King_TriTAN

Skyrim

Ill likely get Mass Effect 3 on the PC. But seeing as my existing characters are on the xbox, i may have to play through ME1 & 2 first...

Anyway, I shall play a bit more of skyrim - perhaps start a new character type. I was pretty much waltzing through everything as a dual wielding nord capable of making and enchanting his own armour. I made a nice axe and called it soulstealer to harvest soulstones. To my horror I didnt realise I ran out of lower gems and started filling up grand soul gems with the souls of rats and crabs....

Now to work out whether I play an Archer type character or a Mage....

Battlefield3 is not as fun as I thought it would be/

I really like archery in skyrim, you can make super powerful bows and get some pretty cool perks to boot.

I maxed up the archery damage perk and was doing like 150 bow damage+arrow damage last I checked.

Battlefield3 is not as fun as I thought it would be/

For me Battlefield 3 was more fun during launch than it is now.

There could be many possible reasons but I'll leave that as it is.

Loving this game! It's great to be back out exploring elder scrolls terrain running around and bashing anything that challenges me with my mighty dwarven hammer, he he. perks are awesome too.

Still amazed that i've had so few issues given the massive lashing out by gamers last month and especially so given my low spec computer. Only had a couple of CTDs over several hours of gameplay - seemed to be triggered by fast travel each time but a quick reload and went smoothly :) The game even smoothly minimizes to desktop and maximises without issues!

Finished playing this game more than a week ago and I guess it's just right to say some good words about it. Well, it deserves all the good reviews it received from gamers and critics. Personally, this game is quite addicting. There were minor technical issues I've encountered but I guess it's normal, though.

No wonder it has broken the 8-year dominance of EA in UK last year. I rate Skyrim 9/10.

Must say that this is the game that keeps on giving. I've taken to Nexus mod manager and sprucing up all the graphics. The one I would have like to get going - FXAA Injector - rooted the game (it wouldn't launch until FXAA was totally uninstalled.

A few comments:

1. I think the dragon quests and thieves guilds were the best.

2. I used ranged and terrority based attacks (using terrain to your complete advantage ever time) with sneak until I got to quite a high level

3. I didn't enchant anything until I was above level 70

4. I did a lot of training - concentrating on one handed edged, and smithing initially

5. I've made maybe 3 potions up to level 81

6. Apart from restoration (health) and clairvoyance (find your goal) destrcution seems the only magic I need to get by...

To max out a character's gear I realise you can bootstrap items and potions. Rest fully - then create Blacksmithing potions and smith armor and jewelery, which you then enchant with large soul gems to improve smithing, wear them and do it all again - repeat a few times. Finally make daedric armour and weapons that are out of this world.

But herein creates a challenge - boredom once you get to be a fighter with protection above 1,150 plus magical resistance coupled with weapons that can do above 200 damage plus inflict added attackes. The game simply doesn't scale any enemies well at this level. I went up against a Forsworn Group and decided to steal all their gear (everything) before I'd attack anyone; the challenge was sneaking and stealing everything and getting away when they caught you... The final attack was boring as it was inevitable, the theiving was fun if odd. When you can rob a group of bandits or vampires of their clothes whilst they are hunting you you have gone a long way down a strange path!

I'd love smarter enemies - that move a lot faster then you (think like the vampires and werewolves in Twilight) use terrain and magic and group snipe and retreat tactics well. A lot smarter AI would be fun to contend against!

Edited by g__day

I'd love smarter enemies - that move a lot faster then you (think like the vampires and werewolves in Twilight) use terrain and magic and group snipe and retreat tactics well. A lot smarter AI would be fun to contend against!

Did you just use Twilight as an example for Vampires and Werewolves? *slaps you*

Did you just use Twilight as an example for Vampires and Werewolves? *slaps you*

Better example would be that scorpion from serious sam 2 when you pirate the game..

lol, was going to say something similar.

I thought the same actually when choosing to reference them; but lame as these vampires are - who do everything but suck blood - they do move fast, are strong and fight - so its a common reference everyone will understand!

Well I fixed a glitch that had Alea stuck outside of Jarvis saying Well these two won't be a problem anymore - and doing nothing else, then added her as my first companion to do a dungeon run with.

All went well (wasn't boring or annoying) then I went to Winterhold college and upgraded all her weapons and armour to enchanted Daedric armour (from my first attempt) that I had stored there. Great timing it provided because we'd only left the college when the Essence of Andulin came by to pay us a visit. Now I'd forgotten I'd installed the Nexus patch to make Dragons a lot tougher. Let me tell you it really works! I took massive shouts and chain lightning strikes for around 20 minutes just to get this sucker to land. His fly by flame strikes were spectular to say the least - he really is fireworks under this new mod when spits fire - whole sky seems to catch alight in the targets near vicinity.

This was the first battle were I had to go all out - for close on 45 minutes - and had to heal myself often and occassionally duck for cover! It was far, far more exciting than the last few weeks - were almost nothing touches 1,150 protection rated armour and few beasts last more than a second swing of a dual enchanted, upper legendary status Daedric mace. All I can say was I am glad I enchanted my shield the way I did and that my block is now maxed out skill wise. When I had to stand his breath attack at close range I was real glad to have the sheild handy - it felt like a scene from "300".

By the end of it Alea had survived and probably helped some. I'd previously fell down a well somewhere during an encounter with druegar - was glad when I eventually find her to she she was okay too! Now I wish there was a better play companion interaction - especially after winning a massive battle; like gets go to the pub and get plastered - at the least!

I thought the same actually when choosing to reference them; but lame as these vampires are - who do everything but suck blood - they do move fast, are strong and fight - so its a common reference everyone will understand!

I'd say it is one of the worst references to use. As I instantly think of how they sparkle. Not you know the STANDARD vampire traits they did retain.

Still it would be interesting to consider how you'd respond to a hive attack by super fast, super strong characters, both in doors and out. Characters that had incredible hearing and smell - that could launch you like a giant does outdoors, turn any rock or table into a lethal projectile or with there bare hands and legs swat you around like a superball in doors would be real hard to tackle. Make an excellent challenge for high level characters...

was just nearing the end of an epic (20 min at least) fight against 2 ancient dragons and the bloody thing ctd. So frustrated right now.

So haven't played it for a bit, fired it up last night and the damn mouse keeps leaving the game screen and going back to the desktop so when I click to attack it dumps me to dekstop. Even in windowed mode >_<

The work around currently is to disabled the side monitors *sigh*

Get ultramon or something, then you can turn that feature off.

Yeah I've got ultramon kicking around somewhere. It's just that it wasn't doing this previously, but I've had a driver update (and maybe game update?) since last played and it's doing it now.

I just don't understand why the game doesn't bind the cursor to the game screen. (like every other game!)

I'll give it a bash with mine now and see if it does it to me, running dual screens with gtx480s, you nvidia or amd?

amd

Also trying to message you on steam, but it looks like the android app is being flaky so not sure if msg has gone through.

Oooo worst fight I had was one of those dragon priests and a dragon at the same time. Was not really equipped to do so.

thats Shearpoint? I fought the dragon first before running up to claim the spoils and then that krosis guy popped out and proceeded to burn my ass all the way down the hill until I finally killed him.

Krosis should've been really hard at the level I was on and it took ages to kill him, and he popped out while my life was still low, but thankfully he fell off a rock and got stuck, his spells just hit the rock and mine kept getting him. Nice.

Anyone seen the new creation kit + steam workshop video? Going to be so easy to get mods and shit installed for skyrim, no fucking around anymore, its as simple as finding the mod in steam and clicking "Subscribe" and the next time you launch skyrim it will download/update all the mods you have subscribed. So good.

Anyone seen the new creation kit + steam workshop video? Going to be so easy to get mods and shit installed for skyrim, no fucking around anymore, its as simple as finding the mod in steam and clicking "Subscribe" and the next time you launch skyrim it will download/update all the mods you have subscribed. So good.

Man, that sound sweet as! I was messing around with Morrowind mods earlier in the year after people were talking about it in a thread somewhere, maybe even earlier in this thread - cant remember, but managed to bugger the whole thing up. My derp skills are strong. This whole steam thing could be an answer to my derp. lol.

In relation to Krosis, I came accross him by accident fairly early in the peice, probably wasnt even level 20. Smashed him easily and the dragon with him - somehow i was massivly overpowered then - was just using two handed hammers so I don't know how. Now at level 52, pretty much all dragons are Ancient Dragons and kick my ass easily, and mages generally really kick my ass. I need to get onto the alchemy and enchanting real bad. Smithing has not helped me much.