hulkster

I really have to say it,

(BTW, I think you've missed a few of my threads..keep looking..:))

Really? Which did I miss? I've never had trouble with the search function before.

Rob.

You should know that making a thread doesn't equate to quality posts mate.

You'de think he would've realised by now:

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...32&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...04&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...20&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...77&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...60&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...86&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...97&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...56&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...63&hl=robzy

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?s...65&hl=robzy

And, no. These weren't the fun and laughs I was alluding to in my post.

I'm talking about the everyday banter and jibes that forum members used to have amongst each other within threads, with each other, and neither party taking offence.

Edited by Laptirp

(Hey Fuzz, in this context is it "its" or "it's"? I can never remember the rule for "it.")

/dons Fuzz mask

There's no apostrophe of possession for things belonging to "it" - only apostrophes of contraction. Thus: it is = it's.

Show us how it's done.

(Hey Fuzz, in this context is it "its" or "it's"? I can never remember the rule for "it.")

It's, short for "it is".

The possessive apostrophe is not needed for the six possessive pronouns that end in "s" but are considered words in their own right. You know at least one of those: his. The others are hers, ours, yours, theirs and its.

Show us how it's done.

It's, short for "it is".

The possessive apostrophe is not needed for the six possessive pronouns that end in "s" but are considered words in their own right. You know at least one of those: his. The others are hers, ours, yours, theirs and its.

This is what I'm getting at with you, Fuzz. This place isn't a lesson in how to teach grammar, and yet you seem to revel in it.

Why didn't you just PM your reply, as you wanted me to do to yours?

I just don't get you. *slams head against desk*

but nothing else needs to be said. Except, I rock.

No you don't, you can't prove it! Where's your sources? Have they been peer reviewed? YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP!

Sorry BC is right he does rock, and had the Melb scene rocken for a while, till he too felt the need to separate himself from this place for reasons that seem familiar :(

The, uh, Melb scene has always been rocking, and it's never really stopped rocking. The Melb scene can't be held responsible when some people just can't get along with each other, or hide out for months/years at a time until people forget to invite them/have no way of contacting them for invites.

I think you need to get in the real world and actually start enjoying a life that you seemed to have been deprived of as a child.

Yeah, dude, you should totally get out more so we can eat dead pig, and prawns, and tarts and cheesecake and, hell, drink some cider. We should totally organise to do that. But only if you leave early. So you can come home and argue with people on the internet, instead of with us.

This is what I'm getting at with you, Fuzz. This place isn't a lesson in how to teach grammar, and yet you seem to revel in it.

Why didn't you just PM your reply, as you wanted me to do to yours?

I just don't get you. *slams head against desk*

Is this more of an "I don't like it, so it shouldn't be here" thing? Because, I mean, I enjoyed reading it, and there are other language and word nerds around here.

Anyway, fuck you all, I have work to do. Also,

Posted Image

Edited by Nich...

Ten bucks there will be a feedback thread about the nazi *ods. I just hope some of you bother to stick around to support us as we try and assist you in creating the kind of community you want.

And so it has been forever.

Ignore the calls of Nazi and get on with the job of doing your job.

We have never not done our job. You seem to have avoided the part where less restriction in the GR was discussed and agreed upon.

The way you are calling it is that mods are just sitting on their hands watching all go by. That would both be wrong and incredibly insulting.

It's the Green room. All you have to do is misspell a word and you will get 5 wiki links and a lecture, then the thread is about your spelling mistake rather than your topic.

Pretty much why i stay in the tech section!

We have never not done our job. You seem to have avoided the part where less restriction in the GR was discussed and agreed upon.

The way you are calling it is that mods are just sitting on their hands watching all go by. That would both be wrong and incredibly insulting.

Sorry, that was not my intent. I'm quite flustered and upset by this whole thing and I'm letting my emotions do the talking.

I know that you guys work extremely hard for what is essentially a thankless task.

What I'm ultimately trying to say is that the "less restriction" policy is a grave mistake.

In the "real world", actions have consequence. Try being a bully or a troll down at the local pub and see what it gets you. Online, there are no consequences. Without rules and mods to enforce them, bullies and trolls can easily take over.

And in my opinion, that is what we are seeing here.

Yes it's happenned before, you can call it a cycle if you want, but it has always been dealt with well before it gets out of hand.

What we have just seen is a group of members, all of who have been here long enough to know better, all of who are OLD enough to know better, gang up and relentlessly bully another member. The one they picked on was Virt, arguably the most respected member of the community.

You mentioned earlier that members "rage quitting" was nothing new or special. Can I just point out that the two members who have just quit are both highly respected, level headed, sensible, long-standing members of the community. They wear a superheroes badge.

They are ex-mods.

If that doesn't tell you something's wrong, nothing will.

Edited by moz

Sorry, that was not my intent. I'm quite flustered and upset by this whole thing and I'm letting my emotions do the talking.

(Moz, I'm not having a go at you directly, just using your statement to make a generalisation.)

Personally, I think this is where a lot of the core issues lie. People are either unable or unwilling to self-moderate themselves, take a deep breath, and address the thread topics. Instead, it's far easier to attack the person rather doing some investigation into the topic at hand (à la Leonid) and make useful contributions to the discussion, irrespective of whether they're for or against the topic.

When was the last time you read through an entire thread? I'm not referring to the 'What are you listening to...' types of threads, I'm talking about the ones that attempt to engage serious discussion. Did you start on page 1 and go through to page 5, or did you just read the OP and then skip down to the last one, hoping you could pick it up from there? I've seen that happen in the past and I continue to see it happen today. Threads tend to lose focus most often when other people jump in mid-topic and begin tossing off statements without any prior knowledge of what's gone on before. They completely miss the intervening arguments and nuances that are the recipe for a really great discussion.

The best robust discussions I've seen have been between people who were there at the start and were still there at the end. Each side discussed the topic to death, tore it apart, reassembled it, broke it down again...ad infinitum. The ones that I've seen dissolve into a morass of name-calling and bitching are usually those that start to meander off-topic when someone hops into the middle without a clue what the original discussions started with and launches an attack without any kind of forethought.

David, you asked for some suggestions of how to fix things, here's my two-bob's worth:

1. Use self-moderation. Before you click the 'Reply' button ask yourself, "Does this really add to the conversation? Or, am I just pissed off and want to vent my frustration?" If you just need to blow off steam then maybe you should take a break for a while and come back later. The thread will still be here.

2. Before you enter a discussion, read the entire thread. Yes, all umpteen pages of it. Get to know the arguments being used, understand where people are coming from, choose a side and research your answers if needed, use references to back up your statements. If you can't be bothered reading a whole thread...don't bloody bother getting involved! (And, yes, I have read this entire thread...)

3. Attack the topic, not the person. This is probably the one that gets forgotten first in any argument. Just because you don't agree with someone's point-of-view doesn't mean they're automatically a bad person. Society is filled with people who get along just fine even though they don't agree with everyone around them. Why are are you refuting a statement in a thread? Do you genuinely have an opposing viewpoint or do you just think the other person is a dickhead? If it's the latter then it's time to leave the thread. You can even bow our gracefully..."Sorry, you're greatly pissing me off and I'm liable to say something nasty so I'm taking a chill-pill and getting out of here."

I'm not an old-timer, but I've been around long enough that I'm not a newbie, either, and I care about this community just as much as the rest of us.

I know that you guys work extremely hard for what is essentially a thankless task.

What I'm ultimately trying to say is that the "less restriction" policy is a grave mistake.

In the "real world", actions have consequence. Try being a bully or a troll down at the local pub and see what it gets you. Online, there are no consequences. Without rules and mods to enforce them, bullies and trolls can easily take over.

And in my opinion, that is what we are seeing herehappened's happenned before, you can call it a cycle if you want, but it has always been dealt with well before it gets out of hand.

What we have just seen is a group of members, all of who have been here long enough to know better, all of who are OLD enough to know better, gang up and relentlessly bully another member. The one they picked on was Virt, arguably the most respected member of the community.

You mentioned earlier that members "rage quitting" was nothing new or special. Can I just point out that the two members who have just quit are both highly respected, level headed, sensible, long-standing members of the community. They wear a superheroes badge.

They are ex-mods.

If that doesn't tell you something's wrong, nothing will.

I also don't think that the 'loosening of rules' was a good idea, however I support trying it 100%. If there is a trend you are trying to reverse, then to continue to mod in the same way is the equivilant of sitting on you hands and doing nothing. This isn't what the mods did, they tried something.

As I said previously, I also don't think some of the people being demonized in the thread linked to in the OP were guilty of anything. Virt posted a thread on a couple of themes that always generate heated debate. That's cool and I'm sure he knew that at the time. Some people engaged in said heated debate - they questioned the motivation, the meaning, etc.

This is all fine IMO as long as you are debating/discussing/arguing - putting alternative points of view and arguing a point or two. I was quite enjoying that thread, though I had nothing much to add myself apart from one or two 'Dad Jokes' along the way. What gets my goat are the people who just throw in the one line insults. How does that add to the discussion? It's fine to disagree, but if you don't explain your position all you're doing it taking pot shots. You're not adding a single thing and the planet would be better of if the post hadn't been made.

Now there are one line insults that are tongue in cheek and are fine - the job of the mods is to understand which are which, leave the 'fun insults' and remove the others. It's usually not that hard :)

As for this being part of a cycle, I don't think so, it's part of change. Change is inevitable and there are many factors influinging it. Things like twitter & facebook have an impact no doubt, as do other factors mentioned in this thread. The fact that there is no one cause means there is no one solution, no silver bullet.

As for the fun being sucked out of the forums - that's a claim I don't think I have made in some time, because I don't have the right to - I think it's a bit rich for people who post very occasionally and virtually never create a thread themselves to blame others for the lack of fun. They are part of the problem, and could be part of the solution if they chose to be.

Edited by Mac Dude

Here's a few tips for all people who post on this forum.

1. Give users the benefit of the doubt. Don't read posts in a way which facilitates your ability to take a thread off into an unnecessary tangent. If you find yourself reading a post over and over, trying desperately to pick it apart, then it may be a good idea to back off until you've had time to think.

2. Don't come into a thread with the sole purpose of prodding people, regardless of how incorrect or 'stupid' they may seem. If you can't argue sensibly, then hit the back button.

3. If you want to have a calm and reasonable discussion, don't make reference to inflammatory topics in such a way that you provoke a negative reaction. For example, say a company named AwesomeSauce (a popular brand with a large following) fucked up somehow. If you then start a thread with the intent to analyse the failure, replacing the company's name with 'FuckupSauce' is just going to piss people off. There's no need for it, and its most certainly not creative nor productive.

4. If you mention "the good ol' days", I'm going to whip your arse back to v2.0!

5. There is no 'winning' an argument. Forums are a place for discussion, not point scoring.

6. Consider other users' point of view before leaping in to rip them a new arsehole. In fact, don't rip people new holes even if you're confident they need it (laxatives work better).

7. If you don't like a thread, then piss off. No one wants to hear about it. If you feel it violates the FAQ, report it and ignore it.

8. Don't be insensitive just because you think you can get away with it. Yes, there are real people behind these textual messages.

9. Don't bitch about a moderator decision if you're too important to hit the report button.

10. Be awesome to each other.

11. ???

12. Profit!

You shouldn't be a mod , your part of the problem.

You shouldn't be a mod , your part of the problem.

No that attitude Is.

So... this thread is pretty obviously aimed at me, along with others. Well, fuck that. Fuck that very much, and here's why:

I like arguing. Yep, absolutely love it. I greatly enjoy a good debate. I enjoy debating significant things, and trivial things. I've done it a lot around here. I've had quiet, respectful arguments, and I've had nasty, flaming ones. But you know what? I've never argued against someone who didn't want to argue. Ever. It's just not possible. I can argue with someone like Leonid, or Virt, or Director, and they'll fire back more often than not. I can disagree with, say, an Antraman or a Macdude, and they'll decide they don't want to argue with me... and not. It's really fucking simple. Right there, when people decide they don't want to argue, they don't. Virt wanted to argue. If he didn't, he wouldn't have. Now some people here can say Virt wasn't trolling, and that's just fine. You people have your opinions, by all means enjoy them. But don't think for a second you can tell me that I can't have mine. In my opinion he was, and I went to quite some effort to outline how I came to my judgement. You don't agree with me? Good for you. Disagree with me. Do so loudly, or do so in quiet. Me? I chose to do so loudly. Yes, that's right, someone on a fucking internet forum had a dissenting opinion. Hold the fucking press, eh? But here's the thing: I engaged with the topic. More than anyone else, I tried to discuss what I saw as an essential element of the OP. And as tends to happen, the conversation flowed and changed course, and that's all well and good. That's how interesting conversations work. But then, magically, a whole slew of people came in and insisted that we not take the conversation in the direction it was going. Evelyn and Waltish come in and, without engaging in the topic in the slightest, insult me and tell me that I should be engaging in the topic. You, hulk, come in and, without engaging in the topic, tell me that I'm single-handedly destroying Atomic. Laptirp comes in and, without engaging in the topic, tells everyone, tells everyone that they're doing a bad thing by not engaging in the topic.

So... you want an interesting conversation? Quit bitching and make one. That's what I did, and I'm not in the least bit sorry for it. Find the interesting bit in Virt's Atheism/Theism thread and post about it, don't bitch about all the people who've found their own interesting points of conversation. Go over the Virt's scientology thread and post something interesting there. Go anywhere, and engage in a conversation about something relevant and interesting. Like this one here. But don't just sit back and whinge and say "Atomic is dying and it's everyone else's fault." Because you know what? I didn't shit on that thread. You did.

Oh, and yes, I will continue to pick on people's grammar. It's what I do for a living, I enjoy it very much, and I fully intent to continue pointing out ways that people can improve their communications skills in my spare time.

You barely touched the topic of the OP you thread shat it with pedantry, Eveln contributed to the discussion of the OP in post #23.

Me I saw a gang of ego-thugs packattack trashing a member , and decided he should not have to face this rabid mob alone.

*takes off mod hat

I have to say, most of this thread is a load of crap.

Throughout all the whinging the only suggestions so far have been.

* People should be allowed to call each other turds.

* Thread shitters are the bane of our existence.

Even though I agree with the second one, and I pretty much said in Virt's locked thread that it's something the mod team should be considering how to address, I believe it's not actually going to change this place all that much. I believe that more now than ever after reading the bollocks in this thread.

If everyone rage quits because they can't be arsed about making a difference to the place then I guess you people have your answer and can all congratulate yourself on Facebook at having such great insight into the problems here. FFS, I wouldn't want to work at something that no one seems to give a shit about either.

You know, the sad fact is that all it would take is for those reminiscing about the old days to step up and show everyone else how it's done, not sit back and complain about it. Fuck knows from my perspective the *ods do everything in their power to make the place accessible. The reason the *ods relaxed the moderation in the green room was because it was called for. Yep - people sparked up and suggested, it was considered and given a shot. I mean, it is a community and the last time I checked, the community has always been able to provide input into how the place is run.

So it appears that a bunch of people really don't believe it worked. How is that communicated? Instead of a "hey I don't think this is working" we get "OH MAN FUCK THIS I'M LEAVING". Well I guess I have seen people ragequit these forums since the start so that's not new.

If you *love* the place so much do something about it besides complaining. You want the forums to be a certain way, be the person that makes it happen. You see something that isn't working here, tell someone. Not ONCE in my short time as mod have I EVER seen a suggestion disregarded. If what you really want is to pat yourselves on the back about how you TOTALLY CALLED IT that Atomic was going down the shitter then do nothing and leave when you feel you can't take it anymore.

So, in order to not have this thread ironically be just another whinge thread here are my suggestions.

You want a community that can be a place to exercise your thoughts, debate about nonsensical shit and generally escape reality for a while? Be that person.

You see something that isn't helping that? RTM it. The *ods do not turn a blind eye.

You have something worthwhile to contribute to the way this place is run. Suggest it without the threat of a ragequit.

The thread shitting will most likely be the first thing to be addressed out of all of this. What will be interesting is what happens the first few rounds of people being picked up on it. Ten bucks there will be a feedback thread about the nazi *ods. I just hope some of you bother to stick around to support us as we try and assist you in creating the kind of community you want.

This. So,so much THIS.

Though I have to say I can understand hulkster's frustration...I hope he takes a breathe and changes his mind.

I see The Fuzz damn you! has given us his version of reality, which only confirms the fact he didn't actually read the thread he was so involved in - and my gosh!!

- he was the only person behaving with the correct internets protocol...

So glad the thread is there if any body actually wants to sort anything out, it's all there :)

When was the last time you read through an entire thread? I'm not referring to the 'What are you listening to...' types of threads, I'm talking about the ones that attempt to engage serious discussion. Did you start on page 1 and go through to page 5, or did you just read the OP and then skip down to the last one, hoping you could pick it up from there? I've seen that happen in the past and I continue to see it happen today. Threads tend to lose focus most often when other people jump in mid-topic and begin tossing off statements without any prior knowledge of what's gone on before. They completely miss the intervening arguments and nuances that are the recipe for a really great discussion.

The best robust discussions I've seen have been between people who were there at the start and were still there at the end. Each side discussed the topic to death, tore it apart, reassembled it, broke it down again...ad infinitum. The ones that I've seen dissolve into a morass of name-calling and bitching are usually those that start to meander off-topic when someone hops into the middle without a clue what the original discussions started with and launches an attack without any kind of forethought.

[snip]

Well said. I think a lot of this angst comes from people who do not understand the content of a thread criticising people who do understand that content, for the fact that they have decided to critically engage with the content of that thread. And now my head hurts.

This is an awesome thread, full of car-related bits and bobs that I don't even come close to understanding. Now, if someone came along and posted that Hulkster really needs to put a Spengler 5000 Carburettor in that thing, I would have no opinion on that. Others, however, might come along and realise that a Spengler 5000 Carburettor has no place in that car, and that anyone who knows enough about carburettors to know what a Spengler 5000 is should know that a Spengler 5000 is a laughable suggest. Maybe they point that out. Maybe politely, maybe less than politely. Whatever the case, that person continues in their insistence that a Spengler 500 would be an awesome addition. They end up being thoroughly shot down in less than nice language, with maybe a "stop trolling, you know a Spengler 5000 has no place in there" thrown in for good measure.

Now, maybe I come along and see that thread. All I see is a group of people attacking someone who is trying to help by giving a suggestion. Am I going to weigh in and come to that person's defense? No, because I don't know a fucking thing about cars. If I think people are going over-board, sure, I might report the thread. But other than that, I'm going to let the group dynamics decide how it plays out, because people who know about cars are having a discussion about cars and who the fuck am I to intervene? Jumping in and calling people names would serve only to derail that excellent thread and prevent anyone from discussing anything of value.

People are passionate about different things. Learn, contribute and question by all means, but also recognise that you're not always seeing the full picture when you read a thread about something you do not fully understand.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. I just can't shake the feeling that I used to come here in the evening to hang out with my mates, and now I just look at posts from people I don't know in threads that don't interest me.

So what do we - or I, to be more honest - do about it?

And that's a serious question. Any hints, tips or revelations appreciated.

To be honest, I'm not sure we can do much about it. More than any other time its history, Atomic seems to be torn between mindsets; I think I know why that is, and I think I know what we can do about it (which is, to be honest, nothing), but any feedback on this most important of topics is very welcome.

Personally I think some of the problem is ego related , I don't know what will fix things , but getting rid of special titles like hero, superhero and custom ranks would go a long way towards levelling the field and diminishing the sense of entitlement some members seem to be brandishing.

Just have Gods, Mods, and members. Ranks do encourage a bit of rank spam but that's not a biggie and its relatively harmless.

Maybe some other way of rewarding those that contribute above and beyond, could be worked out but at the moment I have no particular suggestion to put forward.

Edited by Waltish

This concept of 'ganging up' on Virt amuses me no end. To avoid it looking like a coordinated 'attack', people who disagree with Virt should... take turns at their disagreeance, so he's not overwhelmed by... a coordinated mob?

It's sometimes unfortunate if you say something that you think makes sense, and other people are interested in explaining all the ways that they think you don't make sense, because, hey, they're not talking about what you want to talk about. And, sure, when the paranoia starts to feel real, it's easy to get upset and start taking innocuous things personally, because people in defensive situations tend to think and behave defensively. But engaging in conversation, heated or not, about whether they're right or you're right or the Easter miracle of egg-laying rabbits is right, is encouraging that derailment of what you'd hoped to happen by saying x. And we can all be a bit cynical and we can all be a bit naïve, but we should at least try not to pull one over our own eyes, if we have a pretty good idea how it's going to play out.

Also, some of the smugness around here is getting cloying. Especially from some of the people making a big fuss about it. It's not that people who have nothing nice to say shouldn't say anything at all, but question what you're actually trying to achieve, and if you can't at least jazz it up with something better than cheap dad humour, or use it as a seque into something more interesting, even if still not constructive.

Also, I think it'd be awesome if no-one except staff and mods had ranks around here, because it'd make it even more obvious how conceited some people actually are without even a feigned pretense of playing the moral high ground because rank x should know better.

Bring it on.

Edited by Nich...

I dunno, maybe it's just me. I just can't shake the feeling that I used to come here in the evening to hang out with my mates, and now I just look at posts from people I don't know in threads that don't interest me.

To be honest, I'm not sure we can do much about it. More than any other time its history, Atomic seems to be torn between mindsets; I think I know why that is, and I think I know what we can do about it (which is, to be honest, nothing), but any feedback on this most important of topics is very welcome.

Personally I think some of the problem is ego related , I don't know what will fix things , but getting rid of special titles like hero, superhero and custom ranks would go a long way towards levelling the field and diminishing the sense of entitlement some members seem to be brandishing.

Just have Gods, Mods, and members. Ranks do encourage a bit of rank spam but that's not a biggie and its relatively harmless.

Maybe some other way of rewarding those that contribute above and beyond, could be worked out but at the moment I have no particular suggestion to put forward.

Back when I was a new member, I looked up to (And I still do) the heroes and the superheroes, it was a tag I always wanted and I worked hard to help people in the tech sections and not be a dick to new members and old members alike. I was given a hero tag last year and I was damn proud of it, Atomic recognized my contribution to the forums and I was happy knowing that.

The rank of hero and superhero is something everyone should want to work towards and I think the *ods really need to get a bit harder on their rules of taking peoples tags. If someone is banned, they should lose that tag, if someone is consistently being a douche to others and acting out of the spirit of atomic, lose the tag and so on and so forth. Since that rule was bought in, like 1 or 2 people have had their hero/superhero tag taken off and thats it.

But the thing is, its not just the heroes and superheroes that are the problem, okay maybe they should be setting an example (thats something for the *ods to decide upon though) but so should everyone else who posts on here, we all need to work together and not be at each others throats in every single thread, there have been so many (boring imo :P) political, religious and scientific threads as of late and they all seem to end up with people fighting rather than debating. Its life, fair enough you're not going to get along with everyone you meet, but just like in real life, if you have to spend any amount of time with someone you don't like, don't drag the shit into threads, just use the ignore feature like its intended.

That's because this place moved to V3. I'm sure the others are still accessible somehow.

Uh, I did say "the listing of threads Laptirp has made since v3." A whole 2.5 years ago :P

And by the way, if I ever need a "Best of Robzy" compilation, I'm definitely coming to you.

[edit]: And thanks, guys, for the correction of "its." Equating it to "his" is a pretty good idea.

Rob.

Edited by robzy

PS: I dont feel that Hukster has Rage quit, far too polite a post compared to a real rage quit, I don't see much rage in his OP, I do see a lot of disappointment, , So to be accurate I would call it a Disenchantment Quit.

Edited by Waltish

This whole thread is starting to smack of sadomasochism, I have never seen so many members whipping each other over what is in the end, a storm in a tea cup. But it is kinda hot :D

Now its Lois................I mean Laptrip's turn.

Posted Image

Back when I was a new member, I looked up to (And I still do) the heroes and the superheroes, it was a tag I always wanted and I worked hard to help people in the tech sections and not be a dick to new members and old members alike. I was given a hero tag last year and I was damn proud of it, Atomic recognized my contribution to the forums and I was happy knowing that.

The rank of hero and superhero is something everyone should want to work towards and I think the *ods really need to get a bit harder on their rules of taking peoples tags. If someone is banned, they should lose that tag, if someone is consistently being a douche to others and acting out of the spirit of atomic, lose the tag and so on and so forth. Since that rule was bought in, like 1 or 2 people have had their hero/superhero tag taken off and thats it.

But the thing is, its not just the heroes and superheroes that are the problem, okay maybe they should be setting an example (thats something for the *ods to decide upon though) but so should everyone else who posts on here, we all need to work together and not be at each others throats in every single thread, there have been so many (boring imo :P) political, religious and scientific threads as of late and they all seem to end up with people fighting rather than debating. Its life, fair enough you're not going to get along with everyone you meet, but just like in real life, if you have to spend any amount of time with someone you don't like, don't drag the shit into threads, just use the ignore feature like its intended.

Hmmm I could live with a lower threshold for the striping of titles , maybe three warnings for conduct unbecoming of a hero/superhero then bam no title, and for worse infractions one opportunity to rectify the situation/adjust the behaviour with failure to comply resulting in bam no title and for Superheros a reduction to Hero.

Gross breeches of the serious aspects of the faq (vilification, racism, linking to porn, etc) resulting in bam no title and maybe it could be a spare life/proxy for a banning in that the stripped member , gets to stay his one chance/spare life used up.

Superhero could be reduced to Hero the first time giving them 2 spare lives.

That's just me verbalising my thoughts on how it could operate, other folks could have better notions of how to enforce it.

EDIT: added this to the first paragraph "and for Superheros a reduction to Hero."

Edited by Waltish