King_TriTAN

Skyrim

Hmm, considering Skyrim is locked to 2gb ram and the CTDs are caused by a memory leak, I wonder if that last mod you linked would stop some peoples crashes or atleast prolong them?

I'd definitely recommend trying it. Backup the executable file first, then if it shits the bed then just restore a copy of the original executable. I never had a drama with it though.

It's called a torch

haha, its funny that people seem to have an aversion to using torches in these games. When Morrowind had come out I remember my friends used to just turn the gamma up so they could see in dark caves... I used Night Eye or a torch and actually turned the gamma down to get slightly richer colours... and everyone was amazed at how good my game looked, until I told them why their game looked so washed out :P

I used Night Eye or a torch and actually turned the gamma down to get slightly richer colours... and everyone was amazed at how good my game looked, until I told them why their game looked so washed out :P

yeah I had a perma night eye item in Oblivion so hardly used torches in the end. But I've been using torches so much in Skyrim.

Someone needs to make a detect mining node spell like detect life. Sometimes they're hard as hell to find in dark caves.

It's called a torch

Or Mage Light ;)

I can't wait for darker nights and darker cave mods!

I do find it rather silly how there is convenient lamps/torches in caves/dungeons when it appears that no one has been in for a long time

I use mage light usually, I have a staff I carry around.

But the mining nodes are still hard to see sometimes. They blend in fairly well with the walls unless you're really careful.

I'd like a spell I could cast that just outlines them like Detect Life. Once I get the TES builder I'll see what's possible. I used to mod for Morrowind.

Where's the most affluent merchant to offload random spoils?

I usually go to the monkey claw guy because he's super friendly after that quest, assuming I'll get better prices (totally unconfirmed), but he's got hardly any cash.

I usually go to the monkey claw guy because he's super friendly after that quest, assuming I'll get better prices (totally unconfirmed), but he's got hardly any cash.

There's a chick in Whiterun, the blacksmith that I find usually has 1200 or so gold. And the guy inside about the same.

I use them just about all the time for everything that I can.

Speech seems very slow to level. I'm only on like 35 now and have been selling and buying things since level 1 and I'm almost level 28 now. :\

I always carry a torch on me regardless as some caves need the bloody torch to see. The things I carry on me always are the various healing and poison potions, armour, my greatsword and my bow with arrows, the pick and woodcutter's axe to do some work and finally any food that is instant. Everything else I sell off or offload to gold anyway.

@ all, I still can't find the mammoth tusks you were all telling me about. I've searched that cave thoroughly from top to bottom and no mammoth tusks. :(

Invest in the business, and it permanently increases the amount of money they have. You need speech of 70 and the Investor perk though :S

There is a bug with a guy in the bar in Riften which will allow you to raise speech to 100 within... Well, however fast you can click. I won't say it on here though incase people want to do it legitimately, but me? Fuck that, levelling speech is a nightmare. :P

Yeah, speech is so slow. Normally that's one of the things I chase but now... Jesus.

There is a bug with a guy in the bar in Riften which will allow you to raise speech to 100 within... Well, however fast you can click. I won't say it on here though incase people want to do it legitimately, but me? Fuck that, levelling speech is a nightmare. :P

tell us with the [ spoiler ] tag?? :D

Amazing amounts of loot in the Dwarven ruins, the scrap metal turns into ingots which give you heaps. So don't forget to have your packmule buddy (probably Lydia) carry as much as they can. Also, best standing stone is the steed stone. Armor doesn't slow you down and you can carry +100 on top of your existing load :)

EDIT: Just look up riften speech bug and you'll get gamefront's explanation on how to do it. It's just cheating the persuade option on some random in riften.

Edited by Count

EDIT: Just look up riften speech bug and you'll get gamefront's explanation on how to do it. It's just cheating the persuade option on some random in riften.

This. :P

So 72 hours later I still haven't recieved my skyrim key from intkeys... This is the first and most likely the last time I'll use their services, I've talked to their support team multiple times and its just the same thing over and over. "It shouldn't be much longer now", "Ive sent an email to the department regarding, please be patient". Its pathetic as Im sitting there in the support chat, seeing comments from randoms like "Thanks for the instant key!".

Then once I have the key I'll no doubt have even more troubles as its region locked to russia so who knows if I'll even be able to get it functioning right in the end.

For anyone who is struggling to balance a healthy lifestyle and Skyrim right now, try getting fit the Skyrim way!

I'm starting this tonight. Already a member at Fitocracy. Thinking about making it 20 pushups per hour of gameplay, though!

Ha! Pushups are for sissies. Try doing burpees combined with pushups instead. You'll be feeling it and it's a better workout than just pushups alone.

The game rocks and the only one you'll be cheating is yourself if you want to make use of an exploit. For those that would want to cheat, in case they didn't know but there's no MP element so you're really only competing against yourself... in a game that you could potentially play for 100s of hours.

For anyone who is struggling to balance a healthy lifestyle and Skyrim right now, try getting fit the Skyrim way!

I'm starting this tonight. Already a member at Fitocracy. Thinking about making it 20 pushups per hour of gameplay, though!

Ha! Pushups are for sissies. Try doing burpees combined with pushups instead. You'll be feeling it and it's a better workout than just pushups alone.

Yeah I thought about that; thinking about substituting 10 pushups per hour for 40 pushups per hour for a week, then I might switch to say, 20 burpees per hour for a while, and take it from there.

Just told the missus and she thinks it's a great idea, can anyone say halleluja?!

Been doing that for years now. You don't need a great deal of exercise to get results and justify obscene amounts of time spent with videogames.

The right exercise and the right nutrition means that relaxing with some games works FOR you as your body is recovering!

Pump iron, ladies. Pump iron.

Been doing that for years now. You don't need a great deal of exercise to get results and justify obscene amounts of time spent with videogames.

The right exercise and the right nutrition means that relaxing with some games works FOR you as your body is recovering!

Pump iron, ladies. Pump iron.

True. I find going to the gym extremely difficult personally, only due to having no motivation to do so. Something like this could be what I need; Fitocracy is great for it - you rank up and have achievements to unlock, targets the same sort of psych that drives motivation in your brain when playing RPG games. Tying that in with a game like Skyrim that will inevitably suck up over 100 hours is a brilliant idea!

This should be of interest to everyone in this thread who plays on pc.

Disable 360 controller to improve the menus and performance, its on by default in options.

I just tested this, went to a spot where I was getting 46fps, turned vibration and 360 controller off and it jumped up to 51fps.

I guess its a good idea, since alot of people think of exercise as a chore, to me I love going for a 45min run then doing an hour of weights and I get agitated if I haven't done any exercise not to mention once your completely stuffed from exercising you can just sit back and relax and feel 10 times better than if you were just playing a game all day. Edited by nesquick

I got my blacksmithing up to a 70 by making tons of iron daggers. 1 iron ingot and 1 leather strap.

I happened to have about 100 iron ingots in my house chest I had been saving, and a ton of bear/deer/wolf pelts from my nightly exploration of the wilds.

I can now 'improve' magic items. Which is great. My elvish bow jumped from a 31 damage to a 40 with the improve option. Huge bonus damage for me, since it's always x3 sneak crits. Basically an extra 27 damage.

Going to keep mining iron until I can get smithing to 100 I guess. Next time I'm going to take all those iron daggers and blow all the common soul stones I have enchanting them to raise my enchanting too.

Hopefully it doesn't cause too much drama with the leveling of the badguys. I'm almost level 30 now, and some of the stuff I run into sucks. I had a whole bloody pack of 6 snow wolves attack me. I killed 4 before they brought me down. First time I had been mobbed before in the game. Pretty awesome. Frustrating. But awesome.

Also met my first Falmer. Anyone know the Falmer history? They're creepy fuckers. The cave I was in was beautiful though, the glow effects of the cave moss and such. Fairly amazing.

I got my blacksmithing up to a 70 by making tons of iron daggers. 1 iron ingot and 1 leather strap.

I happened to have about 100 iron ingots in my house chest I had been saving, and a ton of bear/deer/wolf pelts from my nightly exploration of the wilds.

I can now 'improve' magic items. Which is great. My elvish bow jumped from a 31 damage to a 40 with the improve option. Huge bonus damage for me, since it's always x3 sneak crits. Basically an extra 27 damage.

Going to keep mining iron until I can get smithing to 100 I guess. Next time I'm going to take all those iron daggers and blow all the common soul stones I have enchanting them to raise my enchanting too.

Hopefully it doesn't cause too much drama with the leveling of the badguys. I'm almost level 30 now, and some of the stuff I run into sucks. I had a whole bloody pack of 6 snow wolves attack me. I killed 4 before they brought me down. First time I had been mobbed before in the game. Pretty awesome. Frustrating. But awesome.

Also met my first Falmer. Anyone know the Falmer history? They're creepy fuckers. The cave I was in was beautiful though, the glow effects of the cave moss and such. Fairly amazing.

I found the Flamer cave yesterday arvo, right after a found a camp that had been slaughtered and in that camp was a journal with an entry about the attacks on the caravan that the surviving people of the camp had belonged to and how they were too ferocious for regular bandits etc etc. Was a nice lead up to the cave.