we are online at the same time?

With my tanks being the MS-1, BT-2, AT-1 and soon Matilda, it kind of limits the scope of my games.

Also, is it worth trying to save for camo, or better to just go for higher tier vehicles?

100k is a lot atm for me.

As has been mentioned camo is well worth it for medium and scout tanks and tank destroyers. These vehicles receive bonuses to hiding in bushes and camo net adds to this. Hiding is one of the main functions of these vehicles.

Eg, last night I was in a tier 5 medium aginst tier 8 heavies. I can't hurt these guys myself, but I went forwards about a field length from our own heavies and sat in the bushes (perfectly still to gain camo bonus after 6 sec stationary). As the enemy scout tanks came forward I engaged and tracked these for the heavy tanks behind me to then 1 shot kill. Now with the enemy scout's gone on my flank I moved up to the next piece of cover. Here I was able to detect the enemy Tiger 1 and Tiger 2's in their cover but they couldn't see me. The heavy tanks backing me up then engaged the enemy tanks without being seen or engaged themselves. Arty did the rest. As we pushed up again and our heavies started being engaged by their hidden tank destroyers I was able to push wide and flank their td's and punch them in the sides and keep them tracked and spotted. This is where your camo netting and light tanks can work really well.

Too many times people go, "oh, I'm in a scout tank, I will rush forwards and spot stuff and die quickly before my own arty has time to setup in position or before my heavy tanks are in position to support me and engage what I spot." Great idea. Cough.

Yes you are fast, so use this speed to get into position early on the round where you can spot, screen for your arty, td's and heavies. But you are also good at hiding, so do this too instead of driving around till you die. Near the end there will come a point where your heavies make a concerted push foward and become engaged head to head, now you can use your speed to flank and engage the enemy, even tracking them will deny them movement to escape or turn. Bouncing off their hull will also rock their aim and spoil it, giving your own heavies the edge against them.

Many times I have lost one on one's with another heavy because he has a light scout/medium suporting him who can't hurt me but repeatedly upsets my aim and I have to wait to shoot accurately, and so I die.

In short, buy the camo net.

Apologies for the long rant but hope it shed some more light on medium and light tanks.

Tye

Edited by bigtye

What a strange turn around of events

I've been struggling with most of the Tier III tanks, but my last match in a Pz IIIa I got 4 kills, from running around spamming everyone

I actually enjoyed myself

I just finished a WOT fansite that contains graphical charts and data for every tank and gun in the game. It helps players size up enemies quickly.

www.tankersguide.com

I hope you guys can use it.

Happy Tanking!

That is a very handy site you've made there

I'll put it in the OP

And also, what is your ingame name?

Thanks nobody813! I'm honered that you'd put it in the OP. I leave the site open in my 2nd monitor and while the clock ticks before the game starts I try to size up the armor on the heaviest enemy tanks. Knowing where to shoot has probably helped me stay alive.

It's not like me to be secretive but I'm trying to stay anonymous on this one.

Hey, that's awesome :)

I've been having heaps of fun.

I've got to the SU-5 (man it sucks compared to the SU-26)

I've got the A20 (light tank prior to the T-34).

I've got the KV (first russian heavy).

I've got the SU-85 (better than the SU-100).

The Matilda and Churchill are fun.

I've unlocked the Pz2 and T-2 Medium tank just playing with my brother.

Loving the game :) I'm not sure what to focus on. I'm thinking Tank destroyer and heavy tank lines. I don't really love playing arty. But then I think there's a lack of medium tankers who are any good at spotting etc. I'm having trouble with the A-20 getting spotted. Unfortunately the Russian light tanks are quite large. I should get it camo, but my only camo is sitting on my TD :)

You are doing a lot better than me. How are you getting there so quickly? I had a quick look at how Mowie is going, and he's at Tier 7 TD already!!!

I'm severely held back by lack of credits. I've got a T-28, M2 Medium, M3 Stuart, and my Beta Sherman. I've unlocked heaps of other tanks, but haven't got the funds to buy them. Pz III is too expensive for me

I had an SU-76, but sold it, Now I can't buy it back

I've also got loads of XP "trapped" on that Beta Sherman, so hopefully I'll get some gold soon, and let it free :P

Edited by nobody813

Yeah, I've used some gold to free up XP from my farming tanks :)

I have bought about 50K of credits from gold, but it's not worth it. That was to upgrade a tank to a better farming cannon.

I found that the basic cannon on the KV is utterly useless, so I used up my free XP, and bought a bit of gold to buff it up.

Without upgrades the KV is just a giant turd.

Once it's got the upgrades, it's actually pretty good, although strangely I prefer the churchill.

Playing the churchill is really interesting. It's different from every other tank I've used so far.

You are a heavy, but your main role is to take on TDs and lighter tanks.

I'm not sure what's with the VK3601. It's rated as a medium tank, but it can take on many low-tier heavy tanks without issue :/

Is it higher tier?

The VK 3601(H) could be called a mini Tiger. For a Tier 6 tank, it's pretty good

The Churchill was a lot of fun to play, the gun on it is fast, and you have loads of health

I found the KV to be ok, but only once it had the best engine and tracks, and any of the upgraded guns