Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Reb1rth.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy

First episode is up, from what I can tell!

For those unaware, this has spawned from the "Mortal Kombat Rebirth" mini-movie that popped up awhile ago.

Refresher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2CGY4c55k

A little information;

Rumours circulated the internet that Tancharoen had successfully acquired the rights to create a mini series on Mortal Kombat. These were confirmed on January 24, 2011, as it was officially announced that an official 10-episode web mini-series based on the short had been greenlit by Warner Bros. The series will be written by Kevin Tancharoen and Spartacus: Blood and Sand writers Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing, with Tancharoen directing. Michael Jai White, Jeri Ryan, Matt Mullins and Ian Anthony Dale will reprise their roles as Jax, Sonya Blade, Johnny Cage and Scorpion respectively. Shooting is scheduled to begin in Vancouver in February. Characters that are rumored to be included from the Mortal Kombat franchise are Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena and Scorpion. In February, Tancharoen revealed in his Twitter account images from the shooting. The series is expected to be released alongside the 2011 video game reboot. On March 22, Tanchaoren confirmed via Twitter that Sam Tjhia will play Kitana.

-----------

I know this isn't directly "gaming", but it's based on it, so I hope I put this in the right place.

I figure more eyes that care would be here in the gaming section.

It's in the right place, and it's pretty bad ass.

I had to laugh at the weapons tho it was like there was no standard issue almost everyone was using a different weapon, I just thought it seemed strange.

Edited by Bundy

I enjoyed it, even though not a great deal happened in it... but I guess they have to set up a story for the rest of the episodes somehow! :P

Looks like they're trying hard and not suffering the cheesiness of some of the movies, yet...

Will wait and see how they pull the rest off.

Yeah looks like it has potential, but seems like there is a bit of cheese to it as well. Also not sure whether the stylised slow mo (like Sonya's ending scene) really fits the small screen.

My 2c