Sign in to follow this  
NukeJockey

[PC]GTA4/EFLC FreeRoam and Co-op!

GTAIV crashed for some of us then LIVE disconnected. my love of steam grows, oh wait I'm probably the only one with a retail copy and does not use steam to launch the game.

Was fun till It died a second time and Nuke must have crashed. Any why 6 player limit in freeroam?

Looks like we're having issues getting more than 5 people playing too, which is a pain.

At first it was TheMojoRising, st8sman, gtdane (I think?), gunny and myself and we weren't having any issues. The reb1rth tried to join and kept getting dc error messages. mojo then left and fliptopia joined and when mojo tried to rejoin he was getting the same error messages as reb1rth.

Will have to look into this, but maybe someone with a faster connection than I can host next time.

Anyway, uploading a video of our bus destruction derby to YT as we speak (I didn't get the whole thing as fraps caused my c:\ to run out of memory and gta4 crashed because of it.

Edited by NukeJockey

Youtube video for anyone interested. Bask in the glory of my stupid voice.

*EDIT* Looks like fraps didnt record my voice, woo!

Edited by NukeJockey

Was very annoying that I couldnt get back in.

Maybe it was for the best. You guys obviously had some long drawn out plan involving buses and trucks and you know that I would just be dropping grenades out the window onto the ground....

Despite that connection issues, was good fun, maybe get some actual modes cranking next time - team deathmatches

that buss rampage was sic ! maby next time we will go to a derby or a race track that would be cool

EFLC Has some race modes. But not everyone has that.

ill make room and d\l today

my barrel roll @ 2:45 was awsome

good fun

Edited by st8smn

d\l-ing EFLC now

i may have to re-install steam on a different hdd :(

i should have it sorted and running by tonight ...shity ADSL1

Wow I talked a lot, Wow I talked a Lot. and I have a cold and was high on cold meds I tell you.

EPIC Jump (probably all we needed on the video)

Buses do not die!!!!! Except mine when I drove off the end of the runway

GET A MIC BOIS MUCH MORE FUN!

Who has the best connection out of all of us? It was weird that only 5 of us were able to play at any one time. I'd really like to give it another bash tonight.

I have a few ideas. If we can get say, 6 of us in free mode, then maybe we can do something team based. Say we have 3v3 and 1 team has to hold a position (with a car or something in the middle) and the other team has to try to steal the car. Once they steal the car, we go into car chase mode (no shooting or anything) we have to chase down the people who stole the car while they try to get back to their base (start on the first island and the hideout is on the 3rd island or something) Could be a bit of fun.

I'm not a huge fan of the full on deathmatch modes, but I know there are other modes out there that could be fun with 3-4 per side. Theres a cops and robbers one which is similar to what I was just mentioning for free mode actually..

Give me some ideas and we'll sort something out. Its definitely alot of fun with several people playing but we need something to do so you all don't just shoot each other like idiots :P

Last I tested I got something around 6.5 Mbps down, and 0.85 Mbps up.

But I doubt I will have the game downloaded by tonight.

Edit: Engrish.

Edited by viremia

does it have to be GTA IV or can any of the stand alone versions like lost and dammed stand alone play with you guys?

If I can get a mate to buy it for me, I may do it, once I'm done with Portal 2 :)

loooooooooooooooooooool ........... good luck with that ! once again lol ! Edited by gtdane

im only geting 350 kb\s max on EFLC

still says 7 hours to go ...sigh`~

im only geting 350 kb\s max on EFLC

still says 7 hours to go ...sigh`~

I'm getting 90-200kb/s on GTAIV.

I know how you feel.

Edit:

I just changed my steam download server from Vic to "Internode - SA".

Speed doubled.

Not my max, but still, better.

Edited by viremia

Looks like I may not be on at 8pm, so if you guys wanna just start without me, feel free to. I will get on as soon as i can though.