King_TriTAN

Skyrim

I can't recall Skyrim crashing on me since the last patch, and it was never that frequent prior to that, usually just at the most inopportune times. Have you tried it without the mods?

did anyone else get annoyed and violently murder the first companion you get given?

I was trying to sneak and she's clunking around in this shitty heavy armour, I had to put a mace in the back of her head.

Then an hour later I get a letter and 300 gold for my loss haha

I first tried playing with the aid of a companion briefly relatively late in my game, reloaded and didn't bother with them again afterwards.

As long as I can make it to my horse without dying of boredom, being overburdened isn't a problem so the best attribute of the companions

that of pack-mule has no appeal to me.

did anyone else get annoyed and violently murder the first companion you get given?

I was trying to sneak and she's clunking around in this shitty heavy armour, I had to put a mace in the back of her head.

my advice is get a better companion, I have said it before but Aela with an upgraded bow (legendary ebony or daedric) is quite helpful especially when fighting dragons.

oh and don't forget the free training you can get from a companion (train then exchange items with them and take your gold back) :S

if anything I just keep someone around to act as my personal packhorse though.

i was a lightly armored ranged stealth type so i used lydia as the main tank,

i was chatting with my friends about the stealth issue. what i would do is just get her to wait if i needed to be silent then ide run back to her and get her to follow when i needed her to tank. Was a sad moment for me when she died :( but now i have some hectic mage companion you get from a daedric shrine. very boss.

Lydia was fine sneaking around with me.

It annoys me when you break into a house with a companion and they say "You're not supposed to be here"

Lydia was fine sneaking around with me.

It annoys me when you break into a house with a companion and they say "You're not supposed to be here"

if you marry them from memory they no longer do that.

Sneaking, I tend to favour those that are sneaking types anyway. Tanking, I'd tend to give Lydia or Aela the best armour possible and point at the thing to kill and tell them to do it. This is while I blast the enemy with magic.

Sneaking, I tend to favour those that are sneaking types anyway. Tanking, I'd tend to give Lydia or Aela the best armour possible and point at the thing to kill and tell them to do it. This is while I blast the enemy with magic.

problem is (for me anyway) magic doesn't seem to scale as well as say one handed, like each of my daedric swords does 170 damage, combine that with the shout that makes you quicker at one/two hand and as soon as a dragon lands hes pretty much dead in 1 strike.

playing on the highest difficulty this changes to two strikes but still its way OP if your armor is something crazy like 8-900.

Wife bought me skyrim for christmas! Stoked! Though I think she may already regret it, ha ha. Finally got a chance to install it today and got an hour or so of play in. I was amazed that I had no issues except for a looping launcher which was an easy fix. No crashes yet and I'm running on a 4870 and it all looks ok, I was really surprised that it ran ok.

Wife bought me skyrim for christmas! Stoked! Though I think she may already regret it, ha ha. Finally got a chance to install it today and got an hour or so of play in. I was amazed that I had no issues except for a looping launcher which was an easy fix. No crashes yet and I'm running on a 4870 and it all looks ok, I was really surprised that it ran ok.

yea its not exactly that graphics intensive, same engine as fallout or something?

Some quick modding and ini tweaking will still bring all non-highend sli systems to their knees (mine struggles in some places now =D), and yes it's still the same Gamebryo engine, but modded.

How's everyone's pacing with this game???

I barely went near the right hand side of the map, just visited windhelm for the first time at level 37 with 38 hours gameplay.

Only just got the greybeard weirdos to sing at me or whatever,

I'm trying to leave windhelm/riften alone until late game, though I've finished the mage's college and the companions, the rest has been questing for these and dawnstar etc.

Sadly I've already hit 100 sneak skill (dual dagger) and 100 smithing (using legendary Dragon Scale armour now)

Hopefully the game scales from here, it should do as I've almost maxed the 4 skill trees I use mainly (need to finish one handed tree and light armour tree)

I've got to move onto enchanting or something now :/ Not sure.

I'd advise you put some enchantments on your armor, namely resist fire ancient dragons may become a pita until you do the main quest line.

they started showing up for me about level 43ish.

I feel like I have run out of stuff to do though, like I still have lots of misc quests but cbf doing them because of the tedium of the loading on the xbox (for some reason loads take exponentially longer the more shit you collect)

I'm up to lv 20 and I'm only started doing the main quest again as I rerolled with another character as I thought the previous character was boring as fuck. Now, I'm a backup healer for my tank (Lydia with enchanted Dwarf armour) whilst blasting any opponents with magic if they miss Lydia.

you don't get bored just standing there letting her take all your xp?

I was over skyrim weeks ago, not sure why, I love the game and have so much to do in it, but I just cbf playing it.

yea im the same I haven't played it for like 2 weeks, I need a new game to play now since I spent so much time playing skyrim I kind of played it to death. Edited by nesquick

I was over skyrim weeks ago, not sure why, I love the game and have so much to do in it, but I just cbf playing it.

yea im the same I haven't played it for like 2 weeks, I need a new game to play now since I spent so much time playing skyrim I kind of played it to death.

I've got too much to play and unfortunately skyrim is at the bottom of the list.

Been playing Batman AC, Heroes 6 and Driver SF lately. Haven't even touched BF3 for about a fortnight.

yea im the same I haven't played it for like 2 weeks, I need a new game to play now since I spent so much time playing skyrim I kind of played it to death.

I've got too much to play and unfortunately skyrim is at the bottom of the list.

Been playing Batman AC, Heroes 6 and Driver SF lately. Haven't even touched BF3 for about a fortnight.

I've been playing Saints Row 3, Mass Effect 2, BF3, Burnout Paradise, , Doom 3, Fear 1, Fear 3.

Christ....

I haven't really got anything to play come to think of it, I could maybe play Mass effect 1 and 2 again since I lost my saves somewhere.