Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

[PC]GTA4/EFLC FreeRoam and Co-op!

GTA4 and EFLC are currently on sale for $7.50 each or $10.00 for the lot on steam, in light of this, people should buy it and we'll organise a freeroam game. Great fun, can just drive cars around, shoot each other, shoot the cops, fly helis etc.

We also have the option of some coop games in GTA4 and a coop style bike gang game mode on EFLC (The lost and the Damned).

Then ofcourse there are races, deathmatch etc. Very versatile game, well worth playing.

So whos up for a game? Bare in mind that GTA4 runs better now than it used to, so anyone on older hardware should still be able to play it at a decent clip.

Add me to steam and gfwl (both nukejockey) and we'll try to organise something over the easter weekend or something maybe? Bare in mind Portal 2 is out tomorrow night so I will not be available to play for the next few days at least.

But get them while they're on special. $10.00 is a steal.

Or we could play APB. ;).

I was thinking of grabbing this sale for the same reason. Might have to now.

Won't be able to play 'till I get that GPU from Reb1rth. But If you're not over it within the day I will join.

Im in but will have to install it and set it up when I get home from work.

Hopefully Bigpond will have it on its servers otherwise I have to pray that the backup function will work from Tantryls computer....

The only problem I've ever had with backups is if I've started downloading a game first and then tried to run the backup.

If you delete the games local data (through steam) and then run the backup you should have no problems at all.

Such an awesome game, hopefully we can get 5-6 of us playing, the lost and the damned mode where you all ride around in a motorcycle gang is awesome fun too.

The only problem I've ever had with backups is if I've started downloading a game first and then tried to run the backup.

If you delete the games local data (through steam) and then run the backup you should have no problems at all.

Such an awesome game, hopefully we can get 5-6 of us playing, the lost and the damned mode where you all ride around in a motorcycle gang is awesome fun too.

Hmm. Im having trouble installing Borderlands doing the same thing above. I'll try deleting local games data and trying again.

I've had many problems with Steam on my newish PC, with it going non responsive all the time =(

I put it running unfavourably to my low-end video card, but the controls still felt heavily customised to a gamepad : \ I might be in if something is organised.

What setup are you running Nich...? It used to be playable on a Q6600 and an 8800GT on low-med settings.

Its been optimised since I've seen it on a system like that though, so you may get it going at a decent clip.

FWIW a faster cpu sees more of a framerate increase than a faster GPU (although the 2 go hand in hand to make it play fantastically on all fronts :P)

4770, lol.

Haven't played it since Jan - I only got it during the end of year sales.

That should handle it okay on lower settings, assuming your cpu can hold up. Quad core or dual core?

Lower clocked quads handle it better than lower clocked duals, you need atleast 4ghz dual core to average around 30fps on higher settings, gay i know.

i5-750@2.6

Playing around with it now, it's just the game interface that feels clunky I guess, the game itself seems to run ok : )

Edited by Nich...

Jebus titty fucking shitting ass Christ! 16 fucking GB download just for EFLC!!! Fucking wish I'd know that before I bought it online, I'd have happily paid more for a disk and saved my bandwidth.

downloading gta4 now see how it plays on my POS setup

got it for gtdane aswell so

count us in i guess ...if all goes well

yeah took me nearly all day to get that and gta4 when the christmas/newyear sales where on

Yeah it's saying 16 hours left. I get such crap dl rates from steam, like I mean really crap. Doesn't matter what it is I'm dling it takes for fucking ever. Is it always like that or is it just me?

I use 360 controller for driving/flying, theres no other way to do it. For shooting I use the mouse and keyboard, although the auto aim with the controller makes the game so easy there probably isn't much point.

Anyway, fair bit of interest here, so post when you can/can't play and we'll try to work something out. Maybe over the easter break or something? If everyone enjoys themselves we can look at making this a regular thing, but if we're going to do freeroam, we're going to need to lay down some ground rules too.

So I'll ask for some opinions (also, any idea if its possible to add a poll to a thread after its been created?)

Should we be allowed to kill each other in Free Roam? Or should we leave that to the other game modes?

Ventrilo or GFWL voice chat?

Is everyone happy with introducing some mods into multiplayer? (Namely one that unlocks all cars for multi, as it stands, the hummer and several other vehicles don't appear in multiplayer, but there are some mods out there that allow it) I'll happily post all required files and a tutorial on how to install them if everyone is happy with that.

Is everyone happy to vote on what game mode to play first? If so:

Free Roam(EFLC, mainly because it has better weapons and vehicles, especially the APC you can get in TBOGT), Deathmatch(either), TDM(either), Co-op mission (GTA4) The motorcycle gang co-op one (Can't remember the name, but you do small point to point missions as a motorcycle gang, can be quite fun, but does get old quick) Chopper vs. Chopper (TLAD basically, helicopter chases motorbike, although it may only be 2 player, not sure on that one)

Anyone else got any game modes they want to nominate?

If we do freeroam, what do we want to do? Get into cop chases? My friends and I quite like getting 5-6 stars on us and having a wheel man come and extract us and try to escape them, would be fun for a bit of mayhem with several of us. What about racing? I believe we can all see each others GPS points, so if someone sets a point on the map and everyone tries to get there first that could be fun (Also, I think TBOGT has a proper race mode anyway)

Damnit, too many options! Is this the most versatile game ever or what?

Those controls sound decent Nuke, I've got a couple of xbox controllers here and one of those USB charger cords. Is it just a matter of plugging the USB into the computer and getting drivers from Microsoft for getting it working?

As for game modes, yeah there's a ton of fun to be had, I'm easy to give anything a bash really. I should be ready to give it a go all week really. Not to mention the massive long weekend coming up!